small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, well I am not buying that line of thinking. I don't think the Word of God just uses pretty language for no reason. Jesus is not Lucifer. No way no how. But thanks for replying.

The idea of Lucifer as a force of evil is quite late developing. Isaiah also used almost the same metaphorical language when speaking very ironically of an overly proud Babylonian king Is 14:12 "How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground—mighty though you were against the nations of the world."

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
yes its metaphorical language at least that's how I'm taking it. Jesus is like the brightest star or heavenly body in the sky, that's what satan tried to be but failed.

Lucifer has become synonymous with the Devil or Satan but it actually isn't a name like Jesus is a name. Remember that Satan disguises himself as an 'angel of light'. Isaiah was before Jesus came. You know how we call famous people stars. Or when they fall from grace, they are fallen stars.

I mean Jesus isn't LITERALLY a root or a door or a vine. But he is like that.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

Dan61861

7 days without God, makes one weak.
Jul 21, 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
✟102,026.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The Bible does refer the angels as morning stars, lucifer as one of them. No where does the Bible give lucifer the title, the bright and morning star. That title is reserved for Christ.

In Christ
Daniel

Last edited:
Reactions: zippy2
Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Zippy, goto YouTube and warch A Star of Bethlehem Scientifically Proven by Christian Follower. I really think you would enjoy it, he is a Christian who had the same questions you have.

In Christ
Daniel
Thank you I will!

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well i read the book.
Basically theres lots of theories.

But the most likely was there were various conjunctions leading up to the star of bethelehem around 5b.c which was around the time of Jesus birth, (our calendars are a bit out lol!) and the star of bethelehem itself is a nova, which means it was a star that was dying as when they die, they explode and thus burn brighter.

According to this book, written by an astronomer, the stars name is theta aquilea.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Also he reckoned Jesus birthdate was around March, not decemeber, according to the seasons, as shepeherds guarding their flocks by night dont do this except in lambing season, and Jesus was born around that time, not in the middle of winter i.e by the winter solstice.

Ive heard from another source that Jesus was born around the time of the Jewish feast of the tabernacles.

Upvote 0

zippy2

Jul 18, 2015
Texas
✟15,441.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you so much for the info, Goodbook. I like the theory of a dying star or nova. It seems fitting anyway. Old things passed away, He made everything New. The king is dead, long live the King....that sort of thing. There is so much symbolism in all of it, I think. Also, I agree that He was probably born during Tabernacles. God with us.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
No reach at all. In Latin language bibles "Lucifer" is the word for Venus or "bright morning star".

Venus is also a Pagan idol that was supposed to pour out life, but what does this strawman have to do with the star of Bethlehem?

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Venus is also a Pagan idol that was supposed to pour out life, but what does this strawman have to do with the star of Bethlehem?
Some people have a theory that because venus is so bright it could have been what the wise men saw as the star of bethelehem, if in conjunction with another planet or heavenly body. Thats all.

Reactions: now faith
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Also he reckoned Jesus birthdate was around March, not decemeber, according to the seasons, as shepeherds guarding their flocks by night dont do this except in lambing season, and Jesus was born around that time, not in the middle of winter i.e by the winter solstice.

Ive heard from another source that Jesus was born around the time of the Jewish feast of the tabernacles.
It makes a really good study to trace the Old Testament promises and procedures, being fulfilled in the Lord Jesus. His resurrection corresponds for example with the feast of firstfruits.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Some people have a theory that because venus is so bright it could have been what the wise men saw as the star of bethelehem, if in conjunction with another planet or heavenly body. Thats all.

Yes because they simply must refute and replace any reference to the Devine Nature of Christ.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Er no, its because they are astronomers and now have the technology to recreate the night sky as it might have looked 2000 odd years ago.

There is night sky software that tracks the stars positions.

If I understand correctly,because of astronomers, the Star of Bethlehem was the planet Venus.

Matthew: 2. 2. Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. 7. Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, inquired of them diligently what time the star appeared. 9. When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was. 10. When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. 11. And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense, and myrrh.

Odd that the star went before them until it came and stood where the child was.

But we may follow Venus as we see it and it will stand over somthing else today I guess, I wonder if science can reenact the Journey of the Magi.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Well, i dont know, about scientists but astronomers and biblical archaelogists could.

Renenact the story. I cant remember if they kinda did that for the film the Nativity which I heard was actually filmed in Israel.

Yea thats why i was leaning toward a conjunction of venus and maybe jupiter rather than the supernova theory as supernovas wouldnt necessarily be traveling.

And note they asked at what TIME the star appeared, my dad is always saying he can see venus at certain times. Other stars in the sky just come out at night, and stay at fixed positions.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well, i dont know, about scientists but astronomers and biblical archaelogists could.

Renenact the story. I cant remember if they kinda did that for the film the Nativity which I heard was actually filmed in Israel.

Yea thats why i was leaning toward a conjunction of venus and maybe jupiter rather than the supernova theory as supernovas wouldnt necessarily be traveling.

And note they asked at what TIME the star appeared, my dad is always saying he can see venus at certain times. Other stars in the sky just come out at night, and stay at fixed positions.

I understand the need for a temporal conclusion,but if you look carefully the light of God (paraphrase ) the Star of Bethlehem was guiding there way.
In other words it was moving to direct them,it was of Devine nature.
Resting itself at the location of Christ,was a sign for all,not just the Magi.

Upvote 0