deg

Mar 2, 2003
Visit site
✟8,019.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
Matthew 5:8

Evening all.

I was just exercised a bit about the pure in heart. I think that I thought that this principle God is speaking about is something afar off, distant in the 'empyrean heights' of God's own purity and righteousness, something perfect and untouchable. Is purity of heart a cleanliness of ineer vision and experience? Yes, that is part of it, undoubtedly. But I think that there is something far simpler to purity of heart that the Lord requires of the righteous. And that is simply this:

to keep your mouth and life in line with each other.
It's very simple. It's not difficult. Pride may have to give way to truth in certain situations to ensure it, but it will pay great dividends. How hard can it be to simply keep your mouth in line with how you live? If you fall short, be honest. If you excell, be honest, but not for arrogance! Stay far from that, instead rejoice that God thought of you very specially and wonderfully when you were designed with His purposes and your joy in mind. "By the grace of God, I am what I am." If you sin, be honest. If you disagree with someone, gently tell them so, in keeping with the situation. If you err at work, be honest with your employer; not to expose every fault, but to come clean when the time arrives. It will bless you abundantly, and pave your way for greater blessing. It's a great foundation upon which to build. But remember, a thousand theories and doctrines are not to be compared with one honest soul who begins to obey, and to put their life behind their faith, and their tongue in line with both.

Be blessed! It's so simple, you may miss it! Don't miss it.

For He said, "Surely they are My people, Children who will not lie." So He became their Savior. Isa 63:8
"Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so." Jam 3:10

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Evening all.

I was just exercised a bit about the pure in heart. I think that I thought that this principle God is speaking about is something afar off, distant in the 'empyrean heights' of God's own purity and righteousness, something perfect and untouchable. Is purity of heart a cleanliness of ineer vision and experience? Yes, that is part of it, undoubtedly. But I think that there is something far simpler to purity of heart that the Lord requires of the righteous. And that is simply this:

It's very simple. It's not difficult. Pride may have to give way to truth in certain situations to ensure it, but it will pay great dividends. How hard can it be to simply keep your mouth in line with how you live? If you fall short, be honest. If you excell, be honest, but not for arrogance! Stay far from that, instead rejoice that God thought of you very specially and wonderfully when you were designed with His purposes and your joy in mind. "By the grace of God, I am what I am." If you sin, be honest. If you disagree with someone, gently tell them so, in keeping with the situation. If you err at work, be honest with your employer; not to expose every fault, but to come clean when the time arrives. It will bless you abundantly, and pave your way for greater blessing. It's a great foundation upon which to build. But remember, a thousand theories and doctrines are not to be compared with one honest soul who begins to obey, and to put their life behind their faith, and their tongue in line with both.

For He said, "Surely they are My people, Children who will not lie." So He became their Savior. Isa 63:8
"Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so." Jam 3:10

There are people that have been to the throne in spirit.

All The Glory Belongs To God!

Upvote 0
B

BruceG

Evening all.

A great idea, but sadly, that is not what God meant by it. What good is it if the thoughts are in our hearts even if you do not speak them out? It is the heart where our problem lies, not our actions. Our actions, our words, are nothing more than a mirror revealing our heart. Oh, we can reign it in a notch, but at best it will be a white knuckle walk, not a relaxed joy filled one. God meant pure. God meant holy. The key then is, if this is the truth, that we let the word of God judge us, find us guilty and in need of a miracle, because God has one to give all who come to Him. Unfortunately, nothing will happen until we hunger and thirst after it and that part is not pleasant.

God help us to see that He offers real freedom, not a play-like "sorts-kinds-not really" freedom. Unbelief has gripped our hearts and is choking life out of us like a vice. God help us to discover again a God who can truly cause us to will and to do of His good pleasure.He can. He will, if onoy we will believe for it is always, always, always, according to our faith be it unto us.

We serve a God who is far more willing to take responsibility for our walsk than we ever thought possible. May God bless all in their search for freedom. Do not follow the temptation to lower the standard, but rather let us find the secret to lift up our experience to meet it. May God bless you.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.