Southern US
✟112,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
What are the traits you are looking for in a potential husband/wife? And what traits will you bring to that person and your relationship?

The things I hope to find in a man are:

Loves God above all
Kind
Patient
Understanding
Integrity
Leadership skills
Protective
Willing to provide
Supportive
Communicative/Honest/Open
Empathetic
Encouraging
Intelligent
Industrious/Hardworking
Sense of humor/Fun
Handsome

The traits I would bring to the relationship are:

Christian fellowship
Love/respect
Caring for him
Good cook
Good mother to our children
Patience
Understanding
Intelligent conversation
Open and honest communication
Keeping up my appearance
Supportive
Encouraging
Empathetic
Industrious
Putting his needs above my own

How about y'all?

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Stop clicking if you dont want the answer
I mean it
Okay You asked for it.
Im not ashamed. I just don't want to be directly mushy.... but since you kept clicking you know the answer is.........
She strengthens my walk, is a beautiful and amazing woman inside and out...... so my answer to this question is.
1694039-bigthumbnail.jpg

Yes, Im serious. I never thought myself to play with the pokemons or watch anime and everything else. Yes, I ONLY do so because of her, but.... its not even a chore to do those things. I gladly do it because it is her.

Cat memes, endless cat memes, a love for everything 80s-90s cheesy (Think tv shows like "Prefect Strangers. Night Court and ALF) and..... bad humor

Top-30-Funny-Cat-Memes-Funny-humor.jpg

Upvote 0

Swan7

Made in the image of His Grace
Supporter
Aug 3, 2014
Forever Summer
✟435,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
images+(2).jpg

Yeah, it's no secret :p

:sparkles:He is whom I have prayed for last year after watching War Room (although I didn't know it at the time):sparkles:

Most importantly, he is a man of God with strong understanding and wisdom
Biblical encouragement/Bible partner
Even though he may not be patient like I am, we contrast
Protective
Very honest
Knows how important communication is
Funny and witty, is he
Attentive/compassionate/full of love and commitment
Good looking man!

:sparklingheart:What I think I bring:sparklingheart::

Fellowship/Bible study
Encouragement
Love and commitment (reflecting a Godly marriage for the future)
Intermediate cook
Patience
God willing, mother of his child
Honesty/communication
All about support!
Tender voice of loving care (maybe a gentle spirit?)

:twohearts:

Upvote 0

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
The things I hope to find in a woman are:

Sound mind, not somebody who is disturbed or is at odds with others,

Class, a woman who knows how to cross her legs while wearing the appropriate clothing while we dine or is in public,

A woman with a Christian nature that shows and not just Christian on Sunday morning in Church,

A guy who will lead as the Christian man of our marriage,

Make sure she is safe and provided for not only in needs but in some wants as she is worth it,

I am somebody who can keep the cars going, the house maintained and the lawn mowed while doing a 60 hour work week to pay for our needs and wants but yet I can still put on a suit and shake hands at a social later that night,

I am calm and relaxed minded so we can be comfortable with each other at all times,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Hammer of Witches

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jun 7, 2016
America
✟14,999.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What are the traits you are looking for in a potential husband/wife? And what traits will you bring to that person and your relationship?

Loves God above all
Kind
Patient
Understanding
Integrity
Leadership skills
Protective
Willing to provide
Supportive
Empathetic
Encouraging
Intelligent
Industrious/Hardworking
Sense of humor/Fun
Handsome

Christian fellowship
Love/respect
Caring for him
Good cook
Patience
Understanding
Intelligent conversation
Keeping up my appearance
Supportive
Encouraging
Empathetic
Industrious

How about y'all?
Christian with all the spiritual fruit
Everything you named
Great personality and some physical attraction
Woman
A pulse

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean it
Okay You asked for it.
Im not ashamed. I just don't want to be directly mushy.... but since you kept clicking you know the answer is.........
She strengthens my walk, is a beautiful and amazing woman inside and out...... so my answer to this question is.
1694039-bigthumbnail.jpg

Yes, Im serious. I never thought myself to play with the pokemons or watch anime and everything else. Yes, I ONLY do so because of her, but.... its not even a chore to do those things. I gladly do it because it is her.

Cat memes, endless cat memes, a love for everything 80s-90s cheesy (Think tv shows like "Prefect Strangers. Night Court and ALF) and..... bad humor

Oh, I thought you were actually saying in that spoiler tag that you hoped to find someone just like a particular character from Pokemon. I guess I read it too fast. ^-^

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟981,894.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Loves God above all
Kind
Patient
Understanding
Integrity
Leadership skills
Protective
Willing to provide
Supportive
Empathetic
Encouraging
Intelligent
Industrious/Hardworking
Sense of humor/Fun
Handsome

Christian fellowship
Love/respect
Caring for him
Good cook
Patience
Understanding
Intelligent conversation
Keeping up my appearance
Supportive
Encouraging
Empathetic
Industrious

How about y'all?

A good question, Lioness. Honestly I don't believe I have thought much about actual traits I would wish to have in a wife, other than of course what would typically be expected, the generic traits of sweetness and kindness and being at least a potential believer in Christ, if not already one, herself.

I guess I would also find it a huge plus if she also adhered to conditional immortality as opposed to the doctrine of eternal torment, like I do, as, again, while I am not one of those uber-religious types who condemn others as false believers for differing from me on Biblical subjects that don't even have anything to do with Jesus Christ, I think it would be much easier to get along with her if she did not take the traditional stance on hell and the nature of the human soul. I hope that doesn't make me sound harshly picky or anything to admit that I would really like to have that quality in my future wife, that she also takes the conditional immortality stance. But if she only passively believed in the traditional view and instead focused on God's love and faithfulness, never feeling it necessary to threaten people with hell as she told other folks about Jesus in preaching the Gospel to them, then I would certainly still love her and be willing to marry her. (So long as she similarly never condemned me for being a conditionalist.)

As to what I believe I could bring as a husband, I will keep it simple. Three traits are what i pray that I will never fail to bring to my future Princess if she is out there: tenderness, caring, and absolute loyalty. One thing I pray to God even now that I NEVER make the grievous mistake of doing: ever making my wife cry, because I hurt her in some way. I could not ever accept that of myself. I find it most dishonorable, even if it can be forgiven.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,877.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Loves God above all
Kind
Patient
Understanding
Integrity
Leadership skills
Protective
Willing to provide
Supportive
Empathetic
Encouraging
Intelligent
Industrious/Hardworking
Sense of humor/Fun
Handsome

It looks like the first page of my CV :D

Can I use it as my traits to bring?

And could I use most of the traits you bring as the traits I'm looking for? Look at the comments I inserted:

Christian fellowship
Love/respect
Caring for him (for me, this is optional - only if she derives pleasure out of it)
Good cook
Patience
Understanding
Intelligent conversation
Keeping up my appearance (just a little overweight is not a big deal to me but I do appreciate a healthy lifestyle. I also keep myself in shape and weight through diet and exercise)
Supportive
Encouraging
Empathetic
Industrious
Putting his needs above my own (I may object to this. I am far from a perfect person. I still make the wrong choices, wrong behavior. My needs may not always be guided by scriptures nor even by sound logic. Besides, how can I make an intelligent conversation with anyone if only my needs, my opinions, matter? ;))

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟206,708.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
The mood I'm currently in, female is kind of the only criterion.

As a more serious answer, for when I'm not feeling so down or frustrated about being single, the main thing is companionship. Someone who I'm comfortable being around, with whom I can let down my guard, and who gets where I'm coming from - that would be understanding things like a quite night in being far preferable to a night on the town, and me not saying much around her is because I'm naturally a quiet person and not because I don't want to interact with her. And I guess I'd offer the same sort of thing in return.

Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,418.00
Faith
Christian
I've come to realise that when everything is weighed up, said and done and taken home (sorry for the Oxford Book of Cliches) the human race is on a relatively level playing field - so I don't have a massive list of expectations. Actually, I have none. But there are individual traits and nuances that and are as good as guaranteed to sell a person for me, even when I'm at the height of my militant independence.

But, whatever happens, RESPECT for that independence is the be-all and end-all. Not just that, but loving me for it. Because it's what I'm ALL about. I could go one further and say that I would like them to be just as independent and have as much passion for their own lives as I do. My philosophy is two individual people enter a relationship - not one half meets another half and they become 'whole'.

Youth - and I don't mean physical age, but mental age. Maturity, intelligence and wisdom are all important traits, but most of all, I don't like feeling old. Getting older doesn't mean you have to slow down and spend Sunday evenings with a cup of tea and the Antiques Roadshow. I'm always going to be young at heart.

Honesty - YES. Nothing good ever comes from bottling things up.

Encouragement, yes. I don't need it, but it would make life more pleasant. I already have a father who thinks I achieve things out of spite, so I don't want a wife to do it. But either way, I'm ultimately going to fulfil my goals, so...

Monogamous, yes, there's something about being exclusive to someone that makes you feel loved. It's most optimal. ^_^

But really, beyond all of that, I honestly don't look for a lot. I'm happy internally and at peace with myself. So I don't expect Wonder Woman when the time comes for me to fall in love again. Just an all round decent human being who 'gets' me.

As for what I can offer? Er... Well, she won't get bored. Ha ha! I can't think what else, but she most certainly will not get bored.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟286,418.00
Faith
Christian
I mean it
Okay You asked for it.
1694039-bigthumbnail.jpg

I can't believe I went through that process twice! :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I suppose someone who is like my anima enough for me to fall in love with her. and she would have to love me. I don't really know how to be in a relationship though nor do I even know if that is what I really want.

Hello_Kitty_PEZ_dispenser_open_II.jpg

what do I bring? nothing that can be bought or sold. it's all a mystery to me. I don't want what fades away but it's hard to be me. I like their souls but whatever it is that could deeply connect two together is not something I understand though i figured one out of infinity must be pretty special and only able to be done by the hand of God. i'm simple like a black hole is simple but as for love... I can relate more to my own internal reality and myself than i can relate to others. I was thinking how I can't do certain things in this world if I did have a mate because I might get bored enough to start doing things that get me thrown in jail or prison due to me wanting to make a point in this world or to a few souls before I leave. but doing things that would get me separated from the one I could perhaps not hold back in loving... that would be torture.

if she exist then she might have more of a sense of reason or purpose than I. I like watching things grow. i'm interested in trying to make a type of spiritual life that is not about the world and not so caught up with the things we must do... instead being caught up in the things we want to do even if they end up being things that we must do.

ideally we would not have to be separated from each other at all or hardly at all. it would be nice to be like two bodies but one soul, even though we would also still be two souls. but to be one body would be nice, just like two extensions of the same person. how do you unite enough with a person you love? I think about that a lot. ideally I would be closer to God if I was with her, but I would have to somehow 'make' her closer to God too. so I figured that God already solved this problem by perfectly ordaining everything in the highest reality of his own eternal mind. but to exist in this world of ignorance and partiality makes existing as the divine idea of myself in a limited form as something that only this world could provide which means it is a special blessing from God and part of his plan. but maybe I can't get everything I want by existing in the shadow of reality. i'm being born in God for all eternity, even this life is part of it so i know Gods joy is complete and anything is possible with him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

James of Arc

Venomous Turtle
Supporter
Apr 4, 2016
✟30,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
nor do I even know if that is what I really want

This is where I am, I don't even want to be in a relationship. Tonight I am suppose to meet a woman at a Church social that she invited me to and I am not even going to go because I don't even want anything to start. At this point I see too many imperfections in her to really want her enough to where I am willing to give up my freedoms.

That is why my list is short, they have to match what I want in order for me to be willing to give up my freedom and share my life with them. Its about simplicity and class not just having somebody to say I have somebody.

Last edited:
Upvote 0