LonelyTraveler

almost home.
Mar 16, 2006
✟10,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'd want a woman who doesn't think it's weak for her to be a lady or for me to be a gentleman. I'd want a woman who understands the needs of a man and trusts that God empowered her with the gifts to fill those needs. I'd want a woman to be courageous in telling me her needs and trust that He empowered me with the gifts to fill her needs. I'd want a woman who can believe me when I tell her that she is the most beautiful woman in the world to me. I'd want a woman who believes that what she wants will always be more important than what I want. I'd want a woman who forgives me, as I forgive her, as God forgave us.

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟96,752.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I am looking for...
Someone who loves and fears the Lord, someone who doesn't take himself too seriously, someone who is intelligent but not arrogant, someone who is more aggressive than I (I'm a doormat), someone who is passionate, and someone who makes the everyday exciting.

I bring..
Someone who loves and fears the Lord, a ridiculous goofball, a loyal companion, and someone who looks to make adventures in everyday living.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
What I look for:
  • College degree and/or successful career path
  • Level-headed
  • Critical thinker
  • Classy (knows how to dress well; doesn't embarrass others in polite company)
  • Egalitarian
  • Responsible
  • Respectful
  • Willing to be open with each other and discuss things
  • Financial literacy
  • Ok with adopting

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,677.00
Faith
Christian
  • Ok with adopting

I've always liked the thought of adopting - particularly the thought of taking on a troubled teen or an older child who's not had the best start in life. I don't know why though, it's not a desire I can rationalise, it's just sort of, well, there.

I trained as a youth worker/appropriate adult before my current career. I never went anywhere with it though, because I didn't feel as if I had anything to offer. I was only in my early 20's myself at the time.

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've always liked the thought of adopting - particularly the thought of taking on a troubled teen or an older child who's not had the best start in life. I don't know why though, it's not a desire I can rationalise, it's just sort of, well, there.

This actually reminds me of the Olive tree and how some branches are cut off so the other branches (us) can be grafted in. It's like God adopting us into His Kingdom. :angel:

Reactions: Toro
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
What I look for:
  • College degree and/or successful career path
  • Level-headed
  • Critical thinker
  • Classy (knows how to dress well; doesn't embarrass others in polite company)
  • Egalitarian
  • Responsible
  • Respectful
  • Willing to be open with each other and discuss things
  • Financial literacy
  • Ok with adopting

Looks like I got most of it. But classy, I don't know. I have rather limited social experiences, not that I don't want to but limited opportunities. I strive to look professional and put on a professional demeanor whenever I'm outside and at work. Successful career path? I made huge mistakes in my career in IT. I'm kinda starting from scratch again but at this age of 34. Things don't look very promising at the moment, salary-wise, and I'm also saving up for my parents, something for them to live on in their old age.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
  • Loves God and believes in Jesus
  • Ok with the idea of possibly not having children (can have children herself already, as I love kids, but might not get them from me and has to accept the possibility that they won't)
  • Has to love children as I have nieces and nephews that mean a lot to me
  • Not looking for a soul mate, but just a life partner
  • Ok with my past (jail, criminal record, etc.)
  • Intelligent (able to hold conversations I'd have)
  • Witty
  • Funny
  • Upbeat personality ideally
  • Loving.
  • Loves animals, especially dogs (if I could live in a house full of 50 dogs I would)
  • Has to be pro-life
  • Can't believe in evolution
  • Has to want to make real change in the world and in the lives of others, whether it's on small scales or big scales, the heart is what counts to me.
  • Have to be attracted to them physically... but physically I don't have 1 specific type, I've been attracted to all different types of women, face wise, hair wise, body wise, race wise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Does that really matter? You'd really turn down a woman over this issue?
I'll say this... if she was an atheist, agnostic, or some other faith and believed in evolution, it wouldn't be an issue for me. But this is what I look for in a partner, and I'm ideally looking for a Christian and so I hold Christians and/or women who believe in the God of Abraham to certain standards. Creationist beliefs is one standard I hold to strongly for Christians. Evolution really isn't compatible with scripture, I've seen the arguments from evolutionist Christians and their arguments don't hold up or are wishy washy. It's just not logical. And it being not logical is the main put off, not evolution itself.

If it's not a Christian or Abrahamic faith person I'm dating, again, I'd obviously look past it because it's a guarantee they believe in evolution then.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Does that really matter? You'd really turn down a woman over this issue?
It's also worth to note, I'm very passionately a creationist. My whole outlook on life is without evolution, psychology wise, philosophically, etc. Although I can relate to evolutionists, as I used to be one for a long time, and am able to put myself in the head of an evolutionist for the most part, it would not be an ideal partnership because of the differences.

Upvote 0

MehGuy

A member of the less neotenous sex..
Site Supporter
Jul 23, 2007
Minnesota
✟1,165,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It's also worth to note, I'm very passionately a creationist. My whole outlook on life is without evolution, psychology wise, philosophically, etc. Although I can relate to evolutionists, as I used to be one for a long time, and am able to put myself in the head of an evolutionist for the most part, it would not be an ideal partnership because of the differences.

Aye, you used to hit the evolutionary psyche theories hard back in the day? Lol.

Even though evolutionary psyche is on extremely shaky ground for the most part its still a fascinating tool to use for understanding fellow human beings.

The totally not victim-hood obsessed female feminists totally discard evolutionary psyche though. Their behavior gives absolutely no indication of sex differences, lol.

Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Aye, you used to hit the evolutionary psyche theories hard back in the day? Lol.

Even though evolutionary psyche is on extremely shaky ground for the most part its still a fascinating tool to use for understanding fellow human beings.

The totally not victim-hood obsessed female feminists totally discard evolutionary psyche though. Their behavior gives absolutely no indication of sex differences, lol.
Yes very much so, and while it did have a lot of truth in it, it also had a lot of crap, like you said. I agree it's a good tool though, but I myself don't have the ability to sift through it anymore, my mind state's different now, some for the better, some for the worse. But I suppose that's what I'm getting at, a whole different way of thinking about life that shapes a lot of things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

kittysbecute

Pokémon Master
Jun 3, 2007
Somewhere over the rainbow, where skies are blue
Visit site
✟159,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Journey.In.Grace

Daughter of the One True King
Sep 2, 2013
Texas, US
✟159,573.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
The very first thing I would look for a potential boyfriend/future spouse, is first he must be a born again Christian and be baptized(because I am Baptist), and has a relationship with the Lord and continues to seek Him. Centering Christ in our relationship is EXTREMELY important to me. On the side, I definitely wouldn't mind a sense of humor and similar interests.

Upvote 0