New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is a common thing - that the more left persuaded dont see the left political affairs and what not and issues on morality as important.

Poor Cain - but he did do the right thing. It smelled of set up.

Its not so much that we don't see it. Bill Clinton was a horn dog too.

But Bill Clinton never insulted me by trying to preach to me about family values.

The left isn't into family values all that much, at least its not a part of their political language. And so there are no shouts of hypocracy when they turn out to be not so family oriented.

The right is steeped in the language of family values. But when you start talking that talk, you need to be walking that walk.

Gingrich acknowledges his sins and says — in religious language — that he has sought forgiveness.
"People have to render judgment," he said in a recent debate in Iowa. "In my case, I've said upfront openly, I've made mistakes at times. I've had to go to God for forgiveness. I've had to seek reconciliation. But I'm also a 68-year-old grandfather, and I think people have to measure who I am now and whether I'm a person they can trust."

Has he gone to his previous wives and apologized to them for it? Said that he was sorry for ruining their marriages and hurting them deeply? I might buy into it if they could confirm that he's done this. . .

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟437,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Its not so much that we don't see it. Bill Clinton was a horn dog too.

But Bill Clinton never insulted me by trying to preach to me about family values.

The left isn't into family values all that much, at least its not a part of their political language. And so there are no shouts of hypocracy when they turn out to be not so family oriented.

The right is steeped in the language of family values. But when you start talking that talk, you need to be walking that walk.

Has he gone to his previous wives and apologized to them for it? Said that he was sorry for ruining their marriages and hurting them deeply? I might buy into it if they could confirm that he's done this. . .

I dont know what he has done privately.

I have a true story - this woman's husband left her - he remarried another woman of which he was cheating on his first wife with.

It turned out he regretted remarrying because when he had a stroke the 2nd wife didnt want to help him...so he told his 1st wife.
And the 2nd wife finally went to the 1st wife and admitted to stealing him and wishing she never did...and apologizing.

The 1st wife had found peace and forgiveness. BUT if either went to the 1st wife - at the wrong time - it could have been a disaster. Time has to heal first - i guess. Then the guilty party has to let it soak in a while before confessing [in private] how horrible they acted.

Given he is on a journey - and his ex is running to the media with her stories - his heart is probably not at that stage because right now he is defensive. Human reaction to her staged anger.

Give it time. Conversion is sometimes slow and even then - God doesnt work immediately.
I posted a thread about a model who walked away from a lucrative job - because she was called by God. She walked away one day - but said it was slow in her steps to returning to God fully. She works at Catholic Exchange now - not making nearly what she did.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Obama was raised by the white members of his family but in reality if a person looks black most ppl will consider him to be black.

Obama wasn't just *raised* by the white members of his family--he *is* of both the caucasian and negroid races. (The fact that folks seem to forget that Obama had a caucasian mother is just a "pet peeve" of mine. She *counts* I always think--why are folks being discriminatory against her? They don't like the female gender?)

And it's not as simple as just "looking black". Never was. There were *always* blacks who were light colored. They called them "passing" (watch the movie "Pinky" and it was even mentioned in a "Mash" episode) or read the book The Help where they were called "high yellow".) It's simply heartbreaking. In fact, if a person had *one drop* of negroid blood (or Chinese blood, American Indian blood), he was considered "colored" and not "Caucasian" and the unfair "Jim Crow Laws" applied to him no matter how "white" he looked.

(Actually those Jim Crow Laws were the work of the Southern Democrats--yeah I was surprised when Fr. Mitch Pacwa, of EWTN fame, mentioned it in one of his lectures a few years back, but I was actually able to verify it by further research. Of course I never found out why they did it--just that they did. Sad, but I guess that's neither "here nor there". Just glad that part is over, don't want another racial re-run and certainly don't want one against genders as well.)

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟437,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Whites are the under dogs now. So maybe if i was a mix, i might not want to be known as white.
It might depend on how i would need to use what is advantageous i suppose when in a career where it depended on my race...
Politics seems to now.

Color is anything that is not stark white. When i tan - i get color. And i like it.
And i know a lot of ppl now who are mixed...and believe that someday everyone might be a mix somehow.

Just wish ppl would stick to the issues - because they are really what will sink the ship if we dont pay attention.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Poor Cain - but he did do the right thing. It smelled of set up.

It sure did. Especially the part where one of the supposed women lived in the apartment building of Obama's campaign manager, Axelrod, and once was represented by Axelrod in basically the same sort of scam! Then the very way Obama won his Senate seat (three times) sounded rather familiar...

But Cain's gentle wife, Gloria, was really being hurt by the lies, so consider that Cain's suspending his candidacy was best for her.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟437,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Yah, i know he walked away for his family.
How about the fact someone who worked for him pretended the cell calls for impropriety. I mean 'c'mon' - if someone works with you - it is basic common knowledge they will have to call you.

That was wayyy bogus and i wonder how much she made from that deal.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

κύριε ἐλέησον χριστὲ ἐλέησον
Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I dont know what he has done privately.

I have a true story - this woman's husband left her - he remarried another woman of which he was cheating on his first wife with.

It turned out he regretted remarrying because when he had a stroke the 2nd wife didnt want to help him...so he told his 1st wife.
And the 2nd wife finally went to the 1st wife and admitted to stealing him and wishing she never did...and apologizing.

The 1st wife had found peace and forgiveness. BUT if either went to the 1st wife - at the wrong time - it could have been a disaster. Time has to heal first - i guess. Then the guilty party has to let it soak in a while before confessing [in private] how horrible they acted.

Given he is on a journey - and his ex is running to the media with her stories - his heart is probably not at that stage because right now he is defensive. Human reaction to her staged anger.

Give it time. Conversion is sometimes slow and even then - God doesnt work immediately.
I posted a thread about a model who walked away from a lucrative job - because she was called by God. She walked away one day - but said it was slow in her steps to returning to God fully. She works at Catholic Exchange now - not making nearly what she did.

Well I personally am not at a point where I can trust that he is really a changed man. Everything seems a bit convient to me. Especially when he's been on this family values stuff before. . . he's probably given many speeches about family values only to walk off stage and go someplace to have sex with his mistress.

And he converted in 2009. . . that isn't a long time before he started talking about running for president. My guess is he decided to run for president before that.

I'm sorry, I'm personally just insulted on multiple levels by Newt Gingrich. I'm insulted as a Christian that he talks about God the way he does and has not made a public statement that really sounds truthfully repentent.

I'm insulted as a family man that he just carries on with family values talk the same way he did while he was sleeping around with people.

And I'm insulted as an American that he would claim that his love of country would cause him to sleep with women who where not his wife.

I'm sorry, I have to have a president I can respect, and Gingrich I can't respect. And I fully believe that he will, especially if he got to the White House find another mistress (assuming he hasn't already), divorce his current wife, marry the mistress, and probably change religions again.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟437,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Well I personally am not at a point where I can trust that he is really a changed man. Everything seems a bit convient to me. Especially when he's been on this family values stuff before. . . he's probably given many speeches about family values only to walk off stage and go someplace to have sex with his mistress.

And he converted in 2009. . . that isn't a long time before he started talking about running for president. My guess is he decided to run for president before that.

I'm sorry, I'm personally just insulted on multiple levels by Newt Gingrich. I'm insulted as a Christian that he talks about God the way he does and has not made a public statement that really sounds truthfully repentent.

I'm insulted as a family man that he just carries on with family values talk the same way he did while he was sleeping around with people.

And I'm insulted as an American that he would claim that his love of country would cause him to sleep with women who where not his wife.

I'm sorry, I have to have a president I can respect, and Gingrich I can't respect. And I fully believe that he will, especially if he got to the White House find another mistress (assuming he hasn't already), divorce his current wife, marry the mistress, and probably change religions again.

Well who would you vote for between him and Obama?

I will vote for Mickey Mouse before i vote for Obama. And i would eat my slippers too before voting for him ever.

I would not like voting for Ron Paul - tho at one time i thot i liked him. Not so much anymore since the very first debate...i would vote for him.
I would rather chew glass than vote for Mitt - but i would vote for him over Obama.

So - i guess if Newt does get in as incumbent - and i really love Santorum - if Newt gets in - perhaps hold your nose while you vote rather than vote for Bams.

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama wasn't just *raised* by the white members of his family--he *is* of both the caucasian and negroid races. (The fact that folks seem to forget that Obama had a caucasian mother is just a "pet peeve" of mine. She *counts* I always think--why are folks being discriminatory against her? They don't like the female gender?)

And it's not as simple as just "looking black". Never was. There were *always* blacks who were light colored. They called them "passing" (watch the movie "Pinky" and it was even mentioned in a "Mash" episode) or read the book The Help where they were called "high yellow".) It's simply heartbreaking. In fact, if a person had *one drop* of negroid blood (or Chinese blood, American Indian blood), he was considered "colored" and not "Caucasian" and the unfair "Jim Crow Laws" applied to him no matter how "white" he looked.

(Actually those Jim Crow Laws were the work of the Southern Democrats--yeah I was surprised when Fr. Mitch Pacwa, of EWTN fame, mentioned it in one of his lectures a few years back, but I was actually able to verify it by further research. Of course I never found out why they did it--just that they did. Sad, but I guess that's neither "here nor there". Just glad that part is over, don't want another racial re-run and certainly don't want one against genders as well.)

uhhh I agree with you, I'm a some what of a history buff myself, my point was the specific people I was refering to, whom I know personally, I was not referring to some genaral group of voters but actual people who I know, see him as black and still voted for him, most of them have no knowledge of nor would care very much about black history or Jim Crow Laws. That was an unfortunate chapter in our country's history. People vote on emotions and assusptions as well facts and their perception of the facts is more influential than the accuracy of the facts.

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Warrior Angel, I 'm not from near Imperial, I had to google it, I'm from a different county. It's funny how you said you would vote for anybody including cartoon personalities instead of Obama, I used to say the same thing about Bush. The great thing about our country is that has survived all the presidents and I am confident it will survive the next, our founding fathers were on to something.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟437,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Warrior Angel, I 'm not from near Imperial, I had to google it, I'm from a different county. It's funny how you said you would vote for anybody including cartoon personalities instead of Obama, I used to say the same thing about Bush. The great thing about our country is that has survived all the presidents and I am confident it will survive the next, our founding fathers were on to something.

If you are close enough to the Burgh, maybe some day we could meet if that suits you.
I live 2 hours away now. Close enough to visit as frequently as i like.
[you get used to the drive]

Technically, and i see you like history - world history has its place in our times. The average democracy [republic] lasts about 200 years and things change to a dictatorship - usually due to ppl being too secure. And ppl tend to disbelieve such a thing can happen. But it has.
This is why issues are imperative to follow with a fine tooth comb.

Israel used to be [OT times] free and secure.
They were sovereign. A few things caused them to lose everything.
They became sinful time and again. They were wayyy too secure in being called chosen that they felt the punishment from God over and again - til finally God gave the nation over to the different Kings of other lands and they never recovered their sovereignty again.

There are some great lessons in the OT - and i am so glad i took the OT classes. It did open my eyes to how it relates to mankind for all time.
According to Samuel - the prophet - taxes raised - is a punishment from God. So it is but another thing i am observing in our own political arena.
Always vote for the men who trust in God. Who stand behind the principle of pro life that only One Author has any right to dissolve life - and that is Our Lord.

If we allow [and it is being done] the less interested in the precepts of God - the more God will allow us to fall further into our sins, the more likely we are being allowed to be punished.
He never takes His eyes off of us.

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green
No, Newt has not apologized to his previous wives. That was one of the points made by Marianne Gingrich in response to the claims that Newt is a changed man who has atoned for his sins.

At the last debate, Newt was given the opportunity to apologize publicly and show that he is a better man. Instead, just like old Newt, he called his second wife a liar, refused to address the issue, and instead threw around lots of feigned outrage at the media for daring to question him. And the South Carolina GOP audience ate that up.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟437,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Dude, if he did apologize - then it would not be genuine. After her public attacks at this time of the elections - it was evident she wanted some limelight, and she was being vindictive.
With that in mind - Newt is being genuinely human and not pandering to the media to make himself look good.

IN time - i am sure as his conversion continues - God will work on him and his guilt might arise.
But let's not pretend his ex wife is being charitable by her media spot light. Sure she is enraged - who wouldnt be - but to bring out the laundry in public - doesnt cause ppl to come running to apologize especially since now she has something to be equally sorry for.

IF you care so much about the whole messed up exes - pray for them. Divorces can be quite ugly given the situation - but Newt is yet to be a Saint. That process and progress takes many years.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well who would you vote for between him and Obama?

I will vote for Mickey Mouse before i vote for Obama. And i would eat my slippers too before voting for him ever.

I would not like voting for Ron Paul - tho at one time i thot i liked him. Not so much anymore since the very first debate...i would vote for him.
I would rather chew glass than vote for Mitt - but i would vote for him over Obama.

So - i guess if Newt does get in as incumbent - and i really love Santorum - if Newt gets in - perhaps hold your nose while you vote rather than vote for Bams.

Like I said before, if its between him and Obama I will vote for the real family man.

I may hold my nose while doing it because I don't like Obama's politics in terms of spending. But I'll take a guy that I disagree with on something like that but can still respect at the end of the day over someone who I just can't respect. And Obama's done very will in terms of foriegn policy.

Santorum I could potentially vote for, I just have to know that he isn't going to try and make this country into a theocracy. With him I think its a legitimate concern.

Romney I don't even like that much, but I can respect him to some extent, he doesn't insult my religion, so I'd support him over Obama.

Ron Paul I'd probably go for him actually. I'm uncomfortable with his isolationist policies.

Realistically its betwen Newt and Romney now. And it doesn't really matter what I think because my vote won't count in the primary because it will most likely be decided by that time.

But not only will I not vote for Newt Gingrich, I will vote for the person most likely to keep him out of the White House.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Luther073082

Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Dude, if he did apologize - then it would not be genuine. After her public attacks at this time of the elections - it was evident she wanted some limelight, and she was being vindictive.
With that in mind - Newt is being genuinely human and not pandering to the media to make himself look good.

IN time - i am sure as his conversion continues - God will work on him and his guilt might arise.
But let's not pretend his ex wife is being charitable by her media spot light. Sure she is enraged - who wouldnt be - but to bring out the laundry in public - doesnt cause ppl to come running to apologize especially since now she has something to be equally sorry for.

IF you care so much about the whole messed up exes - pray for them. Divorces can be quite ugly given the situation - but Newt is yet to be a Saint. That process and progress takes many years.

OK OK so you are telling me you don't think he's felt guilt over cheating on two different wives yet. . . But you are willing to sit there and listen to him talk to you about God and Family?

I can't stand that. . . its just insulting.

For the record I really don't care much about what his wife said because she's obviously not going to say much positive about him regardless. However I havn't seen any evidence of repentence and yet he preaches to me about God and family.

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green
Um, what? So then Newt isn't genuinely sorry.

LOL, who are you kidding? Everything Newt does is pandering and artificial. He feigned incredible outrage over being asked the question at the CNN debate, yet he of course he was actually elated at the chance to use his obviously-rehearsed response which gave him a big boost in the polls.

Newt has had years to apologize. He never did so.

Upvote 0

Defensor Fidei

Jan 8, 2005
New York
✟4,207.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Green
For the record I really don't care much about what his wife said because she's obviously not going to say much positive about him regardless. However I havn't seen any evidence of repentence and yet he preaches to me about God and family.

After being denied an "open marriage" and demanding a divorce, the next day Newt went and gave a speech on the importance of family values.

The serial hypocrite and liar is up to the same old tricks, and it looks like some people here are falling for it.

Upvote 0

Fran75

May 3, 2011
Mason Dixon line
✟8,809.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If you are close enough to the Burgh, maybe some day we could meet if that suits you.
I live 2 hours away now. Close enough to visit as frequently as i like.
[you get used to the drive]

Sure, :wave:but in the interest of the rulse of polite conversation maybe we shouldn't discuss religion or politics, wait we already have ^_^.

Upvote 0

Luther073082

Apr 1, 2007
New Carlisle, IN
✟31,326.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
After being denied an "open marriage" and demanding a divorce, the next day Newt went and gave a speech on the importance of family values.

The serial hypocrite and liar is up to the same old tricks, and it looks like some people here are falling for it.

The problem is that she can lie just as easily as he can. I'm not saying she is lying, but I'm not ruling it out either.

My point is that I'm going off of what I do know for certain.

I know for certain that Newt has divorced 2 wives after cheating on them and then married the mistress.

I know for certain every public statement that he's ever made about the subject has sounded very pandering and not terribly repentant or apologetic.

I know that despite cheating on his wife, divorcing his wife, marrying the mistress, cheating on her, divorcing her, marrying the third mistress. . . this whole time Newt has preached on God and family values.

So I feel that is being fair. . . Now as much as I dislike him, I don't want to give too much credit to what his wife is saying. Its not that I can discredit it, its that it really can't be proven, so I'm not going to hold against him what can't be proven.

What can be proven however is more then enough for me to not respect him or trust him, see him as a hypocrite and be insulted at the way he expects to win the vote of the religious right by simpily saying "God, Family Values, and Patirotism while he does not seem to live it.

Upvote 0