Thought I would share something with ye

Tadhg

Nov 21, 2015
✟8,315.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi hope everyone is doing good. I'm from Ireland and I'm on a journey to finding and knowing Christ for the last few years. I was born and raised Catholic have been searching for Christ in Fatima,Lourdes and medjugorje if you don't know what theses places are they are marian shrines Catholics go there for pilgrimages . Also I went on a few other pilgrimages as well.
I was told by a friend of mine that Jesus has spoking in the bible why not try there for him!
So I did and I can honestly say I found 100 times more in the bible then I did traveling.
The only thing is for me and this is my opinion the bible contradicted the faith I was born and grew up with especially when you look at grace.
My wife and kids had no Jesus in there life and I prayed for them to have the strength to find him. Well my prays were answered. But the twist in this story is I had a baptist friend invited us to a day out with his church. When I told my wife about this offer she said and I quote I'm not going anywhere near them weirdos! But she said she would do it for me.
So off we went myself the wife and 3 kids. We get to the place it was held in a community hall it was a gathering of different baptist churches. There was at lest 500 strangers in a hall when she seen all the people my wife turned and said what have I agreed to. 10 mins into the singing at the start of the sermon my wife said she felt her heart open up and a feeling she never felt before shot down to her feet and out the top of her head.
I looked at her I could see her shocked face and I asked well now do you believe in Jesus. She said yes with tears in her eyes.
It might not of been where I wanted her to find Jesus I would of loved her to be a catholic but all I know is 2 months ago my family had no Jesus in their life.
Today my wife's doing a bible class all my kids have bibles and they say their prayers at night. We attend a baptist church on Sunday mornings and it has drawing us closer as a family. God is good and he has a plan for everyone even if you might not what it the way he wants it!

twin1954

Baptist by the Bible
Jun 12, 2011
✟86,544.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
  1. God moves in a mysterious way
    His wonders to perform;
    He plants His footsteps in the sea
    And rides upon the storm.
  2. Deep in unfathomable mines
    Of never failing skill
    He treasures up His bright designs
    And works His sov’reign will.
  3. Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;
    The clouds ye so much dread
    Are big with mercy and shall break
    In blessings on your head.
  4. Judge not the Lord by feeble sense,
    But trust Him for His grace;
    Behind a frowning providence
    He hides a smiling face.
  5. His purposes will ripen fast,
    Unfolding every hour;
    The bud may have a bitter taste,
    But sweet will be the flow’r.
  6. Blind unbelief is sure to err
    And scan His work in vain;
    God is His own interpreter,
    And He will make it plain.

William Cowper

Upvote 0

The Portuguese Baptist

Centre-right conservative Christian-Democrat
Oct 17, 2015
Lisbon, Portugal
✟18,877.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hi hope everyone is doing good. I'm from Ireland and I'm on a journey to finding and knowing Christ for the last few years. I was born and raised Catholic have been searching for Christ in Fatima,Lourdes and medjugorje if you don't know what theses places are they are marian shrines Catholics go there for pilgrimages . Also I went on a few other pilgrimages as well.
I was told by a friend of mine that Jesus has spoking in the bible why not try there for him!
So I did and I can honestly say I found 100 times more in the bible then I did traveling.
The only thing is for me and this is my opinion the bible contradicted the faith I was born and grew up with especially when you look at grace.
My wife and kids had no Jesus in there life and I prayed for them to have the strength to find him. Well my prays were answered. But the twist in this story is I had a baptist friend invited us to a day out with his church. When I told my wife about this offer she said and I quote I'm not going anywhere near them weirdos! But she said she would do it for me.
So off we went myself the wife and 3 kids. We get to the place it was held in a community hall it was a gathering of different baptist churches. There was at lest 500 strangers in a hall when she seen all the people my wife turned and said what have I agreed to. 10 mins into the singing at the start of the sermon my wife said she felt her heart open up and a feeling she never felt before shot down to her feet and out the top of her head.
I looked at her I could see her shocked face and I asked well now do you believe in Jesus. She said yes with tears in her eyes.
It might not of been where I wanted her to find Jesus I would of loved her to be a catholic but all I know is 2 months ago my family had no Jesus in their life.
Today my wife's doing a bible class all my kids have bibles and they say their prayers at night. We attend a baptist church on Sunday mornings and it has drawing us closer as a family. God is good and he has a plan for everyone even if you might not what it the way he wants it!

I am so glad to read your testimony! Rest assured that, in the midst of Baptists, you are in good hands! :) I am so glad to hear that your family has converted to Christianity in the midst of Baptists! Keep reading and studying the Bible, and keep going to church every Sunday. You will find amazing and extraordinary things! If you need any help, you can always talk to me. :) God bless you!

Upvote 0

Job8

Dec 1, 2014
✟21,583.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi hope everyone is doing good. I'm from Ireland and I'm on a journey to finding and knowing Christ for the last few years.
Thanks for sharing that. God knew that you and your family were hungry for reality and for truth, and so He made a way. Now He says grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. If you all have not been baptized as believers, make sure you are at the earliest opportunity. That will strengthen you further.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Wow thats great.
I have seen a movie called Lourdes about those pilgrimages. I did have a catholic friend who I encourage to read the Bible if she feeels far from God. I would love her to really know Jesus and his grace and truth and be committed to following him as well, not just when she goes along to her family mass.

Upvote 0