Jesus perfectly complied with the Law of God - Perfectly fulfilled the Law of God

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, and then

You then proceed to quote Zechariah 14: 16-19

When during Jesus first coming was the following prophecy fulfilled?
What's the purpose in going over that again? I've answered all your objections. I will do nothing but give you the exact same answers no matter how many times you want to go over it.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's the purpose in going over that again?
I'm asking for more details. For example, I'm now asking which nations do you believe came up against Jerusalem during Jesus' first coming?

I've answered all your objections.
I disagree. Perhaps you didn't understand what I was asking.

It's a discussion forum. If you don't want to discuss more details of this issue, that's fine :heart:

I will do nothing but give you the exact same answers no matter how many times you want to go over it.

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm asking for more details. For example, I'm now asking which nations do you believe came up against Jerusalem during Jesus' first coming?

I disagree. Perhaps you didn't understand what I was asking.

It's a discussion forum. If you don't want to discuss more details of this issue, that's fine :heart:
It's another conditional prophecy like Jonah's prophecy that Nineveh would be destroyed and the prophecy beginning in Ezekiel 40 of a 3rd temple.

I understood your question very well. I just don't see the purpose in extended wrangling over the issue. I will not change my beliefs and in all the discussions we have had neither have you.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's another conditional prophecy like Jonah's prophecy that Nineveh would be destroyed and the prophecy beginning in Ezekiel 40 of a 3rd temple.
What were the conditions that were not met?

I understood your question very well. I just don't see the purpose in extended wrangling over the issue. I will not change my beliefs and in all the discussions we have had neither have you.
It doesn't have to be about changing people's beliefs. It's good to talk about the law.

"Talk about them when you walk along the road." That's what we're doing :heart:

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

It doesn't have to be about changing people's beliefs. It's good to talk about the law.

"Talk about them when you walk along the road." That's what we're doing :heart:
The disobedience of the Jews.

Jeremiah 18: 7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Jeremiah 18: 7 At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
8 If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
9 And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
10 If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
The Jews were obedient, and that's why they weren't attacked by a lot of nations during the time of Jesus?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Jews were obedient, and that's why they weren't attacked by a lot of nations during the time of Jesus?
The people who murdered Jesus were obedient? You make some outrageous statements. They only reason the weren't attacked in Jesus' day is they were a part of the Roman empire. Rome had conquered them almost a century before Jesus was born.

Are you going to argue against that too?

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The people who murdered Jesus were obedient? You make some outrageous statements. They only reason the weren't attacked in Jesus' day is they were a part of the Roman empire. Rome had conquered them almost a century before Jesus was born.

Are you going to argue against that too?
Gary, my man, here's the chain:

So you were saying that the Jews were not disobedient. I wanted to clarify that and ask if you were saying that the Jews at that time were obedient.

Usually if someone is not disobedient, they are obedient.

Are you saying that the Jews were not obedient, that they were disobedient?

Upvote 0

Gary K

an old small town kid
Aug 23, 2002
Visit site
✟97,606.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Gary, my man, here's the chain:

So you were saying that the Jews were not disobedient. I wanted to clarify that and ask if you were saying that the Jews at that time were obedient.

Usually if someone is not disobedient, they are obedient.

Are you saying that the Jews were not obedient, that they were disobedient?
What?

I see no point is discussing this further. You now seem to be off in outer space to me as you're denying things I've never seen a Christian deny before

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What?

I see no point is discussing this further. You now seem to be off in outer space to me as you're denying things I've never seen a Christian deny before
What am I denying? I'm asking you questions about what you're saying.

Regarding Zechariah 14:16-19,
I'm asking you to clarify those conditions.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟113,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Everyone is traveling to Jerusalem?

Yes, once upon awakening, once before going to sleep, and three times daily in the prayer times: between the evenings in the midst of the evening, mid-morning, and midday, (Psa 55:17), with the windows of my upper chamber open toward Yerushalem of above, (Dan 6:10). But of course we pray without ceasing, as even Paul says, so these are merely the five major and most well-known prayer times including the three hours of prayer expounded in the scripture. Indeed, Heb 12:22-24 is the truth, and when I come forth from worshiping before the Most High, I do indeed look upon the cut-off body part-carcasses of the men who have transgressed against the Most High, (Isa 66:24, Mrk 9:43-50), for their worm does not die, and their fire is not quenched, and we are to be living sacrifices, which is our reasonable service, (Rom 12:1). Fear not, O Yakob, you worm! (Isa 41:14). :)

• Informative
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟663,126.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am glad we agree on something.

Read the actual details in the OP - both ceremonial and moral law examples are dealt with .
That is so funny since Jesus didn't mention that He only came to fulfill a portion of the Law. It would seem that Jeus was very explicit that not one jot nor one tittle would pass from the Law until ALL is fulfilled.

If you believe only a portion of the Law has been fulfilled, then what do you do with the word "ALL"? Remember one meaning of the word "fulfilled" is "brought to an end".
No such statement in 2 Cor 3.
9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
1 Cor 7:19 "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of God" --- as already noted in the OP.
All you are doing is surmising Commandments of God means the ten. Jesus is God Bob and Jesus told us He kept His Father's commands (Torah) and asks us to keep His command to love others as he loves us. Jn15:10-14. John in 1Jn3:19-24 confirms Jesus words in Jn15. So, your belief that keeping God's commands only means the ten, some meat laws and your modified false tithing system is nothing but a farse.
So says Heb 10:4-12 -- another point where we apparently agree.
I agree the sacrificial system has been fulfilled along with the entire old covenant system of laws.

By the way. I dassent corrupt the thread, but I must ask you a question concerning verse 12 "But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God," Do you agree with Ellen that Jesus didn't take His place at the right hand of God at His ascension? Remember Ellen has Jesus in a compartment doing the investigative judging. According to Ellen He has been there since 1844 and is still sorting who will and who won't. God made everything in six days, but poor Jesus has been sorting all this time and He is still not finished. I wonder if Jesus takes a day off once in a while?

What say you?

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, once upon awakening, once before going to sleep, and three times daily in the prayer times: between the evenings in the midst of the evening, mid-morning, and midday, (Psa 55:17), with the windows of my upper chamber open toward Yerushalem of above, (Dan 6:10). But of course we pray without ceasing, as even Paul says, so these are merely the five major and most well-known prayer times including the three hours of prayer expounded in the scripture. Indeed, Heb 12:22-24 is the truth, and when I come forth from worshiping before the Most High, I do indeed look upon the cut-off body part-carcasses of the men who have transgressed against the Most High, (Isa 66:24, Mrk 9:43-50), for their worm does not die, and their fire is not quenched, and we are to be living sacrifices, which is our reasonable service, (Rom 12:1). Fear not, O Yakob, you worm! (Isa 41:14). :)
Interesting :heart: Do you believe this is happening not only every Sabbath, but every new moon as well?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
✟113,358.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
That's fine, but is it something happening in addition to the weekly Sabbath?

Weekly Shabbat? There is also a Shabbat hour, the seventh hour of every sacred calendar day, in every day of the year, for as long as the earth and the world endure. But with that also we would be drifting into hefty a calendar discussion.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟181,087.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Weekly Shabbat? There is also a Shabbat hour, the seventh hour of every sacred calendar day, in every day of the year, for as long as the earth and the world endure. But with that also we would be drifting into hefty a calendar discussion.
Okay, I understand that as a Yes, there is something at the end of Isaiah being celebrated in addition to the seventh day referred to here

Reactions: daq
Upvote 0