Nov 21, 2003
TX
✟11,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello fellow brothers and sisters in Christ,

I have an urgent prayer request right now for my dad, who's been struggling with a psychological dependence on alcohol for years. Recently it's taken a turn for the worse and he is now abusive towards my mother and brother. He is now stating that he will drink every day and he wants among other things to divorce my mom, who's been nothing but supportive of him (and the one who led him to Christ and to take baptism) all these years.

I am afraid that after the occurrences of the last couple of weeks, especially last night, my family will be destroyed. My dad is talking and acting as if he's demon possessed, completely nonsensical, and will not admit his addiction and keeps blaming everyone else for his problem.

I could say more, but I'll end it here. Please pray that God will intervene in this situation, soften my dad's heart and open his eyes. I am fearful for the safety and very fabric of my family, and for the health of my father who already has a few medical conditions.

PLEASE PRAY.

Thank you to all who take the time to do. Anything is appreciated at this point.

tealover

Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul.
Feb 16, 2011
✟9,732.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Oh my, I will pray for you and your family. Please God, help in this situation. This family needs you and all the strength that comes from You. Guide this man in the right direction, help him to see that You are in control and help him seek the professional help that he needs. Please keep him and his family safe from any harm. Please, please help this family deal with all that is taking place right now. I know You hear our prayers. Amen. Blessings to you!

Upvote 0

wondering1

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 1, 2009
✟50,803.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I am so sorry to hear this! Alcohol can do horrible things to individuals and to their families! Please know that I will be praying for your Dad and for you and the rest of your family. May the Lord deliver your Dad from his addiction to alcohol, and may He give you and your family strength, wisdom, and peace. God bless you! :crossrc:

Upvote 0

servant of Merciful Love

Goodbye~God bless
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2008
✟2,498.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Perhaps his doctor, your pastor, or a family friend could intervene.
AA has support groups for family members that may give you insight and support.

I will be praying for your father's healing of body, mind, and spirit.
Praying also for you and your loved ones ~ strength and hope during this terrible trial :hug: :crossrc:

Upvote 0

pilgrimgal

Jeremiah 29:11 It's good!
Apr 9, 2006
USA
✟25,368.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Lord, wake up this father to realize what he is doing to himself and others as he continues this drinking and behavior. God, lead him to the place where he will seek help. And give his family the courage to speak the truth to him about how his behavior is affecting them. Protect them all from further harm. In the Name of Jesus..

Upvote 0

Periann

Nov 21, 2003
TX
✟11,410.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you so much for all who prayed and are praying. It is literally going to take a mountain of prayers because I feel like only God Himself can change this situation. Dad's not an evil person, he's just deceived into believing that alcohol is the best way to solve his depression and his greatest enemies are his pride and his own intelligence. So I'm praying that whatever is causing his depression in his mind be removed and hopefully he will develop a dislike for alcohol.

Anyway the above is either here nor there. Just so all of you know, your prayers are very much appreciated and they provided comfort to me, and hopefully they are moving things in heaven.

Thank you!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums