Tacoma
✟365.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello, my name is Philip. I am from Tacoma, Washington. I am a believer of Jesus Christ, who saved me from hell in May 1979. I am married, with seven children - five girls, two boys. I currently attend a Lutheran Church here in the Tacoma area. I found this forum looking for advice on a problem that I do not wish to share with my own church leadership, only because it involves a young member of my family who has started hating Israel and now hates me because I refuse to join agree with her negative attitude. In an argument, while I was driving my car, she threw a giant container of ice water water in my face when I told her that her hatred of Jews was anti-Semitic and anti-God. She says she hates me because how could I support such an evil country and how could she believe in a God that supports such a people? I refused to humor her and repeated my claim, that she is being played by the devil, that she is wrong, that her behavior and attitude is anti-Semitic. I am ashamed on her behalf and because I have failed to teach her correctly on the relationship between God and Israel. It saddens me that she has been sucked into Hamas propaganda since October 7. I was angry with her, so angry and I have to pray to God that the Spirit will keep my heart free from the anger I feel. Today I looked for resources, information, and found this site. I know I am not the only one who is dealing with this. I hope to find support, comfort, prayer and guidance on this forum. God Bless.

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟66,727.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.
Have faith in his prophets.
Then you will have success."

2 Chronicles 20:20

Some trust in chariots.
Some trust in horses.
But we trust in the LORD our God.

Psalms 20:7

Upvote 0

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Welcome to CF! I would recommend starting a thread in Requests for Christian advice where our members can better help you with your concern.

The General Politics forum is a good place to discuss any sources your daughter may have been viewing, and the Prayer Wall is open if you want prayer over the situation. We also have many threads about Israel, Palestine, and Christians’ relationship to that area all across the site, so hopefully you can find the help that you need.

Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,675,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello, my name is Philip. I am from Tacoma, Washington. I am a believer of Jesus Christ, who saved me from hell in May 1979. I am married, with seven children - five girls, two boys. I currently attend a Lutheran Church here in the Tacoma area. I found this forum looking for advice on a problem that I do not wish to share with my own church leadership, only because it involves a young member of my family who has started hating Israel and now hates me because I refuse to join agree with her negative attitude. In an argument, while I was driving my car, she threw a giant container of ice water water in my face when I told her that her hatred of Jews was anti-Semitic and anti-God. She says she hates me because how could I support such an evil country and how could she believe in a God that supports such a people? I refused to humor her and repeated my claim, that she is being played by the devil, that she is wrong, that her behavior and attitude is anti-Semitic. I am ashamed on her behalf and because I have failed to teach her correctly on the relationship between God and Israel. It saddens me that she has been sucked into Hamas propaganda since October 7. I was angry with her, so angry and I have to pray to God that the Spirit will keep my heart free from the anger I feel. Today I looked for resources, information, and found this site. I know I am not the only one who is dealing with this. I hope to find support, comfort, prayer and guidance on this forum. God Bless.
Welcome to CF! Here is a forum that will help you seeking advice. Requests for Christian Advice

Upvote 0

Yusuphhai

Messianic Arabic-Semitic Chinese
Oct 19, 2005
Beijing China
✟170,960.00
Country
China
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

ironmike663

Mar 14, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟801.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Dont be angry with your daughter. No where does it say Israel is always right or even pleasing to God (there are multiple scriptures for that). Love your child, pray for her, listen to her, and know that if The Lord could change you, He can change her. On a side note, read what Paul called the church in Galatians 6 and Romans 9.

Upvote 0