Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Has nothing to do with you being right. I just don't see the point in responding further to completely dismissive posts. You've already attacked my character without providing the requested evidence and you disregard anything that disagrees with you. I am done trying to have anything resembling a conversation with you.
now now now...be careful what you accuse me of which I said nothing at all about your character, only the character of your responses. Also notice that I objected to people trying to force us to change the meaning of words, you were given man and woman as examples and your only response was that there were multiple definitions for man and woman but failed to give any all the while trying to demand that it is only respectful to change the definitions with a transgender person, but proving my point by refusing to address the valid point being made. Finally, I disregard nothing. You were told that it is offensive to demand that the english lang. be changed to accommodate any group. The example given was how we are being told we have to change the meaning of words like man and woman. Your response was offering definitions of other words into the debate then slandering me by accusing my argument of being dismissive and slanderous of you. i simply asked you to address the point being made with evidence to defend your claim that man and woman have multiple meanings other than that which is commonly understood by society. You failed to do that, thus resorted to slander and false accusations of me, which testifies to your character, a character I do not have to talk about in order for it to be obvious to those following the discussion. When you refuse to address the points made, then attack my character for lacking the ability to address the issue, you yourself have slandered your character, I didn't need to do anything but defend my point as I did with dictionary entries.

Have a great day and weekend, it's a beautiful day temp. wise here, hope it is where you live as well. Maybe you can get outside and enjoy the day as you think about what I have said here.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Have a great day and weekend, it's a beautiful day temp. wise here, hope it is where you live as well. Maybe you can get outside and enjoy the day as you think about what I have said here.

Don't worry, I'll be relaxing. I hope you will too

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
"Trans apologetics"? Is that really a thing on here, now?
Why shouldn't it be?

images

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Don't worry, I'll be relaxing. I hope you will too
worry, that is an odd thing to say, as if I would worry about whether you will be able to get out and enjoy the weather while contemplating how you condemned yourself. Why would I worry over such a thing? Hope you get to sure, but worry? I don't get why I should or would worry about something like that? Care to clarify?

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
worry, that is an odd thing to say, as if I would worry about whether you will be able to get out and enjoy the weather while contemplating how you condemned yourself. Why would I worry over such a thing? Hope you get to sure, but worry? I don't get why I should or would worry about something like that? Care to clarify?

Hyperbole much?

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hyperbole much?
?????? it is hyperbole to ask what a poster meant when saying don't worry????? I checked the definition of hyperbole just to make sure I didn't miss a definition it could mean and I still don't see how asking a poster what their intent was is hyperbole, but then again, this part of the discussion was about not changing word meanings, so you will have to redefine the word for me if you expect me to understand your comments and how they relate to me asking for clarification from someone who insists on redefining words and tries to bully others into conforming to the new word meanings.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Men are men and women are women despite what liberal propaganda is teaching.
Shockingly, not all conservatives are cis and heterosexual. Take Caitlyn Jenner, for example. It's funny how biology doesn't care about one's political beliefs. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

It's an expression. Nothing more.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It's an expression. Nothing more.
thanks for clarifying with as much as people are trying to force the general public to change word meanings one can never be sure anymore. In fact, this constant changing of definitions of word meanings has reduced social communication to meaningless false accusations of one another and other belittling attacks simply because we have abandoned real communication where words have specific meanings and context is important.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
worry, that is an odd thing to say, as if I would worry about whether you will be able to get out and enjoy the weather while contemplating how you condemned yourself. Why would I worry over such a thing?
It was a reasonable response to "Maybe you can get outside and enjoy the day as you think about what I have said here," which is a very odd thing to say. As if you're in a position of moral authority over anyone here.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It was a reasonable response to "Maybe you can get outside and enjoy the day as you think about what I have said here," which is a very odd thing to say. As if you're in a position of moral authority over anyone here.
wow, you read into that some "moral authority" remind me to never greet you with "have a great day" I wouldn't want you to become offended with my "moral authority"....geesh...this is what our society has come to...unbelievable...

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
wow, you read into that some "moral authority" remind me to never greet you with "have a great day" I wouldn't want you to become offended with my "moral authority"....geesh...this is what our society has come to...unbelievable...
This is a red herring on a level that I can't even fathom. I do apologize if I misinterpreted your intentions, but that's generally what the phrase "And while you do that, you can think about what I've said" (or some variant of it) means, as you can perhaps tell by the fact that both Cute Tink and I took it in that way. Just a misunderstanding, then. No need for dramatics.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Don't worry. Be happy.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
This is a red herring on a level that I can't even fathom. I do apologize if I misinterpreted your intentions, but that's generally what the phrase "And while you do that, you can think about what I've said" (or some variant of it) means, as you can perhaps tell by the fact that both Cute Tink and I took it in that way. Just a misunderstanding, then. No need for dramatics.
meaning, you need to step back and think about what was said before jumping to conclusions that are not valid...you know, like you are now doing.

The poster in question repeatedly misrepresented what was being said and otherwise twisted it into things that were never even suggested. Taking time to step back and think about what was said before responding was not only called for, but was offered in love and care so that things did not get out of control like they have in the past with this poster. This poster is famous for reading all posts on this topic through the eyes of emotion rather than the eyes of what is being said and therefore, it is not "moral authority" nor "dramatics" to ask this poster to step back and think about what was said before going on some tangent that does not apply to the discussion at hand.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟332,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If a man want to live a lie and pretend he is a woman is one thing but trying to force everyone to believe in his lie is completely another.

In the new report everyone is putting on an act (the reporter has to put on their best face) but one who is trying to act like a woman is a terrible actor. The first thing I notice is his fake voice. No doubt some are a better at acting but when they are trying to influence children to accept their lie I believe it's my duty as a Christian to stand up against it.
Well at least now days transgender teens can take hormones to help with the voice. Also Caitlyn is old enough to know how she feel. It totally up to her to dress how she feel. This is not really anyone problem, but hers.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well at least now days transgender teens can take hormones to help with the voice. Also Caitlyn is old enough to know how she feel. It totally up to her to dress how she feel. This is not really anyone problem, but hers.

If a trans girl is able to skip male puberty via hormone blockers and later start estrogen, her voice will never be deepened by testosterone, so Smidlee's ability (that he seems rather proud of) to detect the tRanZ by way of voice will completely fail. Since that girl would never be put through male puberty, then he would be unable to depend on any of the tells he expects to see - no adam's apple, no deep voice, no facial hair, no masculine body structure, etc.

What he seems to be missing about all the things he thinks will reveal a trans person to him have nothing to do with "being male", but purely the result of testosterone in a person's system at puberty.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
meaning, you need to step back and think about what was said before jumping to conclusions that are not valid...you know, like you are now doing.
You seem to be interested in dragging this on and turning it into way more than it is. It was a simple misunderstanding. I explained the source of confusion. We noticed a potential cultural connotation in your wording that was not intended by you, which involves a good amount of thinking in my book, so that's certainly not the problem here. I apologized, though I'm wondering if I should be, since you seem to be confirming our interpretation with your continued condescension. Perhaps you should worry about yourself instead of telling us to look at how we're coming across.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
You seem to be interested in dragging this on and turning it into way more than it is. It was a simple misunderstanding. I explained the source of confusion. We noticed a potential cultural connotation in your wording that was not intended by you, which involves a good amount of thinking in my book, so that's certainly not the problem here. I apologized, though I'm wondering if I should be, since you seem to be confirming our interpretation with your continued condescension. Perhaps you should worry about yourself instead of telling us to look at how we're coming across.
I could say the same of you....

Upvote 0