So a few things going on.

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
So I haven't been to church in months because my wife hasn't had a Sunday off in a very long time. She's been working pretty much nonstop to support me and I just go and hurt her financially and to top it all off a member of our congregation has been in the hospital since Feburary 7th.

Our pastor and his wife went to visit her and her husband in the hospital yesterday afternoon and she is not doing very good. She was originally in the hospital for something in her small intestine and she's grown gradually worse. She's been in massive pain since December and doctors mostly cant figure out what is wrong with her. The hospital sent her to Buffalo to get surgery in early Feburary sent her home and as of a few days ago they took her back to Buffalo yesterday night.

She is having yet another surgery early this week and doctors think whatever is wrong with her might be life threatening. My Elder/Pastor said that he will keep my wife and I updated as her husband continues to update him.

Please pray for both of us. God knows exactly what's wrong with both cases and I'm hoping for the miracle he gave me.

linux.poet

Electric Nightfall
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2022
Poway
✟204,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Dear Lord,
I pray for healing for this member of this man's congregation, and relief from pain, and also relief for his overworked wife. Help the two of them to get back to church and into fellowship with other believers.
In Christ's Name,
Amen

• Prayers
Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Dear Lord,
I pray for healing for this member of this man's congregation, and relief from pain, and also relief for his overworked wife. Help the two of them to get back to church and into fellowship with other believers.
In Christ's Name,
Amen

Thanks. I've been keeping in touch with my Elder and his wife through email but it just isn't the same as being face to face with them. My wife basically has to use her PTO to get a Sunday off Walmart is working her pretty hard. I cant see that situation improving unless she quits her job and finds a new one but Walmart is paying her pretty well and she really enjoys working there.

I'm mostly only friends with my Pastor and his wife from our church though and I barely know the person who is in the hospital but, I've been in the hospital for weeks before myself so I can relate. I almost died and needed emergency surgery myself a few years ago. So it kind of touches my heart even though I barely know her.

Anyway thanks for your prayers all. I will keep you updated as my Pastor keeps me updated. I think her surgery is going to be either tomorrow or Tuesday. Hopefully it is successful and she only needs to be in the hospital for a few more weeks. I'm hoping.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
I don't have much time to update everyone because its quite windy outside here in NY and the power has gone out twice so far in the last ten minutes. But I have an update for everyone I just got an email from my Pastor. Her surgery is at 11:30 tomorrow morning and should be over in the afternoon. As of right now she is doing mostly ok. Will let you know what my pastor says about the surgery sometime tomorrow in the meantime keep her in your prayers.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, I was wrong I didn't have time to check what date the email my pastor sent all of us was sent. He sent it on Tuesday and I had just gotten the email last night. Her surgery was yesterday. No updates have come in yet, I will let you know when her husband updates our Pastor and he updates all of us because he never replied to the email i sent him. That's typical of him though he is very busy running our Presbytery and doesn't always have the time to answer his email.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟921,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
My pastor emailed us all an update this is what it says with their names omitted:

"She is out of surgery and in the recovery room. The surgery was a success and they were able to fix the blockage. I believe they cut the bad portion of her intestine out and reconnected it. All that is good. But the surgeon told her husband that he saw some small tumors so that is not good. But that treatment is for another day."

Thank you for your prayers and support and I hope they're able to remove her tumors on another day in her local hospital instead of her and her husband going all the way to Buffalo again. We live in upstate NY so that's over halfway across our state.

Upvote 0