The Holy Spirit/Jesus should be one’s teacher; about God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
(John 14: 16-21) “If you love me you will keep my commandments. I shall ask the Father, ad he will give you another Advocate to be with you for ever, that Spirit of truth whom the world can never receive since it neither sees nor knows him; but you know him because he is with you, he is in you. I will not leave you orphans; I will come back to you. In a short time the world will no longer see me; but you will see me, because I live and you will live. On that day you will understand that I am in my Father and you in me and I in you. Anybody who receives my commandments and keeps them will be one who loves me; and anybody who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

Did you get what Jesus told us? Among other things he said: “anybody who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”

(1 John 2:27-28) “This is all that I am writing to you about the people who are trying to lead you astray. But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him. Live in Christ, then, my children, so that if he appears, we may have full confidence, at his coming.”

(1 Corinthians 3:16 –17) “Didn’t you realize that you were God’s temple and that the Spirit of God was living among you? If anybody should destroy the temple of God, God will destroy him, because the temple of God is sacred; and you are that temple.”

(Hebrews 8:11-12) “No longer will a man teach his neighbor, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.”

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Giver. Thank you for your Message, it reminds us again of the true love our Lord has for us. " If you love me you will follow my Commandments," and what are our Lord`s Commandments? He gave us 2, which contain all 10 Commandments which God gave us. 1) Love God with all your hearts, all your souls, and all your minds. Why??? God made us in His image, He loves us and wants us back again. 2) Love your neighbour, i.e. all others, friend or foe, love them as you love yourselves. Or put it more easy to understand and follow, " treat all we know or meet, as we would like to be treated." Love is what God is, and wants from us, pure and selfless. We have Jesus to help and guide us, and we have God to forgive us each time we fail or stumble. " Ask and you will receive," remember Jesus teaching us in His Prayer: forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. We also have years to learn to love as God wants us to, be forgiving, kind, helpful and considerate to all we meet. Thanks again, Giver. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Sphinx777

Nov 24, 2007
Bibliotheca Alexandrina
✟10,752.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
In education, a teacher is a person who educates others. A teacher who educates an individual student may also be described as a personal tutor. The role of teacher is often formal and ongoing, carried out by way of occupation or profession at a school or other place of formal education. In many countries, a person wishing to become a teacher at state-funded schools must first obtain professional qualifications or credentials from a university or college. These professional qualifications may include the study of pedagogy, the science of teaching. Teachers may use a lesson plan to facilitate student learning, providing a course of study which covers a standardized curriculum. A teacher's role may vary between cultures. Teachers teach literacy and numeracy, or some of the other school subjects. Other teachers may provide instruction in craftsmanship or vocational training, the Arts, religion or spirituality, civics, community roles, or life skills. In some countries, formal education can take place through home schooling.

Informal learning may be assisted by a teacher occupying a transient or ongoing role, such as a parent or sibling or within a family, or by anyone with knowledge or skills in the wider community setting.

Religious and spiritual teachers, such as gurus, mullahs, rabbis, pastors/youth pastors and lamas may teach religious texts such as the Quran, Torah or Bible.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
In education, a teacher is a person who educates others. A teacher who educates an individual student may also be described as a personal tutor. The role of teacher is often formal and ongoing, carried out by way of occupation or profession at a school or other place of formal education. In many countries, a person wishing to become a teacher at state-funded schools must first obtain professional qualifications or credentials from a university or college. These professional qualifications may include the study of pedagogy, the science of teaching. Teachers may use a lesson plan to facilitate student learning, providing a course of study which covers a standardized curriculum. A teacher's role may vary between cultures. Teachers teach literacy and numeracy, or some of the other school subjects. Other teachers may provide instruction in craftsmanship or vocational training, the Arts, religion or spirituality, civics, community roles, or life skills. In some countries, formal education can take place through home schooling.

Informal learning may be assisted by a teacher occupying a transient or ongoing role, such as a parent or sibling or within a family, or by anyone with knowledge or skills in the wider community setting.

Religious and spiritual teachers, such as gurus, mullahs, rabbis, pastors/youth pastors and lamas may teach religious texts such as the Quran, Torah or Bible.

:angel: :angel: :angel: :angel: :angel:
(1 Corinthians 2:716)”The hidden wisdom of God which we teach in our mysteries is the wisdom that God predestined to be for our glory before the ages began. It is a wisdom that none of the masters of this age have ever known, or they would not have crucified the Lord of Glory, we teach what scripture called the things that no eye has seen and no ear has heard, things beyond the mind of man, all that God has prepared for those who love him. These are the very things that God has revealed to us through the Spirit, for the Spirit reaches the depths of everything, even the depths of God after all, the depths of a man can only be known by his own spirit, not by any other man, and in the same way the depths of God can only be known by the Spirit of God. Now instead of the spirit of the world, we have received the Spirit that comes from God, to teach us to understand the gifts that he has given us. Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in the way that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually. An unspiritual person is one who does not accept anything of the Spirit of God: he sees it all as nonsense; it is beyond his understanding because it can only be understood by means of the Spirit. A spiritual man, on the other hand, is able to judge the value of everything, and his own value is not to be judged by other men. As scripture says;’ who can know the mind of the Lord, so who can teach him?’ But we are those who have the mind of Christ.”

Upvote 0

student ad x

Senior Contributor
Feb 20, 2009
just outside the forrest
✟29,077.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of them knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

Ephesians 4:11-16 NAU

Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
Dear Giver. Thank you for your Message, it reminds us again of the true love our Lord has for us. " If you love me you will follow my Commandments," and what are our Lord`s Commandments? He gave us 2, which contain all 10 Commandments which God gave us. 1) Love God with all your hearts, all your souls, and all your minds. Why??? God made us in His image, He loves us and wants us back again. 2) Love your neighbour, i.e. all others, friend or foe, love them as you love yourselves. Or put it more easy to understand and follow, " treat all we know or meet, as we would like to be treated." Love is what God is, and wants from us, pure and selfless. We have Jesus to help and guide us, and we have God to forgive us each time we fail or stumble. " Ask and you will receive," remember Jesus teaching us in His Prayer: forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us. We also have years to learn to love as God wants us to, be forgiving, kind, helpful and considerate to all we meet. Thanks again, Giver. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.
I don’t understand what your post has to do with this thread, but just to give you something to go to Jesus with, so maybe you can learn. I will give you some scriptures that say you are wrong.
Justice

(Luke 6:46-49)"Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete."

(1 Corinthians 10:6-13) “These things all happened as warnings’ for us, not to have the wicked lusts for forbidden things that they had. Do not become idolaters as some of them did, for scripture says: After sitting down to eat and drink, the people got up to amuse themselves. We must never fall into sexual immorality: some of them did, and twenty-three thousand met their downfall in one day. We are not to put the Lord to the test: some of them did and they were killed by snakes. You must never complain: some of them did, and they were killed by the Destroyer. All this happened to them as a warning, and it was written down to be a lesson for us who are living at the end of the age. The man who thinks he is safe must be careful that he does not fall. The trials that you have had to bear are no more than people normally have. You can trust God not to let you be tried beyond your strength, and with any trial he will give you a way out of it and the strength to bear it.”

(Hebrews 10:26-31) “If, after we have been given knowledge of the truth, we should deliberately commit any sins, then there is no longer any sacrifice for them. There is left only the dreadful prospect of judgment and of the fiery wrath that is to devour your enemies. Anyone who disregards the Law of Moses is ruthlessly put to death on the word of two witnesses or three; and you may be sure that anyone who tramples on the Son of God, and who treats the blood of the covenant which sanctified him as if it were not holy, and who insults the Spirit of grace, will be condemned to a far severer punishment. We are all aware who it was that said: Vengeance is mine; I will vindicate his people. It is a dreadful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

(Hebrews 6: 4) “As for those people who were once brought into the light, and tasted the gift from heaven, and received a share of the Holy Spirit, and appreciated the good message of God and the powers of the world to come and yet in spite of this have fallen away it is impossible for that to be renewed a second time. They cannot be repentant if they have willfully crucified the Son of God and openly mocked Him.”

Upvote 0

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

He's not a man! He's a machine!
Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don’t understand what your post has to do with this thread, but just to give you something to go to Jesus with, so maybe you can learn. I will give you some scriptures that say you are wrong. Justice

uhm . . . if the Holy Spirit is to be our only teacher as you say, then didn't you just break your own rules by trying to teach emmy something? why would there be any need for communication at all if no one but God was to teach us?

go cards

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
uhm . . . if the Holy Spirit is to be our only teacher as you say, then didn't you just break your own rules by trying to teach emmy something? why would there be any need for communication at all if no one but God was to teach us?

go cards
People can share teachings. Also all I did is quote scripture. I also told her to take the scriptures I quoted to Jesus so she could learn something.

Upvote 0

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
did you not also tell her she was wrong? who but someone with a knowledge either higher or different can make such a statement. seems to me that if you should not or cannot be taught by anyone but God then why bother with human relationships?

go cards

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

go cards
I always feel safe with the Holy Scriptures as Men led by the Holy Spirit were inspried by Same to write them :blush:

2Peter 2:1 There became yet also False-Prophets in the people as also in ye shall be False-Teachers, whoany shall be carrying in sects of destruction, and the One buying them, Owner/Master/despothn <1203> disowning, bringing on them swift destruction. [Jeremiah 14:14,15/Matt 24:11/Jude 1:4]

Reve 6:10 And they cry out to a voice, great, saying "till when the Owner/Master/despothV <1203> the Holy and True not Thou are judging and out-justicing the blood of us out-of the ones homing upon the land?".

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ah, but were not some of the writings of Scripture stories passed down by men?

go cards
Seperating Truth from Fables/Stories can sometimes be a daunting task I would think. :wave:

2 Timothy 4:4 And from indeed the Truth the hearing of them they shall be turning away, upon yet the fables/myths shall be being turned aside to.

Titus 1:14 No heeding to Jewish fables/myths and commandments of men, ones turning from the Truth

Upvote 0

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
i do believe the scriptures are divinely inspired, but i also believe that God used stories that were handed down from generation to generation to inspire and teach. the writer of hebrews in ch. 11, only wished he had enough time to tell us all about the stories of various heros of old.

go cards

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟136,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Did you get what Jesus told us? Among other things he said: “anybody who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I shall love him and show myself to him.”
There were three monks that lived in isolation. Two of them were under the guidance of the older monk. For a feast day, the three were going to travel to the nearby city which happened to be Jerusalem. The two younger monks went ahead and the older monk would meet them later.

As the two younger monks were traveling, an injured person who was on the side of the road asked them for help to go to Jerusalem. The two said "we can not help because we are in a hurry" and left him. Some hours later the older monk, traveling alone, ran into the same injured person and carried the man on his back.

As he was carrying the man on his back, the man's weight got lighter and lighter. After some twenty or so miles, the old monk felt nothing on his back. When he turned, he saw that it was Christ whom he was carrying.

True story slightly altered due to poor memory.

(1 John 2:27-28) “This is all that I am writing to you about the people who are trying to lead you astray. But you have not lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teach you, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth, not with a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him. Live in Christ, then, my children, so that if he appears, we may have full confidence, at his coming.”
Have you heard of Elder Cleopa of Romania? He was a monk during the time when Romania was ruled by Communists and spent his monastery days tending the sheep. He prayed unceasingly and also read the Scriptures while he tended the sheep. Because of his constant prayer, he was able to rebuke hundreds (perhaps thousands) of atheists, communists, ill-wishers and so forth; many of whom came to Christ.

The point of all of this, is that Christ reveals Himself to us and that it takes a great deal of faith and discernment to realize when He does. Even then, we need guidance because, after all, without guidance we easily fall into prelest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear Giver. Jesus taught us, " if you love me, you will follow my Commandments." I was pointing out that to love Jesus, we must follow His Commandments. Jesus is a good teacher, so is the Holy Spirit. If Jesus teaches us to LOVE, would God, or His Holy Spirit disagree? I apologise for not answering the question that Jesus/Holy Spirit should be one`s teacher. Perhaps I should have phrased it slightly different. All I was hoping to bring up that LOVE is a very mighty weapon for all of us. No matter how I keep trying to find anything, which cannot be solved/overcome by LOVE. Can you think of something, Giver? I say it with love and humility, Agape/Love, selfless and with no strings attached, cannot be misunderstood, whether it comes from God-Father, God-Son, God-Holy Spirit, or imperfect Humanity. Is there anything more powerful we could reach for? Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
There were three monks that lived in isolation. Two of them were under the guidance of the older monk. For a feast day, the three were going to travel to the nearby city which happened to be Jerusalem. The two younger monks went ahead and the older monk would meet them later.

As the two younger monks were traveling, an injured person who was on the side of the road asked them for help to go to Jerusalem. The two said "we can not help because we are in a hurry" and left him. Some hours later the older monk, traveling alone, ran into the same injured person and carried the man on his back.

As he was carrying the man on his back, the man's weight got lighter and lighter. After some twenty or so miles, the old monk felt nothing on his back. When he turned, he saw that it was Christ whom he was carrying.

True story slightly altered due to poor memory.

Have you heard of Elder Cleopa of Romania? He was a monk during the time when Romania was ruled by Communists and spent his monastery days tending the sheep. He prayed unceasingly and also read the Scriptures while he tended the sheep. Because of his constant prayer, he was able to rebuke hundreds (perhaps thousands) of atheists, communists, ill-wishers and so forth; many of whom came to Christ.

The point of all of this, is that Christ reveals Himself to us and that it takes a great deal of faith and discernment to realize when He does. Even then, we need guidance because, after all, without guidance we easily fall into prelest.
Did you mean prelist? Which means a person has poor judgment.
You don&#8217;t find it strange that one has Jesus/Holy Spirit guiding them and yet telling them they need guidance? That sounds like the hierarchy of a Church scared their teachings may be discovered to be false.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
what you propose giver is a 'super spirituality' that results in no man being able to be under the submission or authority of anyone other than god. there would be no way to trump anyone who 'claims' that 'god told them' something.

go cards

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

go cards

And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of them knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by what every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love.

Ephesians 4:11-16 NAU
Amen.

Certainly the Holy Spirit speaks directly to our heart (still small voice) and
also through others. He actually takes up residence in men and speaks
through /manifests in those men.
Same way that God, THROUGH mans hands, feeds His people, He will also teach His people...through men.
So it's the Holy Spirit manifesting Himself
in man.
People seem to accept that concept with "demon possessed" but not
Spirit controlled.
And:
It's a synergetic thing. You'll see your teacher in front of you and hear
God's voice behind you, saying, "this is the way, walk in it".

IMO
sunlover

Upvote 0

PujolsNonRoidHomerHitter

Feb 8, 2008
Missouri
Visit site
✟23,090.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen.

Certainly the Holy Spirit speaks directly to our heart (still small voice) and
also through others. He actually takes up residence in men and speaks
through /manifests in those men.
Same way that God, THROUGH mans hands, feeds His people, He will also teach His people...through men.
So it's the Holy Spirit manifesting Himself
in man.
People seem to accept that concept with "demon possessed" but not
Spirit controlled.
And:
It's a synergetic thing. You'll see your teacher in front of you and hear
God's voice behind you, saying, "this is the way, walk in it".

IMO
sunlover

:thumbsup: right on.

go cards

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.