Indiana
✟11,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
never heard of him. *shrug*

WHAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?!?!

he's only the most influential preacher in modern-day America!

seriously?? never even HEARD of him?!? IMHO, he's the greatest preacher today.... but he's EVERYWHERE!!!

desiringgod.org

hit it up

everything he's ever done is for free there (years and years of sermons, books, poetry [yes, he's also writes poetry for leisure], articles.... all for free!)

Upvote 0

itisdeliciouscake

Deus est regit qui omnia
Apr 14, 2008
Indiana
✟11,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
lol sorry... not much for the famous preacher types. But I'll check him out I guess. :) I probably have seen some of his stuff, but just didn't know who did it. Thanks for the link.

oh, when you think 'famous preacher' don't think the typical wishy-washy megachurch type guy. this guy is flat-out legit.

(and I really think you should start listening to famous preachers [legit ones mind you] in your spare time. I do, and it's stinkin awesome. mite I recommend macdonald, driscoll, madarthur, or chan?)

and the reason I ask is cuz I've never heard someone speak bad of John Piper. which is odd cuz he's SUPER reformed and all about God's sovereignty, which is usually enough to make people hate you.

Upvote 0

tpk

The Preacher's Kid
Jan 29, 2005
Virginia
Visit site
✟21,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Well the reason I usually don't listen to the famous preachers is because they are usually "wishy-washy megachurch type guys". But I'll give this guy and some of the others you mentioned a listen and see what he has to say. I guess it's not fair to say that all mega-church preachers are not legit, but many are, sadly.

Upvote 0

itisdeliciouscake

Deus est regit qui omnia
Apr 14, 2008
Indiana
✟11,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Well the reason I usually don't listen to the famous preachers is because they are usually "wishy-washy megachurch type guys". But I'll give this guy and some of the others you mentioned a listen and see what he has to say. I guess it's not fair to say that all mega-church preachers are not legit, but many are, sadly.

oh no, when i say 'famous preachers' I mean 'famous for being ridiculously powerfully truthful'

i'm not talking about Joel Osteens or Ray Comforts....

Upvote 0

itisdeliciouscake

Deus est regit qui omnia
Apr 14, 2008
Indiana
✟11,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I think it's funny that in the US you can actually become famous by being a preacher... o_O It's really unheard of here. Anyways, I haven't heard of that guy either.

well not really famous...

but well-known and respected because of his ministries.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jayton

Senior Contributor
Aug 7, 2007
✟16,127.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
He has a ugly name...

I know there is one preacher in the USA. He talks about how Christians now make their own rules. Like, allowing Divorce. Not going to Church. Etc. It's all bad.

Divorce is absolutely not good. The bible says. Christians should spend their time banning divorce. And taking away children of single parents. Not having a mother and father. Horrible for the children. It should not be allowed.

;)

Upvote 0

itisdeliciouscake

Deus est regit qui omnia
Apr 14, 2008
Indiana
✟11,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
He has a ugly name...

I know there is one preacher in the USA. He talks about how Christians now make their own rules. Like, allowing Divorce. Not going to Church. Etc. It's all bad.

Divorce is absolutely not good. The bible says. Christians should spend their time banning divorce. And taking away children of single parents. Not having a mother and father. Horrible for the children. It should not be allowed.

;)

and what does this have to do with Doctor Piper?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.