This video gives a glimpse of what Catholics face in the years ahead: Homosexual...

P

peggy sue

There are different weights to the sins we commit based on the harm they do. Whether venial or mortal, our sins are weighed and measured out. But, when we confess, as we ought to, then God can forgive us any sin, no matter how big it may be. God can literally remove the weight of the world off our shoulders.

i agree the blood of Jesus can cover all sin:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
while i'm in agreement with your stand on homosexuality being a sin, considering the whole complete Word of God, all sin is not equal in God's eye's, otherwise the punishments for sin as seen in the old testiment would have all been the same for whatever offense was broken, we see from scripture that not all sin leads to death as John states in 1 John 5:16

16 If anyone sees his brother sinning a sin which does not lead to death, he will ask, and He will give him life for those who commit sin not leading to death. There is sin leading to death. I do not say that he should pray about that.

although if you meant a life of sin will bring the same judgement of hell then i stand corrected

You missed where i said mortal sins are all equal in that they break the friendship of God.

All sins are equal [mortal sins are equal to other mortal sins etc] in the eyes of God.
If it breaks our friendship from Him - it is as lethal as the other ...

Being in mortal sin, regardless of what weight it is - will lead us to hell if we die in such a state of sin. So then, what measure does it matter - since mortal sin is mortal sin?

The Christian God DID create sin! He allowed the possibility to sin. If he didn't make it, then it didn't exist. The very idea of sin didn't exist. God allowed sin to happen, which means it's his fault there is sin. If he hates sin, then why allow it? Doesn't sound smart to me.

Outside of God is the atmosphere in which He always was and is - but He did not create that which exists outside of His Being which is not perfection as He is perfection.

He didnt create sin, but outside of Him is sin.
He is the only perfect Being and He alone is all encompassing of Good.
So anyone created - can choose to be with that which is outside and opposite of Him - ergo sin.

He gives us free will to chose. He did not create any puppets, in neither angel nor human.
He could have - but then what merit would we gain, and what love would He receive? In that case why bother?

But He made mankind because He wanted mankind's friendship and love.
AS with anything - He takes the good and leaves the bad. IT is not as though He abandoned us and did not teach us what needs to be done to be with Him eternally.
It is not as though He destroyed all of the humans because He could and leave it at that.
It is so that He instead came as one of us and took on the just punishment we deserve for all our choices in choosing sin over and above Him time and again.

SO now it comes down to us.. give up the vices that will lead us far from His Omnibenevolence, or suffer a short time against such temptations and have an eternity of peace and love that no human can possibly explain.

WE have choices because we are free beings.

Upvote 0
B

Borromeo

"Child of the Goddess", Jesus did not enumerate every sexual perversion to be abhored; he was not merely Moses v2.0. He instituted the Church, and its teaching on this matter is both simple and complete. The episcopals are more than thrilled to be accomodating to your particular preferences, and any new weird moves you cook up in the future. So be content with them.

They're not content with having a place that caters to them, they'll only be content when they annihilate anyone that has a different belief.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
<staff edit>

Just so you know - a few things you probably do not 'get'.
God still loves the wayward..

Even souls in hell know their punishment was just and according to the letter from hell the soul said God keeps us from doing more evil - because the recompense is greater.

No He wont allow things to get that far like He stopped Soddom and Gamorrah because tho many receive their rewards in this life, wealth - power - esteem and what not - their eternity is horrendous. So He is a just God... but even the wayward sinners He protects from going too far.

If gays are freely committing an atrocity - the second coming will be at hand. But i am sure gays will get their way soon and i look forward to the relief i have hope i am prepared for and acceptable in His eyes.

:crossrc:

Because honestly, i really cannot take much more of the blackness enveloping mankind. And if i can see it, surely it is by grace which comes from One Source.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
No He is just.
If He was not Just - then He would not allow free will. But humans dont want Him, dont want His doctrines that lead to their perfection and happiness, dont want His Presence.
So all in all, God gives them as they wanted...that which is hell. Eternal separation from Him.

We cannot blame God for what we do, what we choose. We have the blueprint to obtaining eternal peace with Him, so it is not as though He ignored us.

Besides mystics seeing hell, souls from hell, and people dying and returning a changed person - we dont know what hell is like. But if it is completely void of God Who is all love and peace - it logically is hatred and pain.

Upvote 0

JacktheCatholic

Praise be to Jesus Christ. Now and forever.
Mar 9, 2007
Michigan, USA
Visit site
✟44,388.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Each person is given a soul that will exist forever after this life and they will live in Heaven or Hell. Those that give their lives up in this life for Jesus will live forever in Heaven. Those that choose to be of the world and deny God and His offer of eternal bliss will have eternity in Hell to recall their choices.

Upvote 0
P

peggy sue

<staff edit>

marriage is a sacred institution, go do what you want to do, with whom you want to do it, that is your freedom! nobodies stopping you, but don't expect people to welcome you when you oppose their sacred institutions, opposing their fundemental beliefs, and purposely work to destroy the freedoms that they hold so dear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: whitetiger1
Upvote 0

suzybeezy

Reports Manager
Nov 1, 2004
USA
✟82,735.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
MOD HAT ON

A thread clean up has occurred to remove posts that do not comply with OBOB Statement of Faith

House Rules-
All posts within this faith community must adhere to the site wide rules found here (Community Rules). In addition, if you are not a member of this faith group, you may not debate issues or teach against it's theology. You may post in fellowship. Active promotion of views contrary to the established teachings of this group will be considered off topic.

MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0