New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
yes...your point?
Sorry I don't follow, which theory are you agreeing with?

I don't understand why people will think its a supernova as if the star just appeared and then disappeared. The star was guiding the magi to Bethlehem, it wasn't that a special star was created and then disappeared for that ONE night. That doesn't make sense. So it couldn't have been a comet or meteorite or anything, even though those things moved.

Scripture says they saw 'his star' so does the king of the Jews have a special star assigned to him? There have been many Kings of the Jews. Had a star appeared whenever a King of the Jews was born? is there a record in the Bible of stars appearing previously?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If I understand correctly,because of astronomers, the Star of Bethlehem was the planet Venus.

Matthew: 2. 2. Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. 7. Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. 9. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. 10. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. 11. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Odd that the star went before them until it came and stood where the child was.

But we may follow Venus as we see it and it will stand over somthing else today I guess, I wonder if science can reenact the Journey of the Magi.

your scripture missed out verses, its not good to quote scripture and miss out chunks like that, its misleading. Sorry.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Seems like Jesus actually has the morning star to give away in Revelation 2:28

He seems to have seven - revelation 3:1

Would that be seven planets? Not including earth? stars, planets, heavenly bodies...are they considered the same things in the Bible?

mercury, venus, mars, jupiter, saturn, uranus, neptune. (pluto isn't included).

Upvote 0