The Holy Spirit/Jesus should be one’s teacher; about God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
what you propose giver is a 'super spirituality' that results in no man being able to be under the submission or authority of anyone other than god. there would be no way to trump anyone who 'claims' that 'god told them' something.

go cards
That is close. A Spiritual person does not need supervision. The Holy Spirit guides a Spiritual person.

After a person becomes Spiritual there is no need for that person to be instructed, about God, by man. If man does try to instruct a Spiritual person that person need to ask Jesus if the instructions are right or wrong.

Galatians 5:16“Let me put it like this if you are guided by the Spirit you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence....”.

(1Corinthians 2:16)” The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment”

Upvote 0

E.C.

Jan 12, 2007
✟134,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Did you mean prelist? Which means a person has poor judgment.

You don’t find it strange that one has Jesus/Holy Spirit guiding them and yet telling them they need guidance? That sounds like the hierarchy of a Church scared their teachings may be discovered to be false.
No, prelest.

If someone has fallen into prelest it means they have fallen into what one would call "spiritual delusion". If someone falls into prelest than it means that they have been deceived and diluted by demons into thinking that they are probably somehow 'more holy' than all and that their pious opinions should be made dogma.
Demons disguising themselves as Christ and then leading people into doing evil things is also a form of prelest.

Prelest is a nasty thing to fall into. Asking someone who knows their stuff, has more knowledge of things or is simply more experienced in certain matters can prevent prelest. That and the old "test the spirits".

As for guidance, what is so wrong with that? We just don't walk into some office or factory and just start working without asking someone how it is done correctly or what is being done, do we? I didn't simply waltz into my restaurant and automatically start making pizzas without learning the recipes and so forth, did I?

Everybody needs guidance whether we have the humility to admit it or not! Think the Star Wars movies. Why did Luke seek out Yoda? Because he needed guidance!

Upvote 0

Giver

Sep 12, 2005
USA - North Carolina
✟8,112.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Others
No, prelest.

If someone has fallen into prelest it means they have fallen into what one would call "spiritual delusion". If someone falls into prelest than it means that they have been deceived and diluted by demons into thinking that they are probably somehow 'more holy' than all and that their pious opinions should be made dogma.
Demons disguising themselves as Christ and then leading people into doing evil things is also a form of prelest.

Prelest is a nasty thing to fall into. Asking someone who knows their stuff, has more knowledge of things or is simply more experienced in certain matters can prevent prelest. That and the old "test the spirits".

As for guidance, what is so wrong with that? We just don't walk into some office or factory and just start working without asking someone how it is done correctly or what is being done, do we? I didn't simply waltz into my restaurant and automatically start making pizzas without learning the recipes and so forth, did I?

Everybody needs guidance whether we have the humility to admit it or not! Think the Star Wars movies. Why did Luke seek out Yoda? Because he needed guidance!
Well my answer still stands.

All a person needs to do is test the spirits and that is no problem. Also a bad tree does not bear good fruit. A good tree does not bear bad fruit.

We are not talking about working in some factory, office or anywhere else. We are talking about coming to know God.

You are trying to reason using your mind in a human way. Paul tells us that is not the way one comes to know God.

I have asked you before please discuss this subject using scripture, not teaching that the Church has use to suppress Spiritual growth.

Scripture tells us that God will teach us. I quoted some of those verses. You believe me, and the scriptures wrong. Then there must be scripture that says I am wrong. Show me!!!

Upvote 0

sunlover1

Beloved, Let us love one another
Nov 10, 2006
Under the Shadow of the Almighty
✟94,511.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
That is close. A Spiritual person does not need supervision. The Holy Spirit guides a Spiritual person.

After a person becomes Spiritual there is no need for that person to be instructed, about God, by man. If man does try to instruct a Spiritual person that person need to ask Jesus if the instructions are right or wrong.

Galatians 5:16“Let me put it like this if you are guided by the Spirit you will be in no danger of yielding to self-indulgence....”.

(1Corinthians 2:16)” The spiritual man makes judgments about all things, but he himself is not subject to any man's judgment”
Amen. Always go to the Father and to the Scriptures to make sure that what
someone says is true or not.
Our salvation/destiny is never dependant on another man.
It might seem a bit spooky/mystical to hear that God will
speak directly to those who seek Him, but as we learn to
hear His voice better, we discover that very thing. Our Father
will speak directly to our hearts, if we'll listen.
IMO.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.