Goltzy

Dec 26, 2005
Canada
✟494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Others
I want to be able to witness better to people I know and people I may not know. I find myself very knowledgable about things, I would just like a better way of getting it across to people.
How do you go about it?
Is there a plan you set forth? Or do you just go on a whim?

Please, I would like some help from those who are serious about saving lost souls.

God bless.

L.

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Lucas - a friend of mine was worried about her teenage grandson who was unsaved. So she kept praying for his salvation. The Holy Spirit put it in her heart to help the teens at our church and promised her that he would send someone to help her grandson. So she cooks the Youth dinners at church, cleans up after their phenomenal messes and just makes herself quietly useful. A few weeks before Christmas she got a call from her grandson and someone had witnessed to him and he turned over his life to Jesus! :clap:

This has made a real impression on me. I've not had any success in my family (most are already saved; the unsaved are the inlaws, whom I love as though they are blood). So I'm praying that someone else will witness to them and I'm looking to witness to my friends extended families. I'm also praying for witnesses for my friends and I'm trying to be more active speaking to others. I really need to get out more.

I'm wearing a Messianic symbol on a chain and have found that this is a great ice-breaker.

Other than that, I'm pretty chicken!

My brother-in-law got a shock this summer. A man in the neighborhood with whom he was going to speak about Jesus - died suddenly. Fran feels terrible, as well he should. I hope he uses that guilt to speak to others without hesitation!

Upvote 0

Goltzy

Dec 26, 2005
Canada
✟494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Others
You figured out it was me! ;)
How are you doing, friend? I hope things are well.

BarbB said:
Lucas - a friend of mine was worried about her teenage grandson who was unsaved. So she kept praying for his salvation. The Holy Spirit put it in her heart to help the teens at our church and promised her that he would send someone to help her grandson. So she cooks the Youth dinners at church, cleans up after their phenomenal messes and just makes herself quietly useful. A few weeks before Christmas she got a call from her grandson and someone had witnessed to him and he turned over his life to Jesus!

Thats fantatic! Its stories like that that make me want to get out there and witness more.

BarbB said:
This has made a real impression on me. I've not had any success in my family (most are already saved; the unsaved are the inlaws, whom I love as though they are blood).

Ya, I havent had much success with my family either. I have a large family, and there are few christians among us. Some that claim to believe in God, but dont walk the way Jesus wants them to. I continue to pray for them, but I feel that action may be the only way to get through to them.

BarbB said:
So I'm praying that someone else will witness to them and I'm looking to witness to my friends extended families. I'm also praying for witnesses for my friends and I'm trying to be more active speaking to others. I really need to get out more.

I do need to start praying that someone else witness to them.
We both need to get out more.:)

BarbB said:
I'm wearing a Messianic symbol on a chain and have found that this is a great ice-breaker.

I wear a WWJD bracelet, and it used to be a really good conversation starter, but it hasnt been that way for awhile now.:(

BarbB said:
Other than that, I'm pretty chicken!

Trust in the Lord and He will make you strong! You can do ANYTHING in Him!

BarbB said:
My brother-in-law got a shock this summer. A man in the neighborhood with whom he was going to speak about Jesus - died suddenly. Fran feels terrible, as well he should. I hope he uses that guilt to speak to others without hesitation!

Thats very unfortunate, but hopefully someone got to him before he died.
Its something like that, I can see, that would get me out and witnessing more.

I just want some kind of plan, something that someone else has used that I know will work. I dont want to say the wrong thing and turn someone off of finding God. I fear that the most. But I realize I need to get over this fear and get some work done for the Lord.

God bless, sister.

L.

Upvote 0

BarbB

I stand with my brothers and sisters in Israel!
Aug 6, 2003
NJ summers; FL winters
✟25,548.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Republican
Well, I used Way of the Master with Fran - he's been saved 2 years this Easter. The Jesus loves you stuff didn't work. So I had to go with God's righteousness and Fran had a softened heart (I had just taken him to see The Passion). I have to say that he was in tears within minutes. He's a great Christian man now!

I have had absolutely no success with my husband's sister, though. Her mother, sister and brother have died as Christians and will be in heaven with Fran and me, but she claims to see no reason to believe and doesn't believe in heaven or hell. Pray for her - Charlene!

Upvote 0

Goltzy

Dec 26, 2005
Canada
✟494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Others
BarbB said:
Well, I used Way of the Master with Fran - he's been saved 2 years this Easter. The Jesus loves you stuff didn't work. So I had to go with God's righteousness and Fran had a softened heart (I had just taken him to see The Passion). I have to say that he was in tears within minutes. He's a great Christian man now!

Is Way of the Master expensive?
Who wouldnt cry during the Passion? I was crying like a baby.

BarbB said:
I have had absolutely no success with my husband's sister, though. Her mother, sister and brother have died as Christians and will be in heaven with Fran and me, but she claims to see no reason to believe and doesn't believe in heaven or hell. Pray for her - Charlene!

Keep praying, Barb. She'll come around eventually. Do the two of you have a good relationship?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.