LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have travelled to around 25 countries, but I always wind up missing England....don't know why.........but their is a liberty in this nation.......it may have gone far from its Christian roots, but their are still plenty of believers about out of the people I meet on the streets, who KNOW the Lord but don't neccesarily belong to any particular group. Call them mavericks, just doing thie own little bit for the Lord. The reason why God has not brought his hand down strong here, I believe,THE COUNTRY IS A GIVING NATION, one of the most generous on the earth. The day we stop giving, thats when his hand will lift. He is showing grace here. Waiting for his bride to truly come home.

England is a great and beautiful place, amidst our riots and highest in europe teenage pregnancy rates........coming HOME is just that. HOME.

Of course, its lost stuff over the years, my old school cockney heritage for one....but in GENERAL the people have big hearts.

May the LORD bring revival again. To a small country that gave so much, and continues to do so. If only the people that live here or get to live here realise and never forget, what goes on in some nations......then they wouldnt abuse it.

Everyone wants to come here. why?, cause we care. I am grateful to be English.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: hislegacy

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Even though the UK has joined the EU, at least the poms had enough sense to not to go all the way by keeping some control over their currency etc – could be a good move that might just possibly keep them out of many of the ongoing and growing woes within the EU quagmire.

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

14th Generation PROTESTant
Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
England may still be a good place, but it's not as good as it used to be, and it's heading in the wrong direction, rapidly.

I was born in London, and branches of my family have lived in London since at least the 1700s, and I still remember my neighbourhood vividly, but I don't think I would even recognise it as England today.

Let's be clear, the reason Labour threw the doors wide open and let in millions of immigrants to our tiny overpopulated nation, is because they know that about 80% of immigrants vote with the LEFT. Yes, staying in power is what it was mostly about, plus some Liberal guilt.

The BBC (the propaganda wing of the Labout party) has brainwashed the nation. Privacy does not exist. Your home in no longer your castle. The government is invasive and intrusive in every area of our lives. Far more than in almost every other nation on earth, including communist ones.

Now it is too late. What's been done can not be undone, and the future looks bleak indeed. England is well on her way to be a third rate European nation with riots, unemployment, poverty, and crime, lots and lots of crime. And you're not even allowed to defend yourself if a burglar attacks you and your family in your own home!

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The UK or England?

Well that's partly why I only spoke for England. :) I'm English. I have visited Scotland, lovely country, but have never lived there.

That said, the whole UK is affected by the political climate, and unless Scotland gains independance (I hope not, but wouldn't blame her) she will go the same way as England.

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Good assessment, but a few trips to the lake district and cotswolds, and out of the cities and into the country areas, soon bring back the good vibes. We may have lost much, but we have also retained much. The world is on the verge in my book, survival of the fittest. Jobs come and go at a rate of knots, hardly worth losing sleep over, best to just get closer to our Lord.....the NEVER changing one.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,728.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have travelled to around 25 countries, but I always wind up missing England....don't know why.........but their is a liberty in this nation.......it may have gone far from its Christian roots, but their are still plenty of believers about out of the people I meet on the streets, who KNOW the Lord but don't neccesarily belong to any particular group. Call them mavericks, just doing thie own little bit for the Lord. The reason why God has not brought his hand down strong here, I believe,THE COUNTRY IS A GIVING NATION, one of the most generous on the earth. The day we stop giving, thats when his hand will lift. He is showing grace here. Waiting for his bride to truly come home.

England is a great and beautiful place, amidst our riots and highest in europe teenage pregnancy rates........coming HOME is just that. HOME.

Of course, its lost stuff over the years, my old school cockney heritage for one....but in GENERAL the people have big hearts.

May the LORD bring revival again. To a small country that gave so much, and continues to do so. If only the people that live here or get to live here realise and never forget, what goes on in some nations......then they wouldnt abuse it.

Everyone wants to come here. why?, cause we care. I am grateful to be English.:)

I think the love you have for your country is admirable. In such a negative atmosphere as politics and even religion can be, it's a refreshing change to hear someone say something lovely and appreciative.

My sentiments towards the United states are very much the same.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,067,094.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe that the seven churches in Revelation unfolded in a timeline...

Ephesus - Apostolic - Jerusalem
Smyrna - Martyrs - Antioch
Pergamos - Orthodox - Constantinople
Thyatira - Catholic - Rome (Note - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate)
Sardis - Protestant - England (Thinks they arrived... Well thought so anyway)
Philadelphia - Revivals - England (Started with the dear John Wesley)
Laodicea - Materialism - United States

So I think that England mothered two of the churches of Revelation. I think these are the reasons that such a small island became so blessed!

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,740.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Let's be clear, the reason Labour threw the doors wide open and let in millions of immigrants to our tiny overpopulated nation, is because they know that about 80% of immigrants vote with the LEFT.

I have been down several times visiting my cousin in Kilburn and it does indeed seem to be as extreme as you say.

Do you think there's a solution or is it too late?

Upvote 0

mrhappy3

May 9, 2006
LONDON
✟8,314.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I have been down several times visiting my cousin in Kilburn and it does indeed seem to be as extreme as you say.

Mate, come to tottenham, over 150 nationalities here now...the most in europe.

when i was a kid growing up, we had 5 - greeks, turks, irish, west indians and jewish...........amazing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I believe that the seven churches in Revelation unfolded in a timeline...

Ephesus - Apostolic - Jerusalem
Smyrna - Martyrs - Antioch
Pergamos - Orthodox - Constantinople
Thyatira - Catholic - Rome (Note - The spirit of Jezebel is to control and to dominate)
Sardis - Protestant - England (Thinks they arrived... Well thought so anyway)
Philadelphia - Revivals - England (Started with the dear John Wesley)
Laodicea - Materialism - United States...
I wonder if the congregations who resided within these seven cities said “Oh well….let’s not worry about these things, there meant for the churches in the centuries to come.

PS: I was just trying to find something to say so that this topic (and a few others) could be bumped.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Amen it does take being away for us to appreciate what we have here.

I shed a couple of tears when I returned to the UK after spending some time in Germany. I loved Germany but I missed home. :)

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Let's be clear, the reason Labour threw the doors wide open and let in millions of immigrants to our tiny overpopulated nation, is because they know that about 80% of immigrants vote with the LEFT. Yes, staying in power is what it was mostly about, plus some Liberal guilt.
To clarify... are you talking about ALL immigration or the recent immigration of the last 10 years or so?

Upvote 0

Simon Peter

Mar 4, 2004
America
✟4,491.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I think it is too late.

There's a slim chance that the trend could be slowed and mostly stopped, by it's unlikely now. There's not the will, and you are branded a 'racist' for even suggesting such things.

To clarify... are you talking about ALL immigration or the recent immigration of the last 10 years or so?

Well the doors were thrown wide open by the Labour party during their 12 years under Tony B.LIAR. And Cameron seems unable or unwilling to tackle the problem.

Prior to Blair immigration was much too high IMHO, but not nearly as out of control as it has become in the last 15 years.

I have nothing against controlled enforced reasonable immigration. Perhaps something like Australia practices.

peace,
Simon

Upvote 0