• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

the lady on the bus

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
I went out with my husband to get my nieces normally we sit at the back of the bus together the 4 of us today on the way back home the bus was full of people we went to go off the bus and an old women wanted to help me get down the step but i shout at her i dont like to be touched but i never meant to be in a rude way my husband apologized and we got off the bus i was so scared she was going to touch me i thought maybe that i might hurt her if she did
My husband said it a fight or flight thing he says with the type of person i am i go more likely for the flight

Am worried about going on buses again and that someone will touch me
I need to get my hair cut as my fringe is over my face i have to go to a hair dressers but am scared i might hurt her/him

Tonight am feeling bad as well thoughts will not leave me alone
keep thinking about babies and people shaking them there was something in the news about a women who shook a baby and it died
Also another one about a baby with a head injury
keep thinking that its my fault

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟473,561.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i obsess about hitting people that i dont know
the thoughts are there over and over and over
i dont know if i would but am not risking it happening
Am obsessed with my thoughts some time its like i need to wash my hands over and over
I also count...1...2...3...1...2...3...1...2...3...
My OCD is also religious as well i get blasphemous thoughts as well over and over
i dont know why thought

Upvote 0

emilie mayer

Jun 22, 2013
✟15,776.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thoughts bother you and thats a fot sure sign that you wouldnt hurt anyone. People who go around hurting people arent scared of doing it, arent afraid of doing it,and sure dont care if they do it. A lot of people have the same intrusive thoughts you have. I have also had thoughts like that even about my own child. Anxiety latches itself onto things we are most concerned about. The more you try and stop the thoughts the more they will happen. Pray to God for wisdom and for strength to press forward. Im praying for you. By the way what we watch on tv, or music we listen to ect. Can influance the thoughts aswell so be chosey on those things. Listen to christian music and pray.

Upvote 0