So is America great again yet?
Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You are trying to be something you are not. Pride is common sin that blind people of their own sin.
Why are you so insistent that what determines what someone is is what's in their pants, not what's in their heads?

Maybe let's try something else *sigh* Imagine, if you will, being in a terrible car accident that kills your body. Medical technology being wonderful, the excellent doctors manage to extract your brain an put in a conveniently to hand doner body. The donor body, however, is female. It's the same brain you've always had. You feel exactly the same you as the "you" you are now. Now, answer the simple question, are you male or female?

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
*SMH* same question to you, then. What, specifically, has been "redefined" here?
not sure why you would ask me that since I have repeatedly stated what I am offended by when it comes to trying to redefine words, words like man and woman, mistake and sin, righteous and unrighteous, etc. Our current society is so far removed from truth that we insist on people redefining words to accommodate our sensual, sinful desires, then get offended when someone calls us on it. Marriage has been redefined, murder, etc. etc. etc. and redefining words, is truly offensive in my opinion, not just a feigned offensive so that I can gain political ground.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
not sure why you would ask me that since I have repeatedly stated what I am offended by when it comes to trying to redefine words, words like man and woman, mistake and sin, righteous and unrighteous, etc. Our current society is so far removed from truth that we insist on people redefining words to accommodate our sensual, sinful desires, then get offended when someone calls us on it. Marriage has been redefined, murder, etc. etc. etc. and redefining words, is truly offensive in my opinion, not just a feigned offensive so that I can gain political ground.
I'll take that as an admission you can't actually point to anything that's been redefined. You could have just said that.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
...and how does that address the question?
who we are, that is the core of our being, who we are when we strip away everything else, is neither male nor female, we know this from society as well as scripture. For example, society (for the moment remove scripture) teaches that we should look at the heart not the outer appearance. We hear people all the time testify to looking in the mirror and seeing someone different than they "feel" inside. For example, the anorexic "feels" fat even when they look in the mirror and see skin and bones. The old person feels young still, but the mirror tells them this is not the case. The list goes on and on and society recognizes this discrepancy by teaching that the outward appearance isn't always the truth of who we are inside. Now, the transgender can argue (notice I am playing devils advocate here for a reason) that that is what they are experiencing, that the inner doesn't align with the outer, but what I am telling you is that that is a backwards way of seeing this truth revealed in the transgenders life. Instead of saying, I don't feel the sex I was born, the transgender needs to look at who they are when all those outward signs are stripped away and see who they are without gender, without age, without weight because all those things are external and not internal at all. You see, you are not the sum total of what your body looks like or feels like, rather you are the sum total of who you are despite what your body tells you you are. In fact, unless or until we understand this concept, we can and often do harm our bodies to try to achieve our idea of perfection, when true perfection is within, not without.

Upvote 0

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
who we are, that is the core of our being, who we are when we strip away everything else, is neither male nor female, we know this from society as well as scripture. For example, society (for the moment remove scripture) teaches that we should look at the heart not the outer appearance. We hear people all the time testify to looking in the mirror and seeing someone different than they "feel" inside. For example, the anorexic "feels" fat even when they look in the mirror and see skin and bones. The old person feels young still, but the mirror tells them this is not the case. The list goes on and on and society recognizes this discrepancy by teaching that the outward appearance isn't always the truth of who we are inside. Now, the transgender can argue (notice I am playing devils advocate here for a reason) that that is what they are experiencing, that the inner doesn't align with the outer, but what I am telling you is that that is a backwards way of seeing this truth revealed in the transgenders life. Instead of saying, I don't feel the sex I was born, the transgender needs to look at who they are when all those outward signs are stripped away and see who they are without gender, without age, without weight because all those things are external and not internal at all. You see, you are not the sum total of what your body looks like or feels like, rather you are the sum total of who you are despite what your body tells you you are. In fact, unless or until we understand this concept, we can and often do harm our bodies to try to achieve our idea of perfection, when true perfection is within, not without.
All sounds good. But if true, still unsure why you're so hung up on what someone has in their pants. Sounds like it should he a non issue.

Upvote 0

Maren

Veteran
Oct 20, 2007
✟57,368.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Because God is the God of law and order. God doesn't like hypocrisy ... pretending to be something you are not.

Except that isn't hypocrisy. To go to the dictionary: ": the behavior of people who do things that they tell other people not to do : behavior that does not agree with what someone claims to believe or feel"

Christ called out the Pharisees because they were committing the sins that they condemned others for committing. Being transsexual has nothing to do with hypocrisy. If anything, not having an issue with people who receive plastic surgery because they don't like parts of their bodies (large nose, small breasts, etc.) but criticizing transsexuals for surgery would seem to be somewhat hypocritical.

Gender Dysphoria is just a make-up word to avoid calling it sin... rebellion against God. It's same when people tries to justify murdering babies (shedding innocent blood) in the womb by called it a fetus which means child in Latin.

We live in a society that totally deny man is a sinner and will call man's sin everything in the book but sin.

Except exactly what sin is Gender Disphoria? People keep asking this and no one seems to be able to give an exact sin.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
But that wasn't the question. The question was "explain what is sinful about being gender dysphoric" want a discussion? Answer the question you were asked, not some imaginary question you wish you were asked.
I have been doing a lot of research into this question and though it was not directed at me, let me offer my understanding here.

Scientifically, when a baby in in the womb developing, a chemical change occurs in the brain when the male genitals are developing. This means that it is possible for something to go wrong when the chemicals being released are developing gender in the fetus.

Now, take that to the biblical understanding of man, an understanding that is only in opposition to the world understanding when it is to our advantage to change it to justify our sins. According to scripture, man has 3 parts, the body, the soul, and the spirit. The soul and spirit are very closely connected, so close in fact that it is very hard to separate. The body, is the flesh, it is dust, perishable, however you want to view it. Like above, it is an outward appearance only, a home for the soul/spirit. The soul/spirit is eternal, lasting and is where the essence of a man resides. It is the soul/spirit that makes a person who they are.

When it comes to the transgender person, it translates into this. The soul/spirit is neither male or female. Thus when we lack contentment with who we are, it is sin. When we allow our flesh to dictate who we are, or who we are not, it is sin. When we allow the pleasures of the flesh to draw us into sensual pleasures that are not in line with righteousness, it is sin (think here about some of the sexual things as well as a few others but sexual is the easiest to see) When we doubt the wisdom and grace of God to create us as He sees fit, for HIs purpose, it is sin. You see, there are lots and lots of ways that the transgender person can and usually does sin. But that is no different from everyone else in the world. It is possible to have gender dysphoria and not sin, just like it is possible to be homosexual and not sin, but it is very difficult and very rare because we are a people who excel at justifying our sins.

Now, we aren't done, as most people will tell you, it is not a simple matter. We still have the issue of the brain and the body being out of sink. This is a very different matter and given that it is a chemical issue, easy to understand how and why it could happen. The first thing to understand is that this would be unbelievably rare, in fact, so rare as to not require a "movement" to gain rights. Secondly, the correction is not necessarily (notice I did not say absolutely but not likely to be) transition of flesh, but rather renewal of our minds in Christ, just like scripture tells us to do. You see, we can and are told in scripture to control our thoughts and desires. This self control is so seldom taught anymore that it has become scary. So before we even begin to talk about transitioning the flesh, we need to 1. learn contentment and understanding that we are not the gender our flesh dictates and 2. we need to learn to have self control with renewal of thoughts and desires in the power of the Living God.

If after all that, there is still a problem, it would be such an anomaly that we would have to look at chemical imbalances (of all kinds not just male and female hormones) study the brain changes and work within that etc. before considering changing the flesh in ways we cannot really change the flesh only pretend that we can.

So, yes, the transgender can be without sin, but only in the power of the HS, only in denial of the sensual pleasures others take for granted. Just like everyone else in the world.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'll take that as an admission you can't actually point to anything that's been redefined. You could have just said that.
wow, I specify several words that we have redefined and this is your response...I'll take that as your admission that you are wrong and too ashamed of being wrong to address the postl.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
All sounds good. But if true, still unsure why you're so hung up on what someone has in their pants. Sounds like it should he a non issue.
question 1. What makes you think I am hung up on what is in someones pants? Question 2. What are you even talking about? The OP is asking the question about transgender sexuality as such, it is important to understand something about the sexual organs involved, it's just how that discussion works. geesh.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why are you so insistent that what determines what someone is is what's in their pants, not what's in their heads?

Maybe let's try something else *sigh* Imagine, if you will, being in a terrible car accident that kills your body. Medical technology being wonderful, the excellent doctors manage to extract your brain an put in a conveniently to hand doner body. The donor body, however, is female. It's the same brain you've always had. You feel exactly the same you as the "you" you are now. Now, answer the simple question, are you male or female?
Wait a moment, the brain is part of the body, here you want to separate them, why? What do you gain? And while we are paused waiting for you to find the bravery to try to answer these questions, why do you keep asking about why people are concerned with what is in someones pants when that is the pivotal point of this thread?

Reactions: Mayzoo
Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
wow, you are so determined to pretend you are right on this that you don't even respond to what I said and think that is wise?! How sad. again, your trying to hard to prove something you can't, since the definitions in question were male and female, not all these other things you are bringing into the discussion like they were what was in question. You see, we are talking about common society terms in this part of this discussion, yet you pretend that that isn't what the discussion is about. You claimed that the word male had multiple meanings, but fail to even present one, much less multiple. The same is true for female, in fact, you instead purpose to change the topic and pretend I am the one who is wrong on this matter. It's really kind of funny how hard you are trying to pretend you are right when you have clearly shown yourself to be wrong.

Lol. I see no point in trying to discuss with you further when this is the response I get.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Often I can tell when people is trying to act like someone they are not.

You are trying to be something you are not. Pride is common sin that blind people of their own sin.

Often it's very easily to spot a man trying to act and talk like a woman.

Speaking of pride...

Upvote 0

Smidlee

Veteran
May 21, 2004
NC, USA
✟21,162.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Who died and left you "arbiter who knows people better than they do"?
If a man want to live a lie and pretend he is a woman is one thing but trying to force everyone to believe in his lie is completely another.

In the new report everyone is putting on an act (the reporter has to put on their best face) but one who is trying to act like a woman is a terrible actor. The first thing I notice is his fake voice. No doubt some are a better at acting but when they are trying to influence children to accept their lie I believe it's my duty as a Christian to stand up against it.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Armoured

Site Supporter
Aug 31, 2013
✟234,967.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
wow, I specify several words that we have redefined and this is your response...I'll take that as your admission that you are wrong and too ashamed of being wrong to address the postl.
Um, none of the words you cited had anything to do with transgenderism. Feel free to try again.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well- pregnancy sometimes happens when you have eggs and a uterus and proceed to have vaginal sex with someone that has a working penis and sperm. I'm more concerned that the story seems to indicate the individual's shock at this turn of events.

Reactions: razzelflabben
Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lol. I see no point in trying to discuss with you further when this is the response I get.
I will take that as an admission that you were wrong and I was right since you still have not addressed the issue I brought up about redefining words, and the words I refuse to redefine.

Upvote 0

razzelflabben

Contributor
Nov 8, 2003
Ohio
✟122,293.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Um, none of the words you cited had anything to do with transgenderism. Feel free to try again.
wow!!!! All of them did...but hey, if we can pretend that men are women and women are men, we can pretend that word meanings like man and woman have no definate meaning.

See, personally I was going to avoid the pretending argument but with this response, you have evidenced just how easily the transgender community can dismiss anything they way by pretending it is something else. It's also called being deceived and where none of us can demand that you or anyone else face reality, we certainly can refuse to redefine words to accommodate your delusions and denials. Since that was my point and you refuse to accept the truth of what I said, you just evidence more delusion and less reality than I was willing to come here to argue. Thanks for changing my mind on that matter and convincing me that it is more pretending and delusion than I had originally thought.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I will take that as an admission that you were wrong and I was right since you still have not addressed the issue I brought up about redefining words, and the words I refuse to redefine.

Has nothing to do with you being right. I just don't see the point in responding further to completely dismissive posts. You've already attacked my character without providing the requested evidence and you disregard anything that disagrees with you. I am done trying to have anything resembling a conversation with you.

Upvote 0