Brownsville,Texas USA
✟23,982.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Is this videos true ? Because I've read Easter is pagan as well as Christmas and Halloween that it started in Babylon with nimrod and Semiramis and Rome and then the Catholic Church made those holidays Christian so does any of this has any basis in fact or is it just hogwash?

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟217,925.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is this videos true ?
In a word, no.

I've read Easter is pagan as well as Christmas and Halloween that it started in Babylon with nimrod and Semiramis
Utter baloney.

Rome and then the Catholic Church made those holidays Christian so does any of this has any basis in fact or is it just hogwash?
The latter. The folks who propagate that idiocy generally forbid the observance of any feast that is centered on our Lord Christ and instead insist that only Jewish feasts that never acknowledge our Lord at all are to be kept as though we were still under the Law. They invoke made-up "history" to support their positions. I find the whole thing despicable.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
[/MEDIA]

Is this videos true ? Because I've read Easter is pagan as well as Christmas and Halloween that it started in Babylon with nimrod and Semiramis and Rome and then the Catholic Church made those holidays Christian so does any of this has any basis in fact or is it just hogwash?
Just read and trust the Bible(IF and only IF you're willing to give up idolatry as God reveals it to you). (don't worry about customs, social events, paganism, heathenism, or anything from outside sources -- just read the BIBLE) >>
Trust Jesus and the Father in heaven, asking for wisdom and understanding.

But be ready - (if you love the truth, and seek God's Kingdom) - you're in for a BIG SURPRISE (probably a LOT of them).

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do we look to pagan holidays for Truth? God forbid. Some folks would love for pagan holidays to replace Christian observances --- tell them to get lost. Well, they already are. Jesus is Lord, to the Glory of God the Father. Easter is observed as HIS day. Christmas is observed as HIS day. NEITHER refers to godless atheistic gobbaldy-de-gook.

Upvote 0

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I do not celebrate them any longer (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc.) In some things it may not be spot on, but for the most part I do believe it is pretty close. It is sun worship.

Besides, the big question that should be asked is why do believers celebrate these "holidays" when God has already ordained HIS Holy Day's for His people, that will be celebrated in His Kingdom, why not rejoice and celebrate these true Holy Days, since they seem very important to Him.

22 “For as the new heavens and the new earth
Which I will make shall remain before Me,” says the LORD,
“So shall your descendants and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the LORD." Isaiah 66:22-23

16 "And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles." Zechariah 14:16-19

Also, these are not "Jewish" Feasts, these are the LORD's (Yahweh's) Feasts:

1 And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, 2 “Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: ‘The feasts of the LORD, which you shall proclaim to be holy convocations, these are My feasts." Leviticus 23:1

4 ‘These are the feasts of the LORD, holy convocations which you shall proclaim at their appointed times." Leviticus 23:4

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It sort of goes to the core of things - WHO do people worship ? What is written in Revelation ? (about who people worship)

Do people even know who they worship ?

Is it good to worship what is unknown, like in athens ? (the people the messenger of God preached to)

Or better to wait until the One True God is known ?

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I do not celebrate them any longer (Christmas, Easter, Halloween, etc.) In some things it may not be spot on, but for the most part I do believe it is pretty close. It is sun worship.

Besides, the big question that should be asked is why do believers celebrate these "holidays" when God has already ordained HIS Holy Day's for His people, that will be celebrated in His Kingdom, why not rejoice and celebrate these true Holy Days, since they seem very important to Him.

22 “For as the new heavens and the new earth
Which I will make shall remain before Me,” says the LORD,
“So shall your descendants and your name remain.
23 And it shall come to pass
That from one New Moon to another,
And from one Sabbath to another,
All flesh shall come to worship before Me,” says the LORD." Isaiah 66:22-23

16 "And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 17 And it shall be that whichever of the families of the earth do not come up to Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, on them there will be no rain. 18 If the family of Egypt will not come up and enter in, they shall have no rain; they shall receive the plague with which the Lord strikes the nations who do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles. 19 This shall be the punishment of Egypt and the punishment of all the nations that do not come up to keep the Feast of Tabernacles." Zechariah 14:16-19

I admit i dont understand the words of the prophets when they mention such holy days. We are given liberty from the law, and Romans 14 sure doesn't seem to endorse any particular holy day. I wonder if these holy days are observed spiritually somehow as we follow Christ and his commands. I dont believe that God actually wants us to go to Jerusalem and worship. I believe it has a spiritual meaning of some kind. Look for example at the pattern on the mountain in Hebrews 8. Its no longer a physical temple but is now spiritual in meaning. I dont have all the answers about this, but by faith i believe that the Lord wants me to worship him in spirit and truth, not in holy days and religious rituals. Just my opinion.

John 4:19 The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Hebrews 8 Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, 2 a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man.

3 For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore it is necessary that this One also have something to offer. 4 For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; 5 who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”[a] 6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I admit i dont understand the words of the prophets when they mention such holy days. We are given liberty from the law, and Romans 14 sure doesn't seem to endorse any particular holy day. I wonder if these holy days are observed spiritually somehow as we follow Christ and his commands. I dont believe that God actually wants us to go to Jerusalem and worship. I believe it has a spiritual meaning of some kind. Look for example at the pattern on the mountain in Hebrews 8. Its no longer a physical temple but is now spiritual in meaning. I dont have all the answers about this, but by faith i believe that the Lord wants me to worship him in spirit and truth, not in holy days and religious rituals. Just my opinion.

John 4:19 The woman said to Him, “Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. 20 Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship.”

21 Jesus said to her, “Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 22 You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 23 But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 24 God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”

Hebrews 8 Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, 2 a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man.

3 For every high priest is appointed to offer both gifts and sacrifices. Therefore it is necessary that this One also have something to offer. 4 For if He were on earth, He would not be a priest, since there are priests who offer the gifts according to the law; 5 who serve the copy and shadow of the heavenly things, as Moses was divinely instructed when he was about to make the tabernacle. For He said, “See that you make all things according to the pattern shown you on the mountain.”[a] 6 But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.

Yes we are to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth, that is very important. Though, I believe you can celebrate them and worship Him where you are at, God understands, the scripture that I posted talking about The Feast of Tabernacles is what will happen in the future, but you see through scripture, even after Jesus died and rose, that they still kept the Feast days. And what is interesting to note is that God's Holy Days are not just some days to celebrate, but it is prophecy and His timeline that He has created. For example, the spring Feasts looked forward to His first coming and death and resurrection, and the fall Feasts look forward to His second coming, and when He sets up His Kingdom and we enter in to the Wedding Supper of the Lamb. It is a joyous thing to remember what He has done and what He will do, it helps us to hold onto hope, at least that is how I see it. :)

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes we are to worship Him in Spirit and in Truth, that is very important. Though, I believe you can celebrate them and worship Him where you are at, God understands, the scripture that I posted talking about The Feast of Tabernacles is what will happen in the future, but you see through scripture, even after Jesus died and rose, that they still kept the Feast days. And what is interesting to note is that God's Holy Days are not just some days to celebrate, but it is prophecy and His timeline that He has created. For example, the spring Feasts looked forward to His first coming and death and resurrection, and the fall Feasts look forward to His second coming, and when He sets up His Kingdom and we enter in to the Wedding Supper of the Lamb. It is a joyous thing to remember what He has done and what He will do, it helps us to hold onto hope, at least that is how I see it. :)

I guess i just see it all as spiritual in meaning. However, thats my faith not yours, and i respect your faith. No one has all the answers, and so we each walk by faith not sight. Its our duty and calling to love and respect each other, considering others as better than ourselves. When we are humbled, through awareness of our own limitations in understanding, it becomes easier to do this. IM glad i dont know everything. Its humbling. I feel its a gift from God. He shows me what i need to know however, and thats a gift as well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I guess i just see it all as spiritual in meaning. However, thats my faith not yours, and i respect your faith. No one has all the answers, and so we each walk by faith not sight. Its our duty and calling to love and respect each other, considering others as better than ourselves. When we are humbled, through awareness of our own limitations in understanding, it becomes easier to do this. IM glad i dont know everything. Its humbling. I feel its a gift from God. He shows me what i need to know however, and thats a gift as well.

Yes I suppose it can be looked at it that way, it is just the times that He wanted us to set aside and look forward to and to draw closer to Him in understanding I believe. I understand, and I do not want to make it seem like I am forcing people to do what I do, I just want them to think about it. It saddens my heart that they would rather celebrate man made "holidays" than what God has already ordained as His Holy Days, for His purpose. Yes that is very important, to stay humble and allow God to lead us to all truth and to teach us to truly love because I know I still need to be worked on in that area (to love more the way He wants us to love), some days more than others. Thanks for the kindness. Yes, we don't know everything, so we must trust Him to teach us as we journey along and strive to follow Him. :)

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Its ok to worship differently, as long as its in spirit and truth. That's the way i see it. God fashions our hearts individually.

Psalms 33:3 The Lord looks from heaven;
He sees all the sons of men.
14 From the place of His dwelling He looks
On all the inhabitants of the earth;
15 He fashions their hearts individually;
He considers all their works.

16 No king is saved by the multitude of an army;
A mighty man is not delivered by great strength.
17 A horse is a vain hope for safety;
Neither shall it deliver any by its great strength.

18 Behold, the eye of the Lord is on those who fear Him,
On those who hope in His mercy,
19 To deliver their soul from death,
And to keep them alive in famine.

20 Our soul waits for the Lord;
He is our help and our shield.
21 For our heart shall rejoice in Him,
Because we have trusted in His holy name.
22 Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us,
Just as we hope in You.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes I suppose it can be looked at it that way, it is just the times that He wanted us to set aside and look forward to and to draw closer to Him in understanding I believe. I understand, and I do not want to make it seem like I am forcing people to do what I do, I just want them to think about it. It saddens my heart that they would rather celebrate man made "holidays" than what God has already ordained as His Holy Days, for His purpose. Yes that is very important, to stay humble and allow God to lead us to all truth and to teach us to truly love because I know I still need to be worked on in that area (to love more the way He wants us to love), some days more than others. Thanks for the kindness. Yes, we don't know everything, so we must trust Him to teach us as we journey along and strive to follow Him. :)

You have a point. Christmas is a difficult time of year for many, its a painful reminder of lost loved ones. Its also a lot of rushing around and i just don't care for it. That's just me though. I guess i wouldn't mind sharing in a few gifts with my wife though. That might be nice. I just dont feel the whole Christmas holy day thing though.

Upvote 0

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You have a point. Christmas is a difficult time of year for many, its a painful reminder of lost loved ones. Its also a lot of rushing around and i just don't care for it. That's just me though. I guess i wouldn't mind sharing in a few gifts with my wife though. That might be nice. I just dont feel the whole Christmas holy day thing though.

Yes, I never really did have much joy, I mean only very short happiness that would disappear quickly when it came around ( I use to celebrate Christmas and such), but my heart feels so much more different in celebrating and acknowledging God's Holy Days, there is true joy and fulfillment with it, it is hard to explain it just has to be experienced, but your heart has to be all the way in it I believe. I don't blame you, it is nice to get gifts and such every now and then. The Feast of Tabernacles is a time to give gifts and feast and praise, it also lasts for 7 days with an extra 8th day attached. One of these days if I am able to, it would be nice to set up a tent or some type of temporary dwelling during the Feast of Tabernacles, but we shall see what the future holds. Personally, this is my opinion, the reason you do not feel like celebrating Christmas, is I believe God is leading you away from it for a reason. This is just my opinion, that is what happened for me anyway, each year I just drew further away from wanting to celebrate it until one year I decided to drop it all together, because I felt that is what God wanted me to do, so I had to make a stand. :)

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, I never really did have much joy, I mean only very short happiness that would disappear quickly when it came around ( I use to celebrate Christmas and such), but my heart feels so much more different in celebrating and acknowledging God's Holy Days, there is true joy and fulfillment with it, it is hard to explain it just has to be experienced, but your heart has to be all the way in it I believe. I don't blame you, it is nice to get gifts and such every now and then. The Feast of Tabernacles is a time to give gifts and feast and praise, it also lasts for 7 days with an extra 8th day attached. One of these days if I am able to, it would be nice to set up a tent or some type of temporary dwelling during the Feast of Tabernacles, but we shall see what the future holds. Personally, this is my opinion, the reason you do not feel like celebrating Christmas, is I believe God is leading you away from it for a reason. This is just my opinion, that is what happened for me anyway, each year I just drew further away from wanting to celebrate it until one year I decided to drop it all together, because I felt that is what God wanted me to do, so I had to make a stand. :)

I never saw Christmas as a real Christian day anyway, but after reading NT scripture more deeply i didnt feel that any celebration or holy days were necessary. I cant say whether its right or wrong to follow holy days, but im glad that you find edification in it. THat seems like a really good thing. I would only say be careful to avoid legalism, but thats just a personal concern of mine. Im not preaching or anything, and i wouldn't. So please try not to think badly of me . I am delighted that you find joy in it. That's realy nice to hear.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I never saw Christmas as a real Christian day anyway, but after reading NT scripture more deeply i didnt feel that any celebration or holy days were necessary. I cant say whether its right or wrong to follow holy days, but im glad that you find edification in it. THat seems like a really good thing. I would only say be careful to avoid legalism, but thats just a personal concern of mine. Im not preaching or anything, and i wouldn't. So please try not to think badly of me . I am delighted that you find joy in it. That's realy nice to hear.

Yeah, it never really took on that Christian image for me either, it was just very attracting as a child since I loved the lights and gifts and baking etc. but it was empty, for me anyway. Yes, thank you, I will be careful, I have come to see that not many things have changed from the old to the new, like the laws, except for sacrificing animals because Jesus was the final sacrifice, but I must remember that I cannot force people to follow the way I have come to understand things while studying, God must lead them, because it has to come from their heart. I have probably been a little hard on some people in the past, which I must ask forgiveness for, I don't want to cause arguments or any other hurtful feelings toward anyone. Also, It is important to always have the Old and New Testaments, because with both they will help us better understand things, we just have to look at the Bible as a whole and pray for discernment, I am still learning myself, I am not perfect. No I do not think badly of you, and I hope you do not think badly of me as well. I must remember that it doesn't matter what I say or do, I must have love in everything or it means nothing, and I know that is one thing that is hard to grasp at times, the love God wants us to have, not what the world "teaches" us. If you are ever curious in wanting to hear how we celebrate Tabernacles, I have a couple of recordings (just voice recordings) I could give you, I would have to do it through Skype though because they are pretty big, if not that is fine, if nothing else it has good songs and a good message, I will also ask if it is okay as well, because it has family and such, but I wouldn't see any problem because it is just us singing and then my pastor reading from the Bible. Anyway, it is totally up to you! :)

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Forgot to hit reply XD

Thank you for your invitation. I dont do Skype though. To be honest, im having enough trouble with staying holy and loving. I better not add anything to my faith right now. Im doing good though, and im thankful to God for that.

Upvote 0

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Thank you for your invitation. I dont do Skype though. To be honest, im having enough trouble with staying holy and loving. I better not add anything to my faith right now. Im doing good though, and im thankful to God for that.

You're welcome, oh well that is okay, I was just offering if you wanted to ^^ Yes we must not overwhelm ourselves, one step forward at a time. Yes I can understand that, it is a battle every day, we must always die daily, which is a hard process sometimes, I still have to work on that as well. ^^ That is good that you are doing good though, yes that is something to be thankful for! :)

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You're welcome, oh well that is okay, I was just offering if you wanted to ^^ Yes we must not overwhelm ourselves, one step forward at a time. Yes I can understand that, it is a battle every day, we must always die daily, which is a hard process sometimes, I still have to work on that as well. ^^ That is good that you are doing good though, yes that is something to be thankful for! :)

Amen. :)

Reactions: Peace Keeper
Upvote 0