Your dreams.
✟30,570.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing wrong with peacefully blocking a road in protest. Just be ready to be arrested, that's the social contract you make with civil disobedience. The police referring to people driving into oncoming traffic, you either ticket people or divert traffic to maintain order, simple.

And people complaining about traffic backup and safety, might want to talk to Chris Christie about closing a bridge to retaliate against a city for not supporting him during an election.

Don't care about Chris Loves Oblabla Christie. Better find another example to make your point.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
You act as if the two are mutually exclusive. And I know your smarter than that, I wasn't actually saying he was like a rape victim, just that people were blaming the victim.

What you don't get is that there are people who are tired of being shouted down. Who for the past few years has watched moronic protests like this and loathed those people.

Those folks? They see this happening to trump and wonder if he's doing something right.

The enemy of my enemy thing.
You simply can't have it both ways. He can't be said to be a victim of these bad liberal, college students while at the same time running a theme that they are actually helping him gain support through their actions.

I see your point but I just don't see Trump as a victim in this at all. I know you're not saying he's being attacked personally in the same way a rape victim is, but I just don't see him as any kind of victim at all. He's a rich guy on his way to the White House. What does he have to feel victimized about? And if he does, I'm sorry I don't feel bad for him.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump voters are low-information voters, because they really don't see that he has no solution except for chaos.

Complete and absolute rubbish. And you have the gall to call someone else low information. Once again the American left is championing the mob and the mob mentality. Blocking a major thoroughfare such as was done in this case isn't protest, it is criminal behavior. Attempting to blame that behavior on the fact Trump said something is disinformation at its finest, reeks of hubris, yet is standard fare for the liberal left. Violate the law, engage in criminal behavior, and then wail it is someone else's fault.

This is the OWS mentality on display again. This is Ferguson and Baltimore taken to whatever town Trump happens to be in. And the official position of the majority of the liberal/Democrat crowd is and will be to stand on the sidelines while the activist engage in and promote violence against anyone who dares try and stand up to them all while shouting they are not to blame.

I don't care if Trump said someone should be punched in the face for an act they committed, for two primary reasons. Sometimes people can commit acts for which they deserve to be punched in the face. Or arrested and sent to jail. Or sent to prison. Or to have a group of special operators pay you a visit in the middle of the night. Second pointing out the idiotic behavior of some idiot activist does not constitute justification for another group of idiots to rampage through the streets, and only a disingenuous liar or a low information lemming would believe it was.

Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Where did I say it was legal?
Semantics. You said it was OK to block a road in protest. No, it's not. Obviously.

Always pick someone to fall on their sword...
I'd say when someone works with Christie that's part of the job description. He was going to throw his hat in the presidential race. The last thing he needed was the weight of Bridge Gate to follow him on the campaign trail. Especially since at least one person died because of that absurd tantrum that led to blocking certain lanes to access the bridge.
Sorta reflects back on the idea that blocking a public road is OK.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Complete and absolute rubbish. And you have the gall to call someone else low information. .

I called them low information voters, not low information. Try to understand what I am saying instead of misunderstanding.

Low information voters, also known as LIVs or misinformation voters, are people who may vote, but who are generally poorly informed about politics. The phrase is mainly used in the United States, and has become popular since the mid-1990s.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_information_voter

I certainly did not make this up, I got it from Ted Cruz....

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...z-trump-supporters-are-low-information-voters

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...the_revenge_of_the_lowinformation_voters.html

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Semantics. You said it was OK to block a road in protest. No, it's not. Obviously.
It is okay to block the road, that's why it's called civil disobedience. Being legal doesn't mean that something is okay, that logic is just silly.

I'd say when someone works with Christie that's part of the job description. He was going to throw his hat in the presidential race. The last thing he needed was the weight of Bridge Gate to follow him on the campaign trail.
The weight of the bridge is the least of Christie's problems. I'm sorry, it was too easy. :)

Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is okay to block the road, that's why it's called civil disobedience.
By definition what these protesters did , blocking a public highway, and why, their motive, is not civil disobedience. These protesters aren't going to change the laws that define a Democratic Republic.

Being legal doesn't mean that something is okay, that logic is just silly.
^_^ That last part is ridiculous. If you wrote it with a straight face that's sad.

The weight of the bridge is the least of Christie's problems. I'm sorry, it was too easy. :)
A man lost his life when he didn't have to had the ambulance he was in been able to proceed in a lane of travel that was unlawfully closed. I don't think that's funny.
Christie's weight isn't relevant either. The burden of a man having died due to his, and I agree he ordered the closure of the bridge lanes and asked a patsy to take the heat/fall for it, is on Christie's shoulders. Unfortunately, the kind of man he isn't, I don't think he cares. Or has even considered that loss of life due to his commands as governor of NJ.
Thank God he won't be our president. Can you imagine his pout-reprisal if he was leader of the entire country and wanted payback on someone? Be they domestic or foreign?

God forbid. And he did! Christie never had a chance at highest office. Praise God. :clap:

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
By definition what these protesters did , blocking a public highway, and why, their motive, is not civil disobedience. These protesters aren't going to change the laws that define a Democratic Republic.
Civil disobedience is nothing more than peacefully resisting a government or authority, protesting a specific law is not a requirement. As I said, civil disobedience is a contract, you break the law, you get arrested. You aren't immoral for participating in a protest.

^_^ That last part is ridiculous. If you wrote it with a straight face that's sad.
People consider abortion immoral, it is legal. People consider the death penalty immoral, it is legal in many states. Legal != Moral

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You simply can't have it both ways. He can't be said to be a victim of these bad liberal, college students while at the same time running a theme that they are actually helping him gain support through their actions.
Of course you can. Group A dislikes the tactics used by Group Z. Politician T is being protested by group Z using the tactics group A dislikes. Group A now has a more favorable opinion of Politician T.

I see your point but I just don't see Trump as a victim in this at all. I know you're not saying he's being attacked personally in the same way a rape victim is, but I just don't see him as any kind of victim at all. He's a rich guy on his way to the White House. What does he have to feel victimized about? And if he does, I'm sorry I don't feel bad for him.
I dunno... the death threats? The threats being sent to his family... you know.. those things. And I know you don't care, it's become clear that you see criminal behavior as a viable recourse against speech you dislike.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

I saw this on facebook. Interesting.
This video was posted in another thread. It's a conservative saying Donald Trump rallies are the greatest and everyone loves everybody while protesters are the opposite. Are we supposed to trust his word simply because he's African American? What makes this video anymore interesting than the people that show videos of Trump supporters being violent toward protesters? I'm pretty sure most rallies are peaceful, but we've seen more than enough that show otherwise.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This video was posted in another thread. It's a conservative saying Donald Trump rallies are the greatest and everyone loves everybody while protesters are the opposite. Are we supposed to trust his word simply because he's African American? What makes this video anymore interesting than the people that show videos of Trump supporters being violent toward protesters? I'm pretty sure most rallies are peaceful, but we've seen more than enough that show otherwise.

I didn't see it on the other thread. I don't keep up on all of them. I happen to see it on facebook, and I'm not sure where you get the impression that he is a conservative that says Trump is all great, etc.

My kids went to the Chicago Rally, and said about the same thing this guy said. They aren't conservative, and aren't all Trump is great either. What they didn't report was how nuts the protesters were. The guy above is saying pretty much the same thing.

Why are you getting so defensive? I don't understand why the media and everyone else wants to minimize one aspect, and hammer another. Most Anti-Trump people I know don't go crazy like they tend to do at the rallies.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I didn't see it on the other thread. I don't keep up on all of them. I happen to see it on facebook, and I'm not sure where you get the impression that he is a conservative that says Trump is all great, etc.

If you would have bothered to read through his Facebook page, you would have discovered the guy was a huge Carson fan....

He is a conservative God loving Christian.

Regarding Trump. He posted one of Trumps speeches, and said "All I can say is wow!"

Huge Trump fan....

Reactions: SummerMadness
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
It's a conservative saying Donald Trump rallies are the greatest and everyone loves everybody while protesters are the opposite.
Indeed.

That is like posting that Sean Hannity says Obama supporters are bad people, so somehow we should take him at his word....

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

My kids went to the Chicago Rally, and said about the same thing this guy said. They aren't conservative, and aren't all Trump is great either. What they didn't report was how nuts the protesters were. The guy above is saying pretty much the same thing.

Why are you getting so defensive? I don't understand why the media and everyone else wants to minimize one aspect, and hammer another. Most Anti-Trump people I know don't go crazy like they tend to do at the rallies.
As JustOneWay pointed out, his Facebook page make it obvious that he's a conservative.

The problem with these anecdotal stories about how Trump rallies are lovefests is that they ignore the reality:
Trump protester sucker-punched by Trump supporter in brutal video of Arizona rally

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If you would have bothered to read through his Facebook page, you would have discovered the guy was a huge Carson fan....

He is a conservative God loving Christian.

Regarding Trump. He posted one of Trumps speeches, and said "All I can say is wow!"

Huge Trump fan....

I wasn't on his facebook page, so how can I bother? The video was on someone's wall.

So, what you are saying is because he is a Carson fan he can't be trusted. On top of that, the protestors behavior shouldn't an issue.

Okay then.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As JustOneWay pointed out, his Facebook page make it obvious that he's a conservative.

The problem with these anecdotal stories about how Trump rallies are lovefests is that they ignore the reality:
Trump protester sucker-punched by Trump supporter in brutal video of Arizona rally

I don't like that kind of behavior either. Yet, you have a couple in a 10,000 people that are a bit nuts. Okay.

So that pretty much says the protesters can act the way they do? From what the kids said, and what this man said...they were quite vicious. Why do we encourage behavior like that on either side?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟183,670.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't on his facebook page, so how can I bother? The video was on someone's wall.

So, what you are saying is because he is a Carson fan he can't be trusted. On top of that, the protestors behavior shouldn't an issue.

Okay then.

I know you did not bother. That is why I took the time to research for the discussion.

I never said anything about the guy not being trusted. Those are your words you are trying to shove in my mouth.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic

Okay then.
No, the problem is not saying he is not trustworthy (albeit he ignores reality), but he is posted across Facebook and YouTube simply because he's African American. African American conservatives are often propped up because they hold views that are not held by most African Americans. Then they are billed as "interesting," "enlightening," "a breath of fresh air," etc. The thing is, they are none of those things, they simply reflect the same tired conservative arguments everyone's heard before.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0