Jul 20, 2006
Victorville, California, CorpUSA
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, the law of Christ supersedes the law of moses. The council only recommended such things for the gentiles to follow,..
Funny I thought they were commanded.

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; Act 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

The main thrust of the letter was that the gentiles were not required to honor the law of moses, as some were trying to force upon them, they were now under the law of Christ and children of Abraham.
The 'law of Christ' doesn't come with a set of stipulations that one can use and misuse their body as they see fit. We are to walk as He walked. He never ate pigs.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,171.44
Faith
Messianic
Because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so" (Rom. 8:7)

So to say this another way...

The flesh does not abide or obey the law of God because it can't..

and the opposite is also true...

The spirit will abide and obey the law of God because it can..

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; Act 15:29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

The 'law of Christ' doesn't come with a set of stipulations that one can use and misuse their body as they see fit. We are to walk as He walked. He never ate pigs.

Eating pigs has absolutely nothing to do with the health of the body RND...
...It was a food law that aided in separating Israel from the other nations / peoples of the earth.

The longest and most in-depth longevity study ever done....
...Has concluded FOOD WAS NOT A FACTOR.

The Longevity Project

The National Geographic not long ago conducted it's own study....
...Even mentioning the SDA's along with other demographic sectors of peoples.
...And again concluded FOOD WAS NOT A FACTOR.

That eating pork in some way is a misuse of ones body is total rubbish....
...But given Ellen White's prophetic utterances on the subject.
...I can understand why you would say eating pork equates to misuse of the body.

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Luke 2,27
And he came by the Spirit into the temple. And when his parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him ACCORDING to the custom OF the law

Luke 2,39
And when they had performed all things ACCORDING to the law of the Lord, they returned into Galilee, to their own city Nazareth

Jesus was clear that nothing would pass ( or change ) from "the law" until all was fulfilled...
...We see the Apostles and Christ Himself state changes in "the law".
...Therefore Christ fulfilled all things writen in the law and the Prophets.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Eating pigs has absolutely nothing to do with the health of the body RND...
...It was a food law that aided in separating Israel from the other nations / peoples of the earth.
Pythons no matter how one tries to slice it eating pigs has been proven over and over by study after study to be unheathful to the point that the USDA doesn't even grade "cuts" of pork.

The longest and most in-depth longevity study ever done....
...Has concluded FOOD WAS NOT A FACTOR.

The Longevity Project

The National Geographic not long ago conducted it's own study....
...Even mentioning the SDA's along with other demographic sectors of peoples.
...And again concluded FOOD WAS NOT A FACTOR.

That eating pork in some way is a misuse of ones body is total rubbish....
...But given Ellen White's prophetic utterances on the subject.
...I can understand why you would say eating pork equates to misuse of the body.
Denial of God's recommendations for the human body can certainly be contagious I'll give you that.

Upvote 0

Pythons

Feb 17, 2008
✟5,503.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Pythons no matter how one tries to slice it eating pigs has been proven over and over by study after study to be unheathful to the point that the USDA doesn't even grade "cuts" of pork.

Not correct, ANY pork 'cut' you find in the store has been graded and found to be "Acceptable Grade" BY the USDA...
...If a Hog producer opts OUT of USDA grading - those Hogs simply go to sausage, hotdogs, etc.
Fresh Pork from Farm to Table | USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service

What studies show that lean cuts of pork are bad for ones health past that of lean cuts of beef?
...I would certainly look at them if you could direct me.

My Medical Doctor is a practicing "Jew" and he was unaware that a pork chop is "unhealthy".....
....And yes, I asked him that question based on an earlier discussion I had with you back on the old SDA forum.

Pork falls under the same rubrics whereas the USDA is concerned as does Chicken....
...And the last time I checked Chicken is indeed listed as a "clean animal" to eat under the law of Moses.
...Yet according to the CDC poultry is the LEADING cause of food illness, period.
...With Beef and leafy veges a close 2nd.

No - Dice.

RND said:
Denial of God's recommendations for the human body can certainly be contagious I'll give you that.

The law of Moses ( which actually is the law of God ) "commanded" that pork be abstained from...
...I don't think it could be considered a recommendation.
...The same as circumcision was commanded, observing the Yearly, monthy and weekly feasts were commanded.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
B

bbbbbbb

This past week I had the privilege of visiting a house museum whose last inhabitant died at the tender age of 103 with all his wits about him, having dined his entire life on pork (and other meat) and having drunk water from the lead piping in the house.

If pork eating kills prematurely, I think I will start eating more so I can live to 103 with all my wits about me.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Act 15:28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

Paul explains this

1Cr 8:7...for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

He talks about the weak conscience of both sides (of the Jews) which would eat with offence and likewise the Gentiles (who practiced offering meats unto idols) and this is written to them. So Paul speaks to "this present hour" is why the Holy Ghost laid no further burden then these which be nessesary given the state of their conscience as it pertained to former practices. He even shows how their conscience is weak, until their consciences are stronger wherein he would not condemn himself in the thing he can (then) allow. Then you can understand this in accord with Pauls words which appears to explain these things. He exercised himself to have a conscience void of offense toward God and man, likewise tried to consider the weak (on both sides) to give none offense to either the Jew, Gentiles or Church of God in all things that way.

Upvote 0

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Not correct, ANY pork 'cut' you find in the store has been graded and found to be "Acceptable Grade" BY the USDA...
...If a Hog producer opts OUT of USDA grading - those Hogs simply go to sausage, hotdogs, etc.
Fresh Pork from Farm to Table | USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service

Best get your facts straight: Inspection & Grading of Meat and Poultry: What Are the Differences?

"Pork
Pork is not graded with USDA quality grades as it is generally produced from young animals that have been bred and fed to produce more uniformly tender meat."

What studies show that lean cuts of pork are bad for ones health past that of lean cuts of beef?
...I would certainly look at them if you could direct me.
Pork by it's nature isn't "lean" in that the distribution of fat is different than that of beef. This distribution which is "intercellular" is much more unheathy than beef:

"1. Pork does not contain an enormous amount of fat, even the so-called "lean pork" in contrast to other types of meat such as beef, lamb, etc. Pork contains much intra-cellular fat or particles of fat inside the cells themselves, while in other animals, the fat is found almost exclusively outside these cells in the connective tissues, in the form of fat cells. Occasionally in aged beef, it is possible to find small amounts of fat in the cells themselves, while in pork, the cells have generally a high percentage of fatty particles. This can, for example be seen when even "lean pork" is fried. It immediately releases fat in a hot frying pan and is usually fried "in its own fat". Since fat contains about twice as many calories as carbohydrates and proteins, it is, especially among heavy eaters, first of all stored for convenience in the connective tissue. As a result, the adiposity common to those who consume pork, including the other stress substances found in pork, i.e. mucous constituents, can only be broken down with difficulty. This corresponds in part to the "protein fattening" referred to by Wendt."

My Medical Doctor is a practicing "Jew" and he was unaware that a pork chop is "unhealthy".....
Find a new doctor then.

....And yes, I asked him that question based on an earlier discussion I had with you back on the old SDA forum.
Great! Did your Jewish doc create you?

Pork falls under the same rubrics whereas the USDA is concerned as does Chicken....
...And the last time I checked Chicken is indeed listed as a "clean animal" to eat under the law of Moses.
...Yet according to the CDC poultry is the LEADING cause of food illness, period.
...With Beef and leafy veges a close 2nd.

No - Dice.
Any of these items, ill-handled and ill-prepared, can cause one to get ill no question. But then again that's not the point.

The law of Moses ( which actually is the law of God ) "commanded" that pork be abstained from...
I guess the creator knows His creation.

...I don't think it could be considered a recommendation.
...The same as circumcision was commanded, observing the Yearly, monthy and weekly feasts were commanded.
What did circumcision harken to versus the feasts?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RND

Senior Veteran
Jul 20, 2006
Visit site
✟23,772.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Paul explains this

1Cr 8:7...for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

He talks about the weak conscience of both sides (of the Jews) which would eat with offence and likewise the Gentiles (who practiced offering meats unto idols) and this is written to them. So Paul speaks to "this present hour" is why the Holy Ghost laid no further burden then these which be nessesary given the state of their conscience as it pertained to former practices. He even shows how their conscience is weak, until their consciences are stronger wherein he would not condemn himself in the thing he can (then) allow. Then you can understand this in accord with Pauls words which appears to explain these things. He exercised himself to have a conscience void of offense toward God and man, likewise tried to consider the weak (on both sides) to give none offense to either the Jew, Gentiles or Church of God in all things that way.
I was unaware that Paul had the aurhority to override God Himself. News to me.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

He did not

Ezekiel 37:23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them **out of** all their dwellingplaces, **wherein** they have sinned, and will **cleanse them**: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

1Cr 8:7...for some with **conscience** of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

Shows the same here...

1Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh,but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

Its always been about the good conscience RND.

Thats why the old was done away because it could never perfect that which PERTAINS TO THE CONSCIENCE" and although all things were lawful not all profitable, it was because of the WEAK (and even as that likewise pertained to their weak conscience) till Christ strengthens them.

1Ti 1:19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought it was about faith and trust in God.

Missed this, let me rehilight it for you and add one

1Ti 1:19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:

Heb 9:14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
progress.gif

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again this way...

Heb 9:9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

Heb 7:19 For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Heres another

1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:

Ti 1:5 Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by Fireinfolding Paul explains this

How the heck to you come up with that nonsense? :confused: :doh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fireinfolding
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
This past week I had the privilege of visiting a house museum whose last inhabitant died at the tender age of 103 with all his wits about him, having dined his entire life on pork (and other meat) and having drunk water from the lead piping in the house.

If pork eating kills prematurely, I think I will start eating more so I can live to 103 with all my wits about me.
Sounds like that should be on "Ripley's Believe it or not" :p

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Originally Posted by winslow All has not yet been fulfilled. He is coming again, and bringing His reward with Him.
Let's reason this out winslow,

Matthew 5,17
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall IN NO WISE PASS from the law, till ALL be fulfilled.

Would you agree that the observance of circumcision & the Liturgical rubrics of Judaism have passed from the law?
...Because of the merits of Christ?

Christ did say that NOTHING would pass from "the law" till ALL be fulfilled...
...I'm guessing that there are things you would agree that have passed from "the law".
Good point! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0