May 10, 2010
USA
Visit site
✟8,409.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hebrews 7:9 -- "One might even say that Levi himself, who receives tithes, paid tithes through Abraham ..."

Hebrews 7:4 (KJV) - Now consider how great this man was, unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils.

Hebrews 7:5 (KJV) - And verily they that are of the sons of Levi, who receive the office of the priesthood, have a commandment to take tithes of the people according to the law, that is, of their brethren, though they come out of the loins of Abraham:

Hebrews 7:9 (KJV) - And as I may so say, Levi also, who receiveth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

Levi could only pay such a tithe according to the law.

Notice that Abraham gave a tenth while the Levites payed tithes.

The KJV distinguishes between Abraham/tenth and Levi/tithes.

Upvote 0
N

Nanopants

But understand the dangers of allowing someone to (bind you) by the (natural law).

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean by "natural law"?

For some of us, including myself, this term refers to a system of ethics that is derived from the state of nature as God created it - that is to say, a source of law that doesn't rest on God's commands.

Upvote 0

InSpiritInTruth

May 15, 2011
State of Grace
✟11,335.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That which came first is natural, and that which is second is spiritual.

Just as with the first state of man which is natural, even so is this first state of the law with its all its carnal ordinances was to reflect on a much greater (spiritual) meaning.

For instance, the feast of unleavened bread, and the killing of the passover lamb given in the natural law (was revealed) in its true spiritual meaning by the prophecy fulfilled in Jesus our passover Lamb.

First you had the natural ordinance given in the law, and then you have the spiritual law of prophecy, which is fulfilled in its due time.

That is why Paul said the law was just a shadow of things to come, but not the very image of those things.

This hidden prophecy in the natural law can only be seen through the mind of the Spirit.

Upvote 0
I

ILuvJesus4ever

Thanks everyone for explaining the role of tithing. I had a chance to look inside my heart and realize that the art of giving is through the heart not so much the amount. God wants my heart not my money. I definitely realize as a christian we have to help others and help bring people to God. Yes I do give to the church but I give from my heart and not necessarily focused on the amount I give. I also give my time to God also not just on Sundays but daily. I am 100% committed to God and God knows my heart and the main purpose of my giving. My main goal before I leave this earth is to saved as many people as I can and to be content with my life while I am here. That's it. I do not want to be rich and famous...lol I just want to love Jesus and be happy. ^_^ I hope all of you have a great weekend and a awesome time at church tomorrow!!:angel:

Upvote 0