Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been going to the parks and sharing the Gospel for about a year and a half now. During this time, Satan has tried to discourage me in several ways. So, I thought I would list them so that you may see how Satan will do his best to bring you down.

1. Just as I was starting to share the Gospel, I had a church member ring me and yell at me telling me that the Holy Spirit is not with me. (Since then, the person has returned to me and apologised, and we are still good friends. He has even said that what I am doing is right and we should all be doing more of it.)
2. A certain leader of the church told me that we are no longer to go out and share the Gospel by speaking it out aloud. He told me that what I am doing can scare people away from Christ. He said that now we are to do it differently. We are to make friends with the unbeliever first and then share the Gospel. So, this leader would not support me in speaking the Gospel publicly. The church would not even support a BBQ. I was very disheartened. (NOTE: I do evangelism in a very similar way as what is taught in "Way of the Master". Living Waters. Ray Comfort.)
3. I have been told by a church member that since this leader does not agree with sharing the Gospel in public, that I should not be going out and sharing. He said that I was going against the church by doing so.
4. I have been called a false teacher by a church leader because I think a non-believer needs to see his sin first and know that he has sinned against God and needs to come to repentance. This member believes that you can be saved in "many ways". SHE IS VERY WRONG. Jesus died for our sins, so we need to know we have sinned against Him.
5. When I first started practising how to say the Gospel, I spent hours each day saying it aloud. I wanted to get it right as I did not want to bring disrepute to the Gospel by having a poor presentation. But, because my children heard me practising, a member of the church said that my kids were being scared away from God because the message I had was scary and judgemental. (My kids are in their teens. Aged 13-20 and they have a strong faith)
6. I have lost friends. These friends have come and apologised but sadly, things will never be the same. (We are still friends but not as close)
7. I have had some people get angry at me while sharing the Gospel. This is expected though. Jesus even said people would hate us if we shared the Gospel. (Bad News and the Good News)
8. I was shut down at a Christian music festival for saying the Gospel in 1 to 1 evangelism. In saying this, I had not arranged with the organisers if I could do this. So, it is really my fault. But I was very disappointed.
9. Today I went to the park and said the Gospel to a lady. She said that she was adamantly against God and that she was a hardcore atheist. Then, this afternoon I had a phone call from the police asking what I was doing in the park. They heard from this lady that I had been giving chocolates to little children. So, I had to explain that I share the Gospel with as many people as possible and I initiate the conversation with a challenge where people can win chocolate. I explained that I try to talk to people from about the age of 12 and upwards. (Many kids have not heard the Gospel and the older they get, the more likely they will put up walls against God. So we need to talk to them). The police officer did not tell me that I was not allowed to share the Gospel but that I just needed to know that some people may not like it.

Now, I know that many people are persecuted unto death. So, this list is very minor really. But I thought that I would post this to show you different ways in which Satan will try to bring you down and stop you from sharing. He can do it from within the church and from the outside.
Anyway, if you are getting persecuted for sharing the Gospel, do not let it get you down. Instead, rejoice. God Bless.

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why evangelize at a park & not at a red-light district?

Why oppress the weak, when there is a beast.
I don't understand what you mean. But for one, we have no red-light district in my town and the park is one place where people are not rushing from point A to point B. So, they have time to talk.
Jesus said to go and preach the Gospel to all creation. So, to tell the Gospel to the weak and strong.

Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I am glad that you are caring enough to share the gospel. I used to do that when I was younger and trying to start back up again. The devil pulls out all kinds of tricks and distractions. If you are not doing this already, keep praying and ask others for God to show you who is most fruitful and pave the way spiritually for better results. To me that always seems to help. Thank God in the USA we are free to share.

Upvote 0

chrisovery

Jun 8, 2014
✟11,828.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I have been going to the parks and sharing the Gospel for about a year and a half now. During this time, Satan has tried to discourage me in several ways. So, I thought I would list them so that you may see how Satan will do his best to bring you down.

1. Just as I was starting to share the Gospel, I had a church member ring me and yell at me telling me that the Holy Spirit is not with me. (Since then, the person has returned to me and apologised, and we are still good friends. He has even said that what I am doing is right and we should all be doing more of it.)
2. A certain leader of the church told me that we are no longer to go out and share the Gospel by speaking it out aloud. He told me that what I am doing can scare people away from Christ. He said that now we are to do it differently. We are to make friends with the unbeliever first and then share the Gospel. So, this leader would not support me in speaking the Gospel publicly. The church would not even support a BBQ. I was very disheartened. (NOTE: I do evangelism in a very similar way as what is taught in "Way of the Master". Living Waters. Ray Comfort.)
3. I have been told by a church member that since this leader does not agree with sharing the Gospel in public, that I should not be going out and sharing. He said that I was going against the church by doing so.
4. I have been called a false teacher by a church leader because I think a non-believer needs to see his sin first and know that he has sinned against God and needs to come to repentance. This member believes that you can be saved in "many ways". SHE IS VERY WRONG. Jesus died for our sins, so we need to know we have sinned against Him.
5. When I first started practising how to say the Gospel, I spent hours each day saying it aloud. I wanted to get it right as I did not want to bring disrepute to the Gospel by having a poor presentation. But, because my children heard me practising, a member of the church said that my kids were being scared away from God because the message I had was scary and judgemental. (My kids are in their teens. Aged 13-20 and they have a strong faith)
6. I have lost friends. These friends have come and apologised but sadly, things will never be the same. (We are still friends but not as close)
7. I have had some people get angry at me while sharing the Gospel. This is expected though. Jesus even said people would hate us if we shared the Gospel. (Bad News and the Good News)
8. I was shut down at a Christian music festival for saying the Gospel in 1 to 1 evangelism. In saying this, I had not arranged with the organisers if I could do this. So, it is really my fault. But I was very disappointed.
9. Today I went to the park and said the Gospel to a lady. She said that she was adamantly against God and that she was a hardcore atheist. Then, this afternoon I had a phone call from the police asking what I was doing in the park. They heard from this lady that I had been giving chocolates to little children. So, I had to explain that I share the Gospel with as many people as possible and I initiate the conversation with a challenge where people can win chocolate. I explained that I try to talk to people from about the age of 12 and upwards. (Many kids have not heard the Gospel and the older they get, the more likely they will put up walls against God. So we need to talk to them). The police officer did not tell me that I was not allowed to share the Gospel but that I just needed to know that some people may not like it.

Now, I know that many people are persecuted unto death. So, this list is very minor really. But I thought that I would post this to show you different ways in which Satan will try to bring you down and stop you from sharing. He can do it from within the church and from the outside.
Anyway, if you are getting persecuted for sharing the Gospel, do not let it get you down. Instead, rejoice. God Bless.
Jesus never said to go out and invite people to come to the temple. He told us us to out of the temple and preach to the people the gospel. There is no wrong in what you are doing.keep doing it.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks for sharing this, Nathan! Reminds me of 1 Peter 4:14-16.

I've had my pushback, too. Fortunately, the Lord has lead me to a church where they want to start focusing more on evangelism and we have a group of us who go out. I'd love to see everyone go out, but I'm just glad there's at least 7 of us who share the Gospel with strangers.

Have you heard of Mark Cahill? I was just recently introduced to him and he's got a very convicting video:
It's worth watching and maybe sharing with people from your church.

I get convicting knowing that about 2 people die every second, 150,000 a day. When I hear people talk about 'friendship evangelism' i'm going to start sharing more of these facts and how we don't know when the Lord is going to call someone to give an account and face judgment.

Keep doing what you're doing, Nathan! Satan sure does love to attack us.

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will watch the vid in the coming week. This weekend I am busy at another big show sharing the Gospel. I was able to share with 44 people today. Awesome. It was great. Several people said they needed to put their faith in Him and turn from their sins. 2 of them were elderly ladies.
I often struggle with elderly ladies because they can easily get offended if you point out that they have sinned. Once they get offended, then they tend to get angry and say that they have had enough. But these ladies stayed, and they then let me pray for them. I loved it.

I also had a family come and hear the Gospel. This family also had the Grandad with them. As I spoke to them, they started to leave one by one, and then it was only the Grandad left. And just as I thought the Grandad was about to leave, I saw his face change, and he understood. After this, he told me that he needed to repent and to start to honour God. In his life, he has never said sorry to God. But now, he sees that he needs God's mercy. He was so happy because I had spoken to him. He shook my hand and he said he had learned a lot. He was so pleased that we had had the talk.

We are doing the same tomorrow.

Reactions: David Hunter
Upvote 0

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praying for this big show for you and all the seeds you continue to plant and water. I had one elderly lady I gave a tract to at the Ice Festival and asked her how she knows and said she's given her live to Jesus, repented and was then like, "What else do you want me to say?" She then went off talking about the cup and how Jesus never referred to the Father as God until he was on the cross. I have it on video which I'll post soon, but it caught me off guard.

Wow, what a blessing that the grandad stayed! It must be discouraging when people start to walk away, but the message wasn't for them that day but for him!

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,562.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In total this weekend, I was able to tell, 86 people the Gospel. About 8 wanted to put their faith in Jesus and turn from their sin. It was a great weekend. I had 3 other guys with me, and they told many others as well. Overall, the weekend went really well. There were a few people who hated the message but overall, most were very accepting of it. It is encouraging when you see a light flick on inside someone.
I love being with men who dare to get out there and share. It is like a band of brothers. These men are like soldiers on the front line. They are willing to risk it all. Awesome.

PS. David. I also feel as though you and I are part of a band of brothers too. It is great to have someone on these forums who is willing to go out and tell as many as possible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

David Hunter

Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟335,910.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Praise the Lord!!! That is incredible, Nathan!! :)

What I love is it seems more a lot more people actually want to know about Jesus than what the world makes us believe. So many people are depressed and hurting and don't know where to turn and then God sends you!

Same here, Nathan! We may be in other parts of the world, but e're working the fields together.

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0