Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Indeed. The post below is a fine example of not understanding that simple concept, then blaming whatever it is on 'progressives'....

That's because most of us learned the lesson of the "boy who cried wolf" when we were children.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Sarcasm is kind of an art isn't it?
Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I feel bad for pro-temp people, because they really don't understand what they are going to get from him.

Not that you do, unless you are claiming some ability at prognostication.

In which case.. there's a lottery coming up soon....

Upvote 0

One Voice Among Many1

Nov 16, 2015
✟20,953.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Progressives think everyone who disagrees with them is motivated by "hate". Its a meaningless term at this point.

Ha! That is laughable, considering how many times I have been accused of hate by many conservatives since I first joined this Christian site.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
Near Pittsburgh, which is NOT in Scotland!
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Just more images and video that will show up in Trump for President campaign commercials.

The opposition has not yet learned that Trump is NOT playing their game. The other Republican candidates didn't learn that to their downfall.

Kind of like the US experience in Vietnam. The Viet Cong were not playing our game. Everybody knows how that ended.

Upvote 0

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
There is nothing wrong with peacefully blocking a road in protest. Just be ready to be arrested, that's the social contract you make with civil disobedience. The police referring to people driving into oncoming traffic, you either ticket people or divert traffic to maintain order, simple.

And people complaining about traffic backup and safety, might want to talk to Chris Christie about closing a bridge to retaliate against a city for not supporting him during an election.

Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Local story a while back. Dude tried twice in a month to commit suicide from a bridge...that's about 30 feet tall. Blocked up traffic for miles and hours both times. But on the second attempt, a dude died because he didn't stop in time.

And just to block access to a political rally. No, not justified. Get a vehicle moving at them slowly and let the decide for themselves how far they wish to take these types of stunts.
Better yet, fasten the protesters who are blocking the public highway to a vehicle, and SLOWLY drag them off the road. This way nobody has to get hurt.

However, the police did their job and as far as i am aware nobody was mistreated. It is just more campaign fodder for Trump in the General election.

Upvote 0

PsychoeDial

God Return To And Bless America
Mar 10, 2016
Tokyo
✟11,034.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is nothing wrong with peacefully blocking a road in protest. Just be ready to be arrested, that's the social contract you make with civil disobedience. The police referring to people driving into oncoming traffic, you either ticket people or divert traffic to maintain order, simple.
No, it's illegal. That's why these protesters that blocked a public road were arrested.
http://blogs.findlaw.com/law_and_life/2014/08/is-it-illegal-to-block-traffic.html

And people complaining about traffic backup and safety, might want to talk to Chris Christie about closing a bridge to retaliate against a city for not supporting him during an election.
Actually they'd need to talk to the one responsible. Bridget Anne Kelly , deputy chief of staff. Now former deputy chief of staff , because Christie fired her.

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, yes, yes, it's all the big bad Trumps fault. These morons have no actual responsibility for their own actions, no. They are just fools dancing to Trumps tune....

Apparently when Trump speaks progressives lose all agency and become morons.

Sorry but no. Despite what Trump may have said, these protestors are completely and totally responsible for their own actions.

To say, "TRUMP MADE EM DO IT!" is just victim blaming. So despite your pontificating, you are happily standing on the side of the people who wonder why a rape victim was out too late, why she was wearing what she was wearing and why she was out alone.

Instead of looking at the ugliness of progressives you seek to deflect it onto the person who in this case is the victim.
It's funny that in a number of threads here people have indicated that if you go to a Trump rally with an anti Trump sign, or shout anti Trump comments, you deserve to be assaulted. At the time I thought that was similar to blaming a rape victim because of they were dressed or the club they visited. People have the right to speak their minds without fear of physical assault.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, yes, yes, it's all the big bad Trumps fault. These morons have no actual responsibility for their own actions, no. They are just fools dancing to Trumps tune....

Apparently when Trump speaks progressives lose all agency and become morons.

Sorry but no. Despite what Trump may have said, these protestors are completely and totally responsible for their own actions.

To say, "TRUMP MADE EM DO IT!" is just victim blaming. So despite your pontificating, you are happily standing on the side of the people who wonder why a rape victim was out too late, why she was wearing what she was wearing and why she was out alone.

Instead of looking at the ugliness of progressives you seek to deflect it onto the person who in this case is the victim.
i thank God for being able to be a member of a political party that believes in rational discourse and PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. It's nice to not have to make excuses.

Reactions: TerranceL
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I feel bad for pro-temp people, because they really don't understand what they are going to get from him.
I don't see how it could be plainer than when he said he'd execute innocent people if they happen to be family members of terrorists, or when he said he'd bring back torture.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's funny that in a number of threads here people have indicated that if you go to a Trump rally with an anti Trump sign, or shout anti Trump comments, you deserve to be assaulted. At the time I thought that was similar to blaming a rape victim because of they were dressed or the club they visited. People have the right to speak their minds without fear of physical assault.
You know what's really funny? Watching them make the claim that these protesters are hurting themselves and helping Trump when they pull these stunts then, at the same time you have others comparing Trump to a rape victim.

Well which it is? Is he a victim or is he being helped by this?

Upvote 0

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't see how it could be plainer than when he said he'd execute innocent people if they happen to be family members of terrorists, or when he said he'd bring back torture.
...She said whilst conveniently forgetting the past and musings of certain "liberal" legal icons...

i guess it depends on whose 'oxe is getting gored'.

Before you get defensive, relax. i don't condone torture at all. My reason is mostly the American Exceptionalism that most 'progressives' despise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Calvinist Dark Lord

Apr 8, 2003
✟27,806.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You know what's really funny? Watching them make the claim that these protesters are hurting themselves and helping Trump when they pull these stunts then, at the same time you have others comparing Trump to a rape victim.

i don't see how you get the idea that the two options are mutually exclusive. Think back on the multitude of persons who have successfully played the 'victim card' over just the past decade.

Upvote 0

Sistrin

We are such stuff as dreams are made on...
Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2012
Location Location Location
✟197,980.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
TUCSON COP: I Felt Safe with Trump Supporters, but Protesters Were Profane, Dangerous (VIDEO)

Brandon Tatum, an officer in the Tucson Police Department, shared a video Saturday night giving his perspective on Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Tucson, Arizona — and the disruptive protesters who hurled obscenities at the Republican candidate.

Tatum says that as a black man, he did not feel unsafe around Trump’s supporters but was ready to fight protesters in self-defense. He calls them the most hateful, evil people he has ever seen. The demonstrators, who he recalls chanting the phrase “Black lives matter,” used profane language and gestures, leading a mother to cover her child’s ears.

Capture-7.jpg

Video at source: http://woundedamericanwarrior.com/t...-but-protesters-were-profane-dangerous-video/

Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
...She said whilst conveniently forgetting the past and musings of certain "liberal" legal icons...

i guess it depends on whose 'oxe is getting gored'.

Before you get defensive, relax. i don't condone torture at all. My reason is mostly the American Exceptionalism that most 'progressives' despise.
Why would you assume I'd support torture if a liberal suggested it. There are some things in my opinion that are just wrong...killing innocent people and torturing people. If a presidential candidate supports things like torture, I don't think we should vote them into office.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

You're right it's the exact same thing. Nobody whose being non-violent deserves to be hurt.

Upvote 0

TerranceL

Jul 3, 2009
✟105,808.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

You act as if the two are mutually exclusive. And I know your smarter than that, I wasn't actually saying he was like a rape victim, just that people were blaming the victim.

What you don't get is that there are people who are tired of being shouted down. Who for the past few years has watched moronic protests like this and loathed those people.

Those folks? They see this happening to trump and wonder if he's doing something right.

The enemy of my enemy thing.

Upvote 0