The question the "Responsible Grace"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PreciousMessage

The entire treatise is flawed by a misunderstanding of Ex 3:19; The writer has assumed that were the LORD says "And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go" the LORD is speaking of the foreknowledge He has of Pharaohs actions...not so...the LORD merely states a know fact of His still emerging plan to Moses to liberate the Jews. The reason that the LORD can be "sure" is revealed explicitly later in Ex 4:21 where the LORD says "but I will harden his heart"

Question for you...Did God speak these words as recorded in scripture "I will harden his heart, so that he will" (Ex 4:21) Yes or No ?

:)

Hi Brother,

" treatise," certainly a "tribal community consensus term." Thanks, YES, YES, YES, God hardened Pharhaoh's heart. But not until Pharaoh hated everyone of God's merciful calls of mercy. Let us not reject the calls of Christ. You take care brother.

God loves you,

John S.

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Brother,

"treatise," certainly a "tribal" community consensus term." Thanks, YES, YES, YES, God hardened Pharhaoh's heart. But not until Pharaoh hated everyone of God's merciful calls of mercy. Let us not reject the calls of Christ. You take care brother.

God loves you,

John S.

ACTUALLY , it's the other way about , God hardened Pharoah's heart in order that Pharoah would certainly harden his own heart , for if God waited to harden Pharoah's heart , then seeing the Pharoah's heart hardened , it would make utterly redundant the need for God to do it , God's hardening of this sinner would be surperfluous!

what few seem to realise is God's reason (Romans 9) for hardening this sinner . God did it to demonstate His Glory over this "god" , in other words , God premeditated , planned and disclosed to Moses the overthrow of this King that had been raised up for THIS purpose !

Romans 9

[17] For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
[18] Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
[19] Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
[20] Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
[21] Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Upvote 0
P

PreciousMessage

ACTUALLY , it's the other way about , God hardened Pharoah's heart in order that Pharoah would certainly harden his own heart , for if God waited to harden Pharoah's heart , then seeing the Pharoah's heart hardened , it would make utterly redundant the need for God to do it , God's hardening of this sinner would be surperfluous!

what few seem to realise is God's reason (Romans 9) for hardening this sinner . God did it to demonstate His Glory over this "god" , in other words , God premeditated , planned and disclosed to Moses the overthrow of this King that had been raised up for THIS purpose !

Romans 9

[17] For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
[18] Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
[19] Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
[20] Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
[21] Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Hi Brother,
You are correct, if mercy is continually and deliberately rejected, then God can do nothing for the sinner, he or she has chosen his or her path. God is merciful to you,. It's evident that you chose justice, negating mercy, except when it comes to your own salvation, as if you are the "elected" above the rest. You rest on feelings not scripture. Yet you have revealed a harsh spirit, but your character will reveal that I have. God loves you brother.

John Wesley, one of the great reformers, said that those who have decided they are elect have decided that sin is ok, and that many have given up because they do not know if they are the elect. It's either PRIDE or Total humiliation. I have seen pride, but not a hint of humiliation.

I have given you both sides of scripture, mercy and justice, you have only given me justice, the law, if you will. Your emails have revealed the same character.

Bless you in Christ,
John

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟33,604.00
Faith
Calvinist
I`ll make you a deal. Put in a week down in "General Apologetics" and I`ll answer that question and on your terms. I`ll check to see if you put in the labor....;)
Only "snakes in the grass" need to cut a deal before answering a simple question.

Maybe you should look at your own works instead of blowing your own trumpet.

:D

Upvote 0

Oye11

Veteran
May 25, 2006
Florida
✟17,913.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Democrat
Only "snakes in the grass" need to cut a deal before answering a simple question.

Maybe you should look at your own works instead of blowing your own trumpet.

:D

I`ve already seen yours, and that`s my decision. You want to demand a yes or no from me I told you what you got to do to get it. Take it or leave it....:D

P.S. I`ve had my exegesis of 1 Corinthians 9-23-27 up in Christian Forums 4 times without any Calvinist replies so don`t feel bad....;)

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟33,604.00
Faith
Calvinist
I`ve already seen yours, and that`s my decision. You want to demand a yes or no from me I told you what you got to do to get it. Take it or leave it....:D

P.S. I`ve had my exegesis of 1 Corinthians 9-23-27 up in Christian Forums 4 times without any Calvinist replies so don`t feel bad....;)
You are like your mentor Ben johnson...of low integrity.

Unable to answer a simple question.

Running from the truth.

Did God speak these words as recorded in scripture "I will harden his heart, so that he will' (Ex 4:21) YES or NO?

Do you suffer from the same "unbelief" that your mentor Ben johnson suffers from?

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟33,604.00
Faith
Calvinist
Hi Brother,

" treatise," certainly a "tribal community consensus term." Thanks, YES, YES, YES, God hardened Pharhaoh's heart. But not until Pharaoh hated everyone of God's merciful calls of mercy. Let us not reject the calls of Christ. You take care brother.

God loves you,

John S.
And you get yourself a good night sleep....you'll feel better in the morning.

Upvote 0

Oye11

Veteran
May 25, 2006
Florida
✟17,913.00
Faith
Methodist
Politics
US-Democrat
You are like your mentor Ben johnson...of low integrity.

Unable to answer a simple question.

Running from the truth.

Did God speak these words as recorded in scripture "I will harden his heart, so that he will' (Ex 4:21) YES or NO?

Do you suffer from the same "unbelief" that your mentor Ben johnson suffers from?

:sleep: Go down and minister to the skeptics for a week, or, dig up my 1 Corinthians 9-23-27 post from last week and take a run in my arena. I don`t take orders from an internet troll, just a principle of mine.... :D

Upvote 0

moonbeam

Site Supporter
Jul 16, 2004
✟33,604.00
Faith
Calvinist
:sleep: Go down and minister to the skeptics for a week, or, dig up my 1 Corinthians 9-23-27 post from last week and take a run in my arena. I don`t take orders from an internet troll, just a principle of mine.... :D
Take a disprin and lie down for a while...your starting to spin out.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi Brother,
You are correct, if mercy is continually and deliberately rejected, then God can do nothing for the sinner, he or she has chosen his or her path. God is merciful to you,. It's evident that you chose justice, negating mercy, except when it comes to your own salvation, as if you are the "elected" above the rest. You rest on feelings not scripture. Yet you have revealed a harsh spirit, but your character will reveal that I have. God loves you brother.

John Wesley, one of the great reformers, said that those who have decided they are elect have decided that sin is ok, and that many have given up because they do not know if they are the elect. It's either PRIDE or Total humiliation. I have seen pride, but not a hint of humiliation.

I have given you both sides of scripture, mercy and justice, you have only given me justice, the law, if you will. Your emails have revealed the same character.

Bless you in Christ,
John

hi brother , i am correct if mercy is to remain FREE :)

when God hardens a man it is a sovereign act that will certainly RESULT in the person hardening their own hearts , cause and effect .

yet those who argue man is first (unscriptural) have no "cause and effect" at all , for then man is already self hardened leaving God redundant !

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.