• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Toughest Decision Of My Life

prince didymus

Prince of Destiny
Jul 19, 2003
Nassau, Bahamas
Visit site
✟8,211.00
Faith
Anglican
I agree Iddie4him. He came here to share his feelings about a struggle he's experiencing in his life currently and to receive some compassion. Not to receive the old "being gay is wrong" essay.
dry.gif

Upvote 0
I

Iddie4him

Whitehorse,

While I can understand your concerns about the possibility of closing the thread, I simply stated that Jacob came here asking for support. I believe that there is a BIG difference between loving another man and having sex with him. Jacob hasn't crossed that line and doesn't need anymore flack from us that comdemn that lifestyle. If we could just give him that support as brothers and sisters in christ, Then we can help him thru this difficult time. If not, then you have a choice whether to post or not.

Jacob,

I hope that steven is doing better and will be out of the hospital soon and on his way to a speedy recovery.

Upvote 0

Jacob4Jesus

Dork For Jesus and Proud of It
Sep 18, 2003
Wauconda, IL
✟3,922.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks, Iddie4him, I appreciate it. I saw Steven the other day. He is still pretty incoherent, but he did say 'Jacob' at one point. :) Hopefully he's getting better. I will be seeing him this Friday too. Hopefully more progress will be made.

Prayers

Jacob

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Iddie4him said:
*Iddie4him puts mod hat on for a minute to make a point.

I believe Jacob came here asking for some compassion, Not condemnation for his admitted love for another human being. I suggest that we stay on topic and not on chastising him for what we feel isn't a normal lifestyle. I will close this thread if I have to.
Sorry boss, didn't mean to ruin things by bringing up the Bible's stance on homosexuality. For some odd reason I thought it might apply on a Christian Forum.

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
Jacob,

Give yourself some distance and some time. If you love Steven and he loves you then he will need you again as he heals. Once the major physical traumas heal and are behind him, his mind will naturally turn to the emotional / spiritual traumas of his life.

If you love him, you will need to prepare so that you can support him (even if only from a distance) as he explores who he is post-accident. But, please, do not cut yourself off from the possibility of this relationship, God may yet have more to say to you in the person of your beloved Steven.

May the Wise Lord bless you both in your pain and in your struggles and may He guide you!

Kiwimac

Upvote 0

kiwimac

Bishop of the See of Aotearoa ROCCNZ;Theologian
Site Supporter
May 14, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
✟592,518.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Utrecht
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
desi said:
Sorry boss, didn't mean to ruin things by bringing up the Bible's stance on homosexuality. For some odd reason I thought it might apply on a Christian Forum.
The Bible says an awful lot about judging someone else's heart and their walk with God and nothing about homosexuality as we understand it today.

More to the point Jacob came seeking compassion for a difficult decision, one that not only hurt him but would hurt others too, he needs neither condemnation nor scriptures to be hurled in his face.

Kiwimac

Upvote 0

desi

Aug 20, 2003
La Vista
✟4,540.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
kiwimac said:
The Bible says an awful lot about judging someone else's heart and their walk with God and nothing about homosexuality as we understand it today.

More to the point Jacob came seeking compassion for a difficult decision, one that not only hurt him but would hurt others too, he needs neither condemnation nor scriptures to be hurled in his face.

Kiwimac
You seem to think homosexuality is different today than it was long ago, I don't get it. Did God tell you he changed his mind about it? Is murder different today too? I'm starting to think I care more for Jacob than some of the others here as I'm one of the few concerned how this will affect his eternal spiritual life instead of how he feels this month. We can all make him feel better today by telling him everything will be okay and noone should judge him. How does this ultimately help him if he is not discouraged from pursuing this to its train-wreck of a destination?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums