Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
What is the Wesleyan take on imputed righteousness. Calvinists believe God sees us through the holiness of Jesus and not as we really are. I personally find this unscriptural. Christ certainly sees Christians in the 7 churches in Revelations as they really were. I know John Wesley took issue with the Calvinists of his day over this issue.

Jeff Carr

Feb 15, 2018
Sydney
✟11,201.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you.
I know Presbyterian/Reformed theology differs much from Methodist/Wesleyan theology, even though the two Churches seem to share buildings, ministers, and some core beliefs. I'm not expert, though.

Upvote 0

Citizen of the Kingdom

Site Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Vancouver
Visit site
✟336,289.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Imparted righteousness results from the new birth; grace given to one spiritually dead. Imputed righteousness is the righteousness of Christ that enables the Christian to be justified. After justification, imparted righteousness is the God given power to the individual through the power of the Holy Spirit to receive sanctification. The process of sanctification disables the natural power derived from the tree of both good and evil to enable through the Holy Spirit that which is of spiritual maturity: the tree of life given through the divine nature of Christ. The ultimate goal of sanctification is being wholly set apart for God. (nothing of the old creation, only the new creation) The result looked for by Methodists is perfection. Perfection is not how God sees each and everyone from the beginning of faith, He is well aware of the process in each and everyone. But perfection for each and everyone is the goal. That's my take from my methodist learning.

Upvote 0

Jeff Carr

Feb 15, 2018
Sydney
✟11,201.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
Imparted righteousness results from the new birth; grace given to one spiritually dead. Imputed righteousness is the righteousness of Christ that enables the Christian to be justified. After justification, imparted righteousness is the God given power to the individual through the power of the Holy Spirit to receive sanctification. The process of sanctification disables the natural power derived from the tree of both good and evil to enable through the Holy Spirit that which is of spiritual maturity: the tree of life given through the divine nature of Christ. The ultimate goal of sanctification is being wholly set apart for God. (nothing of the old creation, only the new creation) The result looked for by Methodists is perfection. Perfection is not how God sees each and everyone from the beginning of faith, He is well aware of the process in each and everyone. But perfection for each and everyone is the goal. That's my take from my methodist learning.
Thankyou for your reply.

Upvote 0