The war in heaven: Rev 12

Marantha

Feb 3, 2013
✟15,647.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of a war in heaven, did anyone hear about what happened in Tasmania yesterday (a Sabbath Day)?

Apparently, a circle shaped blue beam came down out of the sky and started someone's yard on fire in that shape of a circle. Many modern Christians believe that this war in heaven referenced in Rev 12 involves some kind of hidden advanced technology that aliens, which many believe are actually demons masquerading as aliens, are using to try and overthrow the King of Kings. Of course, if that's true....which I could only speculate as I don't know... it would obviously be an exercise in futility.

That's why he's the King of Kings.

Strange days.

Link here for any interested.

Fireball Falls From The Sky, Starts Fire In Tasmania | Space

All Glory be to God
Marantha

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Speaking of a war in heaven, did anyone hear about what happened in Tasmania yesterday (a Sabbath Day)?

Apparently, a circle shaped blue beam came down out of the sky and started someone's yard on fire in that shape of a circle. Many modern Christians believe that this war in heaven referenced in Rev 12 involves some kind of hidden advanced technology that aliens, which many believe are actually demons masquerading as aliens, are using to try and overthrow the King of Kings. Of course, if that's true....which I could only speculate as I don't know... it would obviously be an exercise in futility.

That's why he's the King of Kings.

Strange days.

Link here for any interested.

Fireball Falls From The Sky, Starts Fire In Tasmania | Space

All Glory be to God
Marantha

I could've been a supernatural thing but it also could've been a test of laser weapons they've put into our atmosphere.

http://www.fas.org/spp/starwars/program/sbl.htm

Upvote 0

SanFrank

Islam Lies to Muslims - Facebook
Mar 11, 2009
United States
✟17,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
its also interesting to look at satan as a member of the divine congregation; Gd placed all things into the Lords hands as explained at the Last supper and it was there the Lord commanded satan who had enterred Judas, saying "go and do quickly what you are going to do". The Lord already ruled over satan even before the crucifixion. Its only that satan loses his/her place at the divine congregation, something still to come I think.

Upvote 0
J

Johnny Appleseed

7. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
Michael: who is like God? The title given to one of the chief angels (Dan. 10:13, 21; 12:1). He had special charge of Israel as a nation. He disputed with Satan (Jude 9) about the body of Moses. He is also represented as warning against "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world" (Rev. 12:7-9).
Michael, one of the ruling (arch) angels. In Jewish popular thought, angels are a Christian invention reflecting a departure from pure monotheism. Actually, angels are frequently mentioned in the Tanakh, although Michael and Gabriel are the only ones it identifies by name. Post-Tanakh Judaism developed an elaborate angelology.
At Daniel 10:13, after Daniel had fasted three weeks, Gabriel explains his delay in coming: “The prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me for twenty-one days, until Michael, one of the first-ranked angels, came to my aid, and I was no longer needed there with the kings of Persia.” At Daniel 10:21, Gabriel tells Daniel about “Michael, your prince”; and “your” is plural—Michael is the Jewish people’s prince or guardian angel, who fights alongside Gabriel against the angels of Persia and Greece. Daniel 12:1, speaking of the End of Days, adds, “At that time Michael, the great prince who stands (guard) for the children of your people, will arise: and there will be a period of trouble greater than any which has been from the time nations began until then; but at that time your people—that is, everyone whose name is found written in the book—will be delivered.” (This verse is alluded to at 20:15, Matt 24:21.) Here Michael is seen with his heavenly armies, defeating the dragon.
Dragon: In the New Testament the word "dragon" is found only in Rev. 12:3, 4, 7, 9, 16, 17, etc., and is there used metaphorically of "Satan."
Michael…against the dragon. This likely will occur at the mid-point of the tribulation.

8. And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.

9. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. This occurred just prior to the Great Tribulation.
Some Bible authorities believe that this war in heaven began at the time of the Rapture in chapter 4, verse 1. Since a war involves a number of skirmishes or battles, this is a distinct possibility. The assumption is based on Daniel 12:1 and 2.
These scholars reason that since those who are caught up in the rapture of the Church must pass through the areas where Satan reigns-the aerial and stellar heavens-Satan becomes aroused and attempts to hinder this evacuation of the saints from the earth. However, as he attempts to interfere in this glorious event, angels-ministers of the saints (see Hebrews 1:14)-rush to the rescue, and the space confrontation and conflagration begins. This happened in the past-why could it not occur again? Where did it happen in the past? Consider Daniel 10:13 as we are introduced to Michael, the commander in chief of heaven's armies. Daniel says, But the prince of the kingdom of Persia withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me. God tells Daniel that He had every intention of answering His prayers, but that for twenty-one days the devil tried to hinder the response. Finally God had to send Michael to battle the devil in the area of his domain (the first and second heavens) in order to make the answer a reality. Thus, it is possible that Michael will again battle God's adversary at the time of the Rapture in order to allow Christians their entrance into glory in the twinkling of an eye, as promised in 1 Corinthians 15:51-54.
Michael is mentioned five times in God's Word, beginning with Daniel 10:13. We find him again in Daniel 10:21 where he is described to the Children of Israel as Michael, your prince. His third mention is in Daniel 12:1: And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people. In Jude 9, we find Michael, the archangel, contending with the devil over the body of Moses. Notice that every time Michael appears, he is connected with the Children of Israel-making it very plausible that he is at war with Satan in our present and fifth text, defending the Jewish people.
The war is on, and it is the greatest aerial combat in history: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels.
Are you shocked to discover Satan in heaven? Most people (including most Christians) imagine him as a little creature dressed in a red uniform, running around in a place called hell, jabbing his victims with a pitchfork. This is all a lot of mythological nonsense.
Satan is a magnificent creature to behold. In fact, his beauty brought his ruin. Ezekiel 28:17 states: Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty, thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. Not only is it a lie to picture Satan as a grotesque monstrosity, but it is equally false to place him in hell. He has never been there. He is the god of this world system, the prince of the power of the air, and the prince of this world, as we have already observed. He has been in heavens one and two (the aerial and stellar heavens) since his fall-and he will remain there until he is cast to the earth in verse 9. It is also important to note that he is not cast into eternal hell (the lake of fire) to join those he has duped until after the Millennium (chapter 20, verse 10). Now, as this battle is fought, Satan is defeated. Praise God! Satan is mighty, but God is Almighty! Satan can destroy, but God can destroy the destroyer! That is why the Christian should never fear the events of daily life. He has victory in Jesus. Yes, greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4).
Satan's demise began when he was cast out of the third heaven (see Isaiah 14:12-14), continues until Revelation 12:9 when he is cast out of the first and second heavens, and is completed when he is cast into the lake of fire (chapter 20, verse 10). John foresaw that hour and said, The prince of this world be cast out (John 12:31) and the prince of this world is judged (John 16:11). To the eternal Christ, Satan's doom was as good as accomplished, but for you and me, time had to pass. Now, in our text, the moment has arrived: (Satan and his angels) prevailed not (verse 8.) Michael's gunners zero in, and Satan's place-an abiding location for centuries-is found no longer. Instead, the dragon (Satan) which deceiveth the whole world: cast out into the earth, and his angels cast out with him. This signals the end of Satan's rule in the aerial and stellar heavens, and the victory celebration begins. All heaven rejoices over that which Michael's defeat of Satan has accomplished.
David L. Stern's Jewish NT Commentary

To understand the Bible,since it was written by Jews, you have to think Hebraicly. Since most Christians and Messianic's do not understand the NT theology, either they have to talk to a Messianic rabbi (teacher name only) or use Stern's commentary.

Upvote 0
Oct 4, 2013
✟15,609.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my view "the war in heaven" took place as Christ approached the cross!

As Jesus prepares to go to the cross in John 12:31 Jesus said:
31 Now is the judgement of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.

I believe that as Jesus uttered that statement, this scene was happening which John gives us in Revelation 12:7-8:

7 And there was war in heaven, Michael and his angels waging war with the dragon. The dragon and his angels waged war,
8 and they were not strong enough, and there was no longer a place found for them in heaven.
9 And the great dragon was thrown down, the serpent of old who is called the devil and Satan, who deceives the whole world; he was thrown down to the earth, and his angels were thrown down with him.

I think that makes the case as in Rev 12 John covers Christ from His birth to His ascension (Rev 12:5).

The celebration in heaven of Christ triumph over the cross by resurrection happened in Rev 12:10-12

It has happened! :thumbsup: :amen:

It was a future event, as Jesus had to sit at his Father's right hand for a period of time before this battle took place in Heaven.

Upvote 0