Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,682.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yahweh's the centre everyday.

I refuse to look at things such as the wrong date, etc., and stop celebrating Christmas because the end result supports the current assault to stamp out our Christian voice. As we all know, many of them do not want to see or hear anything about Him. As far as me and my family, we aren't going to miss an opportunity to support the religious nature of Christmas both inside and outside our home and point to Yeshua.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lord's Servant

Ave Maria
Jun 20, 2016
Brownsville,Texas USA
✟23,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Alright I believe that is there is nothing wrong in celebrating Christmas or Easter as long as our focus is on Him and so what pagans celebrated some false gods on that day? It's doesn't matter because we celebrate Christ on those days not some pagan gods

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

Is this videos true ? Because I've read Easter is pagan as well as Christmas and Halloween that it started in Babylon with nimrod and Semiramis and Rome and then the Catholic Church made those holidays Christian so does any of this has any basis in fact or is it just hogwash?
No. None of it's true. And why, exactly, would a denomination that didn't even exist until several hundred years after Christ, and even more centuries after the Babylonian empire had ceased to exist, want to copy a Babylonian festival? But the real issue concerns what the festival is about, who is celebrated, and so on. If it's all about Christ, the fact that someone else also did something faintly like this at an earlier time is meaningless.

But if you're determined that something in this is wrong, I hope you also refuse to sing songs, praise God or pray to him, have ministers or pastors, face East, use candles, have church buildings, have any festivals at all, or baptize new followers...'cause some pagan did all of that before Christianity came along!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Lord's Servant

Ave Maria
Jun 20, 2016
Brownsville,Texas USA
✟23,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Ah I see then well some people believe that it Babylon then Egypt and then Greek and then Rome and then Christianity adopt it and that's true everything comes from paganism and no one is celebrating pagan gods we are celebrating Christ birth and resurrection on those days

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
FWIW, I just took a closer look at the video (it's long, you know) and found all sorts of nonsense. For example, Santa is said to be a parody of God...except when he's a mock Satan. So when Santa seems to match one of them, it's a score for the lecturer. When it doesn't, it's still a hit for the lecturer. He can call it a proof in either case, even while the "evidence" is going in opposite directions. Of course, Santa Claus is not a representation of either God or Satan, but of a human, St. Nicholas.

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Pretty far-fetched, wouldn't you say?
I wouldn't.
You say it doesn't matter if some pagan did it first and the bible says not to imitate the ways of the godless.
So you are sounding far fetched to me about this one, Al.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
FWIW, I just took a closer look at the video (it's long, you know) and found all sorts of nonsense. For example, Santa is said to be a parody of God...except when he's a mock Satan. So when Santa seems to match one of them, it's a score for the lecturer. When it doesn't, it's still a hit for the lecturer. He can call it a proof in either case, even while the "evidence" is going in opposite directions. Of course, Santa Claus is not a representation of either God or Satan, but of a human, St. Nicholas.
We each have to interpret reality for ourselves.
Sometimes a truth cuts both ways.
A parody of God can also be a caricature of Satan, just like the silhouette of a vase can look like two people facing each other.
The eye of the beholder makes the difference.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't.
You say it doesn't matter if some pagan did it first and the bible says not to imitate the ways of the godless.
So you are sounding far fetched to me about this one, Al.
Huh? Are you seriously saying that some allegedly pagan belief that isn't really all that similar to Christian practice comes to us because the Babylonians supposedly thought it up, passed it to the Egyptians, and from them to the Greeks, and from them to the Romans, then later to be reasserted by the Catholic Church because it wanted to perpetuate the pagan practices of the foregoing (although the religious practices and beliefs of these peoples were all different)?? That's what I replied "far-fetched" to.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Huh? Are you seriously saying that some allegedly pagan belief that isn't really all that similar to Christian practice comes to us because the Babylonians though it up, passed it to the Egyptians, and from them to the Greeks, and from them to the Romans, then later to be reasserted by the Catholic Church because it wanted to perpetuate the pagan practices of the foregoing (although the religious practices and beliefs of these peoples were all different)?? That's what I replied "far-fetched" to.
Huh? Are you seriously suggesting the devil has not been trying to corrupt Christianity from day one?
That's what I referred to as your being far fetched for not believing.

Reactions: YHWH's Lion
Upvote 0

Colter

Nov 9, 2004
✟92,791.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

Is this videos true ? Because I've read Easter is pagan as well as Christmas and Halloween that it started in Babylon with nimrod and Semiramis and Rome and then the Catholic Church made those holidays Christian so does any of this has any basis in fact or is it just hogwash?
Yes! Christianity, a religion about Jesus, is the result of a marriage between the Jesus story as retold by some of his original apostles as they understood him, and of Paul who never knew Jesus in the flesh. Having been rejected on Jewish soil, the Pagan world was found to be more receptive to the new, post-cross gospel about Jesus as a sacrifice. They made it their own.

It seems that Jesus patterned his entire life and death around concepts and beliefs already in existence inside and outside of Judaism and the Gentile, Pagan world so that when the missionaries and their gospel about Jesus was preached the audience was hearing something kind of familiar.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mar 15, 2016
California
✟15,249.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I would point out that in most places in the world, Easter is referred to my some variation of the term Passover (such as Pascha, or Pescha) Only English and Germanic areas is the term Easter (or a variant) used. It arose from the Germanic word Eostre, which was both their term for the spring equinox (when Passover occurs) and the name of a Germanic goddess. While the two are linked etymologically, that does not mean that they thought they were worshipping a pagan god, merely they were adopting a name for a season in which Passover (which would have been linguistically unfamiliar to them). In a similar manner, most Christians don't consider it idolatry to have a calendar hanging up or writing down the months or days of the week, most of which are derived from the names of pagan gods and demigods.

Upvote 0

samir

Dec 9, 2015
us
✟18,067.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private

There is some truth and some falsehoods in those type of claims.

Christmas is short for mass of Christ. It is a catholic mass to celebrate the birth of Christ. The church may have picked the date to provide an alternative celebration for converts who were used to celebrating the pagan Saturnalia and Winter Solstice at that time but that doesn't make Christmas a pagan holiday even if some Christmas traditions have pagan origins.

The Puritans made it illegal to celebrate Christmas in America and forced people to work on Christmas because they were opposed to the catholic origins of the holiday. Also, prior to the commercialization of Christmas, non-catholics celebrated it by partying, getting drunk and fornicating. The commercialization of Christmas by Sears and other companies after the Civil War made the holiday more Christian and acceptable to Protestants because it replaced drunken debauchery associated with Christmas with Christian values of spending time with family and sharing.

Regarding the name Easter, a writer named Bede said it's origin is from the pagan goddess Eostre but nothing is known about that goddess outside of his writing so he may have simply been misinformed.

Reactions: KarateCowboy
Upvote 0

Lord's Servant

Ave Maria
Jun 20, 2016
Brownsville,Texas USA
✟23,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Here is the mistakes that I found in the video
Staley saids that's Zoroaster means seed of Easter in reality it's means golden camel.
•Staley saids that Quetzalcoatl was the Maya sun god but in reality it was the Aztec God of books,priests,morning star.He gave corn to the Aztecs and he is a symbol of life and resurrection.
•Staley says that the statue of St. Peter is Jupiter but in reality it's the apostle Peter and it was created in the 13th century by Italian artist Arnolfo di Cambio or some believe it is made in the 5th century.
•Lent was started in Babylon by the death of Tammuz but in reality Lent is one of the oldest observations on the Christian calendar.Early church father Irenaus of Lyons (c.130-c.200) wrote of such a season in the earliest days of the church, but back then it lasted only two or three days, not the 40 observed today.In 325, the Council of Nicea discussed a 40-day Lenten season of fasting.Until the 600s, Lent began on Quadragesima (Fortieth) Sunday, but Gregory the Great (c.540-604) moved it to a Wednesday, now called Ash Wednesday, to secure the exact number of 40 days in Lent—not counting Sundays, which were feast days.
•Staley said it was osiris was sun god but in reality it was Amun-Ra.
•Staley says the obelisk originated as Baal’s male body part but in reality it was a petrified sunbeam from the sun god.another mistake is he says that Muslims worship obelisks but in reality they throw stones at it for they believe it is of the Devil.
•steeples are NOT obelisks from ancient Egypt they were made in 6th century Europe.
•jingle bells was not about krampus it was written by a American composer James Lord Pierpont in 1857 in Medford,Massachusetts.
•Spurgeon treated Christmas like taking it as an opportunity to Preach Christ, to lift up the truth about Christ to a world that, because of Christmas, might just listen. He would have been critical of things like Santa Claus,but would have also taken the cultural opportunity to fellowship with relatives and friends, but with true worship of Christ.He wasn't against Christmas.
•Easter eggs came from lent people in the Middle Ages fasted from eggs,milk,meat,and cheese and at Easter they could eat eggs again and they decorated them. The Easter bunny came a German custom that was brought to America in the 17th century.
•Semiramis husband was Ninus.Nimrod didn't have a wife or kids.tammuz wasn't killed by a boar that was Adonis,Tammuz was dragged to the underworld by demons. She was in fact a Assyrian queen who lived in the 9th century years after nimrod died
•The origin of the crosier is at times associated with the shepherd's crook. Whether the usage was borrowed from this source is doubtful. Some writers trace an affinity with the lituus, or rod used by the Roman augurs in their divinations, while others again trace in the crosier an adaptation of the ordinary walking-sticks which were used for support on journeys and in churches before the introduction of seats (Catalani, Pont. Rom., Proleg., xx).In liturgical usage it probably goes back to the fifth century (Kirchenlex., s.v. Hirtenstab). Mention of it is made in a letter of Pope Celestine I (d. 432) to the Bishops of Vienneand Narbonne. Staffs have indeed been found in the catacombs that date from the fourth century.
* Staley says that the monstrance came from sun worship but the Catholic encyclopedia says this "It is plain that the introduction of ostensoria must have been posterior to the period at which the practice of exposing the Blessed Sacrament or carrying it in procession first became familiar in the Church.
This adoration of the Body of Christ cannot be assigned to an earlier date than the thirteenth century. At the same time, Lanfranc'sconstitutions for the monks of Christ Church, Canterbury (c. 1070), direct that in the Palm Sunday procession two priests.
on this special occasion. Simon, Abbot of St. Albans(1166-83), presented to the abbey a costly ark-shaped vessel adorned with enamels representing scenes of the Passion, which was to be used on Palm Sunday "that the faithful might see with what honour the most holy Body of Christ"
•Staley says that Baal was the Babylonian sun god but in reality it was shamash not Baal.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KarateCowboy

Classical liberal
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2004
✟140,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
In Rome, the cross was a pagan symbol of punishment, justice, and also oppression and Roman power. Christ reconsecrated it to a holy purpose. There is nothing wrong with following in His example with other things

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Alright I believe that is there is nothing wrong in celebrating Christmas or Easter as long as our focus is on Him and so what pagans celebrated some false gods on that day? It's doesn't matter because we celebrate Christ on those days not some pagan gods

Yes, and Amen! We remember His sacrifice on Easter; we do not celebrate Easter. We remember His birth on Christmas; we do not celebrate Christmas. It is sooooooooooo simple, folks. Cherish His sacrifice, cherish His birth. Forget the extraneous stuff.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
And why, exactly, would a denomination that didn't even exist until several hundred years after Christ, and even more centuries after the Babylonian empire had ceased to exist, want to copy a Babylonian festival?
To get control of more people ? (not to save them)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yes, and Amen! We remember His sacrifice on Easter; we do not celebrate Easter. We remember His birth on Christmas; we do not celebrate Christmas. It is sooooooooooo simple, folks. Cherish His sacrifice, cherish His birth. Forget the extraneous stuff.
Did you read what you said ?
Yes, remembering His death as He said, as it is written in His Word, is obedient , good and right when done properly.
The rest is extraneous stuff brought in from babylon many generations ago ,
so FORGET THE EXTRANEOUS STUFF ! (right?!)

DO CELEBRATE , in accordance with God's Word! NOT in accordance with babylon !

Upvote 0