Trump protesters block Ariz. road to keep candidate away from rally

Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I don't like that kind of behavior either. Yet, you have a couple in a 10,000 people that are a bit nuts. Okay.

So that pretty much says the protesters can act the way they do? From what the kids said, and what this man said...they were quite vicious. Why do we encourage behavior like that on either side?
Actually, the cop's account is called into question simply because it appears that he is a Trump supporter....

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Your proof that Trump rallies are all seething with violence is to keep posting a story about a single event which occurred at one rally. Excellent.
He never said that, and now you are shoving words into his mouth. He said "The problem with these anecdotal stories about how Trump rallies are lovefests is that they ignore the reality"

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I know you did not bother. That is why I took the time to research for the discussion.

I never said anything about the guy not being trusted. Those are your words you are trying to shove in my mouth.

Okay. You tell me I'm crying in one thread, and now I'm shoving things down your throat.

What's the purpose of him being anything as far as who's fan, and why does that minimize his experiences?

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the cop's account is called into question simply because it appears that he is a Trump supporter....

Okay Then. Got It. So, you are saying he is being called into question....but you aren't saying he can't be trusted.

Not sure how to balance that.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Okay. You tell me I'm crying in one thread, and now I'm shoving things down your throat.

What's the purpose of him being anything as far as who's fan, and why does that minimize his experiences?
I said you are shoving words into my mouth, not things down my throat.

How can you read the words yet get them wrong?

The only reason I bothered to respond to you is because you asked how Summer knew the man was conservative and a Trump fan. That is all I discussed, and I said nothing bad about the man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Okay Then. Got It. So, you are saying he is being called into question....but you aren't saying he can't be trusted.

Not sure how to balance that.
I never said the man cannot be trusted. Here is how you balance it. Don't read into words things that are not there.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

The video shows his experience is not accurate. He may have experienced foot massages, but someone was still punched and beaten at a Trump rally for protesting.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, the problem is not saying he is not trustworthy (albeit he ignores reality), but he is posted across Facebook and YouTube simply because he's African American. African American conservatives are often propped up because they hold views that are not held by most African Americans. Then they are billed as "interesting," "enlightening," "a breath of fresh air," etc. The thing is, they are none of those things, they simply reflect the same tired conservative arguments everyone's heard before.

Yikers, you sure do assume alot. I posted because he said similar things compared what my adult kids said when they went to the Chicago rally. They went out of curiosity sake, and the fact his rally's are blasted all over the place. They aren't politically involved, nor do I think they pay much attention to things in that arena.

I find your view rather offensive personally. AA that are conservatives are to de-legitimatized. That's just sad. I had heard people mention that they do get targeted, but I never though I'd see someone actually do it so blazingly. It's prejudice pure and simple.

My parents went different directions politically, and YES some dinner conversations were pretty intense - although never ugly. I have heard both sides most of my life, and they both have their plus and minus points. Thankfully, they both believed that contempt like this should never become a part of things. Yes, I realize the right does it also. It's just as nasty either way.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I never said the man cannot be trusted. Here is how you balance it. Don't read into words things that are not there.

So what are you saying? He is a black man and conservative so that automatically means should be called into question. That is what SummerMadness seems to saying.

It's not my fault you can't be clear.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The video shows his experience is not accurate. He may have experienced foot massages, but someone was still punched and beaten at a Trump rally for protesting.

How does it show its not accurate? Just because its your opinion?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
So what are you saying? He is a black man and conservative so that automatically means should be called into question. That is what SummerMadness seems to saying.

If you go back to the beginning, you find Summer calling the man a conservative and a Trump supporter. You came along and asked how did he know the man was a conservative and a Trump supporter. I jumped in and said he was a conservative and a Trump supporter by what was on his Facebook page. I said nothing else about the man except to say that his comments about the rally was in question due to his bias.

That is what I am saying.

I was extremely clear. You were the one making inaccurate assumptions, not me.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,770.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private

I said nothing about his race. I could care less about his race. There you go again putting words in my mouth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

Here's a good question, was there any violence at the Tucson rally? Do links not work on your computer?

I never suggested that being African American and conservative automatically calls anything he says into question. Reality would call what he says into question.

Upvote 0