May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
:)

I hear Democrats vote in Republican primaries.

They do indeed. There is nothing stopping them from doing so.

And about some people writing in the name "Mickey Mouse" or other fictional names, I can attest to it. I worked as Dem. "inspector" on election day from 1989 to 1995 (when I resigned).

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wouldn't assume that any politician is holier than thou. Is this the best smear that Dems have this time? Obama is toast. I don't think Obama can win unless its a 3 way race involving a 3rd party. That's how Bill Clinton was elected. If not for Ross Perot, Clinton wouldn't have won his first term.

I am not a "Dem." I am registered as an Independent voter. As I have said here and in other places, I think that Mr. Gingrich lacks the integrity I require in a candidate for whom I am willing to cast my ballot. If he is the Republican nominee, I will likely leave my choice for President blank in the upcoming election.

I have also posted here that, if Ron Paul runs as a third party candidate, Mr Obama will win a second term.

As I see it, the real problem here is that the more conservative wing of the GOP does not have the numbers to elect a candidate on their own. In order to win the election, the candidate chosen will need to be able to appeal to the moderate wing of the GOP and the Independent voters. If the GOP is unwilling to court these voters, they will surely lose the election.

Upvote 0

benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
They do indeed. There is nothing stopping them from doing so.

And about some people writing in the name "Mickey Mouse" or other fictional names, I can attest to it. I worked as Dem. "inspector" on election day from 1989 to 1995 (when I resigned).

they don't count the votes if you are not registered as that party... If you are registered as a Independent- it counts but not if you are one or the other...

and I'm sure sick o ppl do that... switch parties they can rig an election but what ever..

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So Ron Paul is to Obama what what's was his name? was to Clinton.

What's his name = Ross Perot

Yes, I believe this to be true. Mr. Perot appealed to the fiscal conservative wing of the GOP and siphoned off enough votes to enable Mr Clinton to win his first term against Mr. Bush 1. He was also a factor in Mr. Clinton's second term, but I do not think Mr Dole would have won that election heads up with out Mr. Perot in the race.

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
they don't count the votes if you are not registered as that party... If you are registered as a Independent- it counts but not if you are one or the other...

and I'm sure sick o ppl do that... switch parties they can rig an election but what ever..

In my home state, as a registered Independent, I do not have a vote in either party's primary election. Not that it really matters with the GOP "winner take all" primaries. This practice leads to an early selection of the front runner, but nullifies the franchise of GOP voters in the later primaries.

The Democrat practice of awarding the delegates proportional to the primary votes received allows the later primary states to have some sort of say in the candidate selected.

By Super Tuesday, the GOP candidate is usually a forgone conclusion.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

We are talking *primary* here. And yes it is sort of like "give me a Democrat or Republican ballot because I'm not registered in either party." The worker gives them whatever ballot is necessary and a chip that is either red (for Dem) or blue (for Repub). The voters show whatever colored chip is necessary, then "vote" in the primary and then they return the colored chip to the workers and get to walk out "undecided" again.

Bene--the folks say that they are *not* registered in any party and there is no way to check if that's true or not. Heck, even people that had been dead for six years voted in the last election! :doh:That's partially the reason folks want voters to show picture I.D. (my children used to have to have that just to go to school and I know that people need that to collect foodstamps and welfare as well) before being able to vote.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm. This could explain why the GOP frontrunners are so awful. I had been blaming the idiocy of GoP voters for the Romney/Gengrich love, now I'm gonna blame Democrat conspirators. It's the more plausable explanation.

We are talking *primary* here. And yes it is sort of like "give me a Democrat or Republican ballot because I'm not registered in either party." The worker gives them whatever ballot is necessary and a chip that is either red (for Dem) or blue (for Repub). The voters show whatever colored chip is necessary, then "vote" in the primary and then they return the colored chip to the workers and get to walk out "undecided" again.

Bene--the folks say that they are *not* registered in any party and there is no way to check if that's true or not. Heck, even people that had been dead for six years voted in the last election! :doh:That's partially the reason folks want voters to show picture I.D. (my children used to have to have that just to go to school and I know that people need that to collect foodstamps and welfare as well) before being able to vote.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hmmm. This could explain why the GOP frontrunners are so awful. I had been blaming the idiocy of GoP voters for the Romney/Gengrich love, now I'm gonna blame Democrat conspirators. It's the more plausable explanation.

In the last election, Rush Limbaugh encouraged all of his conservative listeners to vote in the Democratic primaries to sway the results. If I remember, his suggestion was to vote for Ms. Clinton.

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
(off topic for a minute)

I would like to thank Mr B, my American Government teacher in high school, for his great class during the 92 election. His balanced and objective guidance allowed us to follow the issues while learning to check facts greatly advanced my understanding of the political process. I heard not long ago that he has retired.

Great teachers are hard to replace.

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Could be.

I have some cash money riding on this as we speak. If/then bets are a little strange, I admit, but if Mr. Paul runs as a third party candidate and the Republican nominee loses, my favorite charity will be $200.00 richer. If Mr. Paul does not run third party, the bet is a push.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
sylverpiano said:
In the last election, Rush Limbaugh encouraged all of his conservative listeners to vote in the Democratic primaries to sway the results. If I remember, his suggestion was to vote for Ms. Clinton.

Chelsea?

She's not old enough to run for President yet. And after seeing how cruel people were/are, I can't imagine she'd want to.

Sent from my iPhone using CF

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Chelsea?

She's not old enough to run for President yet. And after seeing how cruel people were/are, I can't imagine she'd want to.

Sent from my iPhone using CF

Sorry I was not more clear. During the last Presidential Primary season, Rush Limbaugh was encouraging his listeners to vote for Hillary Clinton in the Democratic Primary to keep the nomination from Mr Obama.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have some cash money riding on this as we speak. If/then bets are a little strange, I admit, but if Mr. Paul runs as a third party candidate and the Republican nominee loses, my favorite charity will be $200.00 richer. If Mr. Paul does not run third party, the bet is a push.

What's your favorite charity? I like World Vision and Catholic Relief Services.

Upvote 0

sylverpiano

unworthy
Oct 14, 2010
✟53,702.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟441,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I do not know of any - yes any democrat - and i know a lot in this blue state - who will either vote for Obama or anyone.

You might want to bet Obama loses and it wont matter if Ron Paul exists.
Democrats are disgusted with Obama. Flat out done with him. They will either skip voting and or vote against him.

So if anything Ron Paul will take Obama's votes.

Go ask democrats...

Upvote 0