Discussion The great Contradiction of the apostate church .

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
back to the topic .

there are those that use the term .."i'm just a sinner saved " to excuse and appease their conscience for the sin they continue to return to and do .
it is a self deception to do so and it is a self deception that is encouraged by "Some " man made organisations who both agree with that stance and promote it .

but it is not mans doctrines by which we are judged but Gods standards.
sin is never excusable , never acceptable and never to be tolerated in a holy Spirit filed life .
and by the scripture has NO PLACE us .
he has done all that is required to set us free ..and empower us in the new state of being he brings us into ,that we no longer are prisoners to sin and as we are no longer prisoners .. are free to choose .

people need to stop trying to blame some one else for the sinful action they themselves chose to DO .
if you refuse to stop doing it ... you remake it your master and you will perish in it . they are "works of iniquity "and if you keep doing them Jesus will say to you .. "depart from me you worker of iniquity i Do not know you "

do not be deceived.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
You do know that the veneration of Mary is not a requirement to be Catholic, right? There is no canon law that states you must venerate Mary in order to be Catholic. I do not pray to Mary, I do not say Hail Mary or ask Mary for help.

I go to Jesus and Jesus only. Yet, I am still Catholic.
That's true, by and large. However, you are required to believe in the Assumption of Mary and her Immaculate Conception, although neither requires you to do anything in particular.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's true, by and large. However, you are required to believe in the Assumption of Mary and her Immaculate Conception, although neither requires you to do anything in particular.
Its my thread..for clarification i will ask a definition...
in as few words as possible ..what is the immaculate conception? And where is it in scripture

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

God is perfect - Nothing is an accident
Site Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟572,648.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its my thread..for clarification i will ask a definition...
in as few words as possible ..what is the immaculate conception? And where is it in scripture

In the Constitution Ineffabilis Deus of 8 December, 1854, Pius IX pronounced and defined that the Blessed Virgin Mary "in the first instance of her conception, by a singular privilege and grace granted by God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved exempt from all stain of original sin."

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/07674d.htm

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More then a few words.
So,man says marys egg was fertilized ...?
If thats what man says then why does he say it?
Because be thinks it has to be the case
In orderforjesus to be fully man..
But of course thats an incorrect assumption .
For if an egg had to be fertilized for christ to be fully man..then yet another contradiction arises.
For jesus is the second adam.
Was adam not fully man?
Without any egg being fertilised. So we see that no such thing need occur .
The word of god created adam from thedust of the earth .
The word of god became flesh.
And the woman bore him into the world.

Its a contradictory assumption to say the womans egg was fertilized .
God created the heavens and the earth .he needed no egg from the woman to become flesh in her womb .

So even the immaculate conception theory is a contradiction .
Man made religious institution is rife wjthcontradictions.
But in God i see none.
I can trust God.
But not man.

Upvote 0
Sep 9, 2016
earth
✟7,973.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
More then a few words.
So,man says marys egg was fertilized ...?
If thats what man says then why does he say it?
Because be thinks it has to be the case
In orderforjesus to be fully man..
But of course thats an incorrect assumption .
For if an egg had to be fertilized for christ to be fully man..then yet another contradiction arises.
For jesus is the second adam.
Was adam not fully man?
Without any egg being fertilised. So we see that no such thing need occur .
The word of god created adam from thedust of the earth .
The word of god became flesh.
And the woman bore him into the world.

Its a contradictory assumption to say the womans egg was fertilized .
God created the heavens and the earth .he needed no egg from the woman to become flesh in her womb .

So even the immaculate conception theory is a contradiction .
Man made religious institution is rife wjthcontradictions.
But in God i see none.
I can trust God.
But not man.

You Misunderstand, the Immaculate Conception refers to Mary's egg, not Jesus'. In other words, Mary's parents had relations with each other, and upon Mary's own conception or "animation" within her own mothers womb, God granted her a special grace. This is all according to the Catholic Church, which you are free to reject.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You Misunderstand, the Immaculate Conception refers to Mary's egg, not Jesus'. In other words, Mary's parents had relations with each other, and upon Mary's own conception or "animation" within her own mothers womb, God granted her a special grace. This is all according to the Catholic Church, which you are free to reject.
And do reject .
Because i follow the lord Jesus and the scripture. Not the man made organisation.

But let it be clarified.. Im not categorically stating her egg was not fertilized.. Im merely pointing out that particular contradiction ,that adam was fullyman..without a mother. Thus jesus required No mothers egg to be fully man.
But as a sign to israel that "this was THE ONE " he was bought forth from a virgin..
And since he entered the world through the womb ,was also called "the son of man" buts thats just another was of saying..he was fully man.also the babe in a womb and the womb do not ever share the same blood in thier veins.thus he remained untainted by sin.

I think now i will return to the main stream of this thread.

Those who use thier "humanity" as excuse to continue to practice thier sin...
Do so in very great error .and if they refuse to stop doing so will perish in thier sin.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or, and this is just a theory here, maybe it's a lifelong process of learning how to be like Christ and coming to accept that ALL out sins have already been forgiven.
According to God, and I mean no disrespect sister, but this statement is in error. There is a vast difference between sins that occur as did they for Paul in Romans 7 where the things we do not want to do we do anyway, and willful sin where we know exactly that what we are doing, are fully aware that we are disobeying and displeasing our Lord, and simply choose to proceed anyway.

Those who are caught up in sin, who desperately want to find that place of free indeed, who hate that part of them that fails God, who repent in tears and with hopes that one day they will taste victory over satan's wiles..... to these we are told that God does abundantly forgive, and will move mountains to lead thrm to the place of real victory.

But we are also clearly told that for those who willfully sin, to those who think one initial repentance is "good enough" and that to repent again would be our being 'sin conscious', there remains no more sacrifice for sins but a fearful looking for of God's judgment. We are told that these put Jesus to an open shame. Shall we twist this truth and strip it of its dire but loving warning, and with our human reasoning say that these clear words to us, words from the Holy Spirit, are wrong?

May God open our eyes in these last days to not only see the danger we have placed ourselves in, but also to have our eyes opened to the amazing truth that there is an answer to our Romans 7 dilemma, that God can keep us from falling just as He promised us. Sin shall not have dominion over is, we are promised. Will we believe such an amazing promise, or will we use grace as an excuse to sin with no fear of repercussions?

We have been given shields of faith that can quench ALL the fiery arrows of the enemy. We are all about to be taught how to wield them, and find to our amazement and joy that overcoming the world, the flesh and the devil is our birthright as children of God. Willful sin is satan's great deception. He is about to be exposed.

Blessings,

Gideon

• Informative
Reactions: Victor E.
Upvote 0

Jason Sanders

Dec 26, 2015
Toms River
✟8,409.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
According to God, and I mean no disrespect sister, but this statement is in error. There is a vast difference between sins that occur as did they for Paul in Romans 7 where the things we do not want to do we do anyway, and willful sin where we know exactly that what we are doing, are fully aware that we are disobeying and displeasing our Lord, and simply choose to proceed anyway.

Those who are caught up in sin, who desperately want to find that place of free indeed, who hate that part of them that fails God, who repent in tears and with hopes that one day they will taste victory over satan's wiles..... to these we are told that God does abundantly forgive, and will move mountains to lead thrm to the place of real victory.

But we are also clearly told that for those who willfully sin, to those who think one initial repentance is "good enough" and that to repent again would be our being 'sin conscious', there remains no more sacrifice for sins but a fearful looking for of God's judgment. We are told that these put Jesus to an open shame. Shall we twist this truth and strip it of its dire but loving warning, and with our human reasoning say that these clear words to us, words from the Holy Spirit, are wrong?

May God open our eyes in these last days to not only see the danger we have placed ourselves in, but also to have our eyes opened to the amazing truth that there is an answer to our Romans 7 dilemma, that God can keep us from falling just as He promised us. Sin shall not have dominion over is, we are promised. Will we believe such an amazing promise, or will we use grace as an excuse to sin with no fear of repercussions?

We have been given shields of faith that can quench ALL the fiery arrows of the enemy. We are all about to be taught how to wield them, and find to our amazement and joy that overcoming the world, the flesh and the devil is our birthright as children of God. Willful sin is satan's great deception. He is about to be exposed.

Blessings,

Gideon
First of all, and this very important; Im a guy.

Secondly- I never mentioned anything about willful sin vs unwillful/unknowing sins. I merely said that all our sins had been forgiven (and yes, that includes our willful sins, so long as we repent of them) by the Cross; claiming anything else saves us, be it "good works" (which come with being saved, not ensure our salvation) or constant repentance of sin (which would be real repentance because you're supposed to STOP when you repent), is just adding to the already finished work of Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First of all, and this very important; Im a guy.

Secondly- I never mentioned anything about willful sin vs unwillful/unknowing sins. I merely said that all our sins had been forgiven (and yes, that includes our willful sins, so long as we repent of them) by the Cross; claiming anything else saves us, be it "good works" (which come with being saved, not ensure our salvation) or constant repentance of sin (which would be real repentance because you're supposed to STOP when you repent), is just adding to the already finished work of Jesus Christ.
I so apologize for the gender bender. I simply looked at the avatar and began writing. Sorry about that.

As to your caveats on the "all sins", I totally agree. With repentance, every single sin, no matter how grievous, is washed away in the blood of the lamb. As I am sure you are aware, there is a growing belief in the church that even unrepented of sins are taken care of, so why sweat it?

It is a dangerous road many are being led down and that is what I was referring to. Sorry again for the confusion.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jason Sanders

Dec 26, 2015
Toms River
✟8,409.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I so apologize for the gender bender. I simply looked at the avatar and began writing. Sorry about that.

As to your caveats on the "all sins", I totally agree. With repentance, every single sin, no matter how grievous, is washed away in the blood of the lamb. As I am sure you are aware, there is a growing belief in the church that even unrepented of sins are taken care of, so why sweat it?

It is a dangerous road many are being led down and that is what I was referring to. Sorry again for the confusion.

Blessings,

Gideon
It's fine- I didn't hold it against you (though Shiniji is a guy), nor do I hold the confusion about my wordage against you. Hope all is well.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It's fine- I didn't hold it against you (though Shiniji is a guy), nor do I hold the confusion about my wordage against you. Hope all is well.
I forgot. Man buns are in now, LOL. All is definitely well.

Be blessed

Gideon

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
those who say .. you cannot live without knowingly sinning

or, they just generalize and say .. "you cant not sin"
but what are they speaking of ? sin as in missing the mark? or sin as in disobeying the perfect law of god -ie thou shalt not steal ,murder , commit adultery .. , Which is it they refer to .

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mod Hat on

images

Not Flame each other
If your post has been removed, it was either in violation or quoting another post that was. Please remember the no-flaming rule of the forum and to stay on topic to the original topic. Please treat each other with respect, including during debates.

Site-wide Rules:
http://www.christianforums.com/help/rules/

Further issues with this thread may result in further cleans, a permanent shut down, and member staff actions.
Carry On.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
so .. we return to 1 john chapter 3 as it speaks clear and concise on the entire issue .
the sadness is that too few grasp it ..or to be more precise desire to grasp it .

because the harsh truth is .. we continue to sin because we chose to ..only if we love it enough to do so
for if we love the lord Jesus more .. we will obey him and not the flesh .
----------------------------------

See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him. Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but he has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is. And all who have this eager expectation will keep themselves pure, just as he is pure.

Everyone who sins is breaking God’s law, for all sin is contrary to the law of God. And you know that Jesus came to take away our sins, and there is no sin in him. Anyone who continues to live in him will not sin. But anyone who keeps on sinning does not know him or understand who he is.

Dear children, don’t let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous. But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil. Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God. So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the devil. Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God.
This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another. We must not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and killed his brother. And why did he kill him? Because Cain had been doing what was evil, and his brother had been doing what was righteous. So don’t be surprised, dear brothers and sisters, if the world hates you.

If we love our brothers and sisters who are believers, it proves that we have passed from death to life. But a person who has no love is still dead. Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don’t have eternal life within them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
so .. we return to 1 john chapter 3 as it speaks clear and concise on the entire issue .
the sadness is that too few grasp it ..or to be more precise desire to grasp it .

because the harsh truth is .. we continue to sin because we chose to ..only if we love it enough to do so
for if we love the lord Jesus more .. we will obey him and not the flesh .
----------------------------------

See how very much our Father loves us, for he calls us his children, and that is what we are! But the people who belong to this world don’t recognize that we are God’s children because they don’t know him. Dear friends, we are already God’s children, but he has not yet shown us what we will be like when Christ appears. But we do know that we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is. And all who have this eager expectation will keep themselves pure, just as he is pure.

Everyone who sins is breaking God’s law, for all sin is contrary to the law of God. And you know that Jesus came to take away our sins, and there is no sin in him. Anyone who continues to live in him will not sin. But anyone who keeps on sinning does not know him or understand who he is.

Dear children, don’t let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it shows that they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous. But when people keep on sinning, it shows that they belong to the devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy the works of the devil. Those who have been born into God’s family do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God. So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the devil. Anyone who does not live righteously and does not love other believers does not belong to God.
This is the message you have heard from the beginning: We should love one another. We must not be like Cain, who belonged to the evil one and killed his brother. And why did he kill him? Because Cain had been doing what was evil, and his brother had been doing what was righteous. So don’t be surprised, dear brothers and sisters, if the world hates you.

If we love our brothers and sisters who are believers, it proves that we have passed from death to life. But a person who has no love is still dead. Anyone who hates another brother or sister is really a murderer at heart. And you know that murderers don’t have eternal life within them.
Brother, if what you are saying was true, then would not Paul have been lying in Romans 7? He said "The things I do not want to do I end up doing. The things I want to do, I do not do." Did Paul genuinely long to stop sinning? You bet. Yet he still remained a captive for a time, until His deliverer came and revealed to him the truth, and that truth does what truth does. It sets free.

We as the modern church are far too often found in Romans 7, knowing nothing of the joy of Romans 8. Multitudes have ever given up hope of escaping the grip of self, and that we will be sinners till the day we die. Hope in real deliverance is waning, yet God said this:

Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is the health of my daughter healed only slightly, saying 'Peace, peace' when there is no peace?

God has never willed that we get saved from the penalty of our sins and yet remain captive to our sinful desires. We are told that we have also been delivered from the POWER of darkness, but who has believed His report? Praise God, all that is about to change.

What we have up till now failed to understand is that even if we are born again, if we remain in our old nature by our unbelief and do not hold up our shield of faith that we are no longer old natured men and that we owe that nature nothing, we will still find great conflict. There are multitudes that truly do love the Lord, and yet find themselves in that terrible Romans 7 dilemma. Many have fought long and hard against their sins, only to find they are not free indeed at all, but still captives to sins they both love AND hate. They long to be freed from sin and their self ruled nature, but do not know the way.

What you are telling people is that they just do not want it badly enough, for if they did, if they loved Jesus more, they would surely simply turn their back on their besetting sins and walk away from them forever. It sounds logical, but it's premise is they we can stop if we want to badly enough. Paul couldn't and neither can we.

What we find today is that most Christians simply do not know how to be freed. We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but that is the only avenue we know to try, and multitudes have so moly quit trying. We fail to understand that our victory is not found in our staunch determination not to sin.

Following that path is one I have been very familiar with in my life, and to add guilt of not wanting to stop sinning badly enough, on top of the self condemnation that all true believers feel when they disobey the Lord will not lead men to freedom, but rather to despair. And it was in that feeling of utter wretchedness, that total despair, that God met me nine years ago and showed me the path to Free Indeed, not because I was special, but because I finally gave up on ever succeeding in doing it myself and looked to Him to "do it for me", just as He promised in Ezekiel 36.

You see, there is a way to freedom, but it has nothing to do with our determination, or our resolve. These simply lead us to a feeling of wretchedness that Paul himself shared in Romans 7. How many there are who have given up the fight, and reluctantly accepted that victory over sin must mean that we still sin, but that we are just forgiven, no matter what. Satan has ripped the word "overcomer" from our hearts and minds, because no one has shared with us the way out of our captivity, and it is because of this that the world looks upon us as hypocrites, not as those walking in the light. And can we truly blame them?

So what is the way to overcome sin? Is real palpable victory even possible? How do we win the fight against the sins that so easily beset us? Listen! Victory is not only possible, but praise God, it is assured for even the weakest and most sin bound among us. And what is this way?

"And this is the victory that overcome the the world, even our faith."

We all, all of us who love the Lord in sincerity, want to do good, and long to be kind and loving and patient, to exercise self control, and we have all striven to be more like Christ in both our thoughts and our actions. Amen? And we have all failed. And why is this? After all, we believe in the power of the blood of our Lord, amen? But we have been ignorant of the one major thing God asks of us. He does not ask us to try harder, to be more on fire, to be nicer, to love Him deeper. What does He ask of us then? He asks us to couple our faith in the blood of Jesus with what it actually accomplished IN US when we were born again. He asks that we couple the blood of the lamb with OUR testimony.... who we believe we are now in Him.

And who are we now? We are new creatures, not forgiven but still fleshly old ones. We.... the old sin controlled US.. died when Christ died. We died with Him. And when Jesus rose in glory on the third day, we are told that we rose with him as new natured beings. Wow.

So, do we believe that to be true? When we are told that sin no longer has power over us, do we rejoice or shake our heads saying it is the mpossible? When Satan comes tempting, do we hold up our shields of faith, fully confident that all satan's arrow will not find their mark? Do we resist our enemy steadfast in the faith that we are now new natured children of God with a Heavenly Father who has promised to keep us from falling? Or do we fall back into our fleshly efforts to not sin in our own strength?

We so easily forget that loving God more, being more kind and patient, not sinning, exercising full self control.... these are NOT our work. They are God's work in us, and they work as we trust Him to bring these about in our lives. They are fruits of the Spirit abiding in us, and He dwells in us by faith.

We are about to see the church awakened to who we are in Him. It is no more us that live, but Christ now lives in us. Because we have not believed that, even good earnest Christisn children have found sins they despise still clinging to them. We are like Lazurus coming out from the tomb, resurrected, but still wrapped in the grave clothes of our unbelief. A new day is dawning, dear Michael, and we will soon witness the church awakened and walking in the light because they believe in that they ARE light! It is coming and it is coming soon.

For those worn down by the struggle against sin and self, who long to rise up with wings as eagles and become overcomers of the world,vote flesh and the devil, take heart. Our God is about to rescue us simply by opening our eyes to what He has already done. We are new. Right now, today, we ARE new creatures. But God has ordained that it is always "according to our faith be it unto us". We have wallowed long enough. Our time to fly, to have our feet planted firmly on the highway OF holiness, to fully believe our God, is now here. Our rejoicing is soon to begin.

Blessings to you, dear brother,

Gideon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Brother, if what you are saying was true, then would not Paul have been lying in Romans 7? He said "The things I do not want to do I end up doing. The things I want to do, I do not do." Did Paul genuinely long to stop sinning? You bet. Yet he still remained a captive for a time, until His deliverer came and revealed to him the truth, and that truth does what truth does. It sets free.

We as the modern church are far too often found in Romans 7, knowing nothing of the joy of Romans 8. Multitudes have ever given up hope of escaping the grip of self, and that we will be sinners till the day we die. Hope in real deliverance is waning, yet God said this:

Is there no balm in Gilead? Is there no physician there? Why then is the health of my daughter healed only slightly, saying 'Peace, peace' when there is no peace?

God has never willed that we get saved from the penalty of our sins and yet remain captive to our sinful desires. We are told that we have also been delivered from the POWER of darkness, but who has believed His report? Praise God, all that is about to change.

What we have up till now failed to understand is that even if we are born again, if we remain in our old nature by our unbelief and do not hold up our shield of faith that we are no longer old natured men and that we owe that nature nothing, we will still find great conflict. There are multitudes that truly do love the Lord, and yet find themselves in that terrible Romans 7 dilemma. Many have fought long and hard against their sins, only to find they are not free indeed at all, but still captives to sins they both love AND hate. They long to be freed from sin and their self ruled nature, but do not know the way.

What you are telling people is that they just do not want it badly enough, for if they did, if they loved Jesus more, they would surely simply turn their back on their besetting sins and walk away from them forever. It sounds logical, but it's premise is they we can stop if we want to badly enough. Paul couldn't and neither can we.

What we find today is that most Christians simply do not know how to be freed. We wrestle not against flesh and blood, but that is the only avenue we know to try, and multitudes have so moly quit trying. We fail to understand that our victory is not found in our staunch determination not to sin.

Following that path is one I have been very familiar with in my life, and to add guilt of not wanting to stop sinning badly enough, on top of the self condemnation that all true believers feel when they disobey the Lord will not lead men to freedom, but rather to despair. And it was in that feeling of utter wretchedness, that total despair, that God met me nine years ago and showed me the path to Free Indeed, not because I was special, but because I finally gave up on ever succeeding in doing it myself and looked to Him to "do it for me", just as He promised in Ezekiel 36.

You see, there is a way to freedom, but it has nothing to do with our determination, or our resolve. These simply lead us to a feeling of wretchedness that Paul himself shared in Romans 7. How many there are who have given up the fight, and reluctantly accepted that victory over sin must mean that we still sin, but that we are just forgiven, no matter what. Satan has ripped the word "overcomer" from our hearts and minds, because no one has shared with us the way out of our captivity, and it is because of this that the world looks upon us as hypocrites, not as those walking in the light. And can we truly blame them?

So what is the way to overcome sin? Is real palpable victory even possible? How do we win the fight against the sins that so easily beset us? Listen! Victory is not only possible, but praise God, it is assured for even the weakest and most sin bound among us. And what is this way?

"And this is the victory that overcome the the world, even our faith."

We all, all of us who love the Lord in sincerity, want to do good, and long to be kind and loving and patient, to exercise self control, and we have all striven to be more like Christ in both our thoughts and our actions. Amen? And we have all failed. And why is this? After all, we believe in the power of the blood of our Lord, amen? But we have been ignorant of the one major thing God asks of us. He does not ask us to try harder, to be more on fire, to be nicer, to love Him deeper. What does He ask of us then? He asks us to couple our faith in the blood of Jesus with what it actually accomplished IN US when we were born again. He asks that we couple the blood of the lamb with OUR testimony.... who we believe we are now in Him.

And who are we now? We are new creatures, not forgiven but still fleshly old ones. We.... the old sin controlled US.. died when Christ died. We died with Him. And when Jesus rose in glory on the third day, we are told that we rose with him as new natured beings. Wow.

So, do we believe that to be true? When we are told that sin no longer has power over us, do we rejoice or shake our heads saying it is the mpossible? When Satan comes tempting, do we hold up our shields of faith, fully confident that all satan's arrow will not find their mark? Do we resist our enemy steadfast in the faith that we are now new natured children of God with a Heavenly Father who has promised to keep us from falling? Or do we fall back into our fleshly efforts to not sin in our own strength?

We so easily forget that loving God more, being more kind and patient, not sinning, exercising full self control.... these are NOT our work. They are God's work in us, and they work as we trust Him to bring these about in our lives. They are fruits of the Spirit abiding in us, and He dwells in us by faith.

We are about to see the church awakened to who we are in Him. It is no more us that live, but Christ now lives in us. Because we have not believed that, even good earnest Christisn children have found sins they despise still clinging to them. We are like Lazurus coming out from the tomb, resurrected, but still wrapped in the grave clothes of our unbelief. A new day is dawning, dear Michael, and we will soon witness the church awakened and walking in the light because they believe in that they ARE light! It is coming and it is coming soon.

For those worn down by the struggle against sin and self, who long to rise up with wings as eagles and become overcomers of the world,vote flesh and the devil, take heart. Our God is about to rescue us simply by opening our eyes to what He has already done. We are new. Right now, today, we ARE new creatures. But God has ordained that it is always "according to our faith be it unto us". We have wallowed long enough. Our time to fly, to have our feet planted firmly on the highway OF holiness, to fully believe our God, is now here. Our rejoicing is soon to begin.

Blessings to you, dear brother,

Gideon
in short .. we 'can ' sin . that is, we have the ability to .. we don't have the authority to nor as a new creature in Christ can we be compelled to against our will .we are free .
you will note that it is not I who says it ,but john and Paul fully agrees with it .
for in those verses where he says that the thing he does not want to do he does ..he is speaking of his old nature .. for he goes on to say later.. "but now ..... so he is laying out how things were for him not how things are presently for him . you need to remove the 500 year old added verse and chapter numbers and re-read it in that full context .

he also says he is the greatest of sinners or the chief of sinners . but why does he call himself that / because he went around murdering beating and imprisoning disciple of Jesus .. -did he continue to do that? absolutely not ,he was only stating that to display how great Gods grace is .
Jesus came to save us from our sin and his salvation id not partial .

you know both of our testimonies ..in my case things have moved on astoundingly .. for the freedom he has given me from sin is now the liberty to do his will .. not my own .we go and heal the sick ,preach the gospel ,drive out demons baptize in his name and make more disciples .. yes that's not a theory but an action . there is no time now place for the devil or sin. for example we took a week vacation .. healed the waitress were asked to come pray for the cooks husband , went shared the gospel and baptized the Indian husband and wife into Christ Jesus and one other also .. fruit come via obedience to the vine in whom we are grafted into .. we don't "have' to sin , that is do actions we know are sinful. Christ Jesus has set us free . we need not even think on these maters any more ,they are the foundations of the faith repentance from dead works is repentance from works of iniquity .. turning from doing those things which brings death.

read 1 john 3 really slowly and out loud .. its rocks the mind to the renewing of it . Those who have been born of god do not make a practice of sinning, because God’s life is in them. So they can’t keep on sinning, because they are children of God.

now i prefer that others would continue and read the rest of your post :D and i say this to draw ATTENTION to it . that they might go back and read it all for it is beneficial for them to do so

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Another wording if this topic would be the great "compromise" ...

when we turn to the scriptures we see a call to not conform to the world.
this means in any form or pursuit or line of thought.
we are called to the will of God.
thr great compromise seekd to merge our oen desires with his so that we can maintain our own desires rather then die to self.as Jesus has called us to do.

if one is innocent of such endeavor then you will not find them seeking to justfy it but rather they eil promote what the lord jesus has said as his present living word.

the world is not unaware of the huge contradiction between the written word and the lives people live.

Upvote 0

Victor E.

Disciple of Christ
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2016
U.S
✟201,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The great Contradiction of the apostate church

"I'm just a sinner saved ! ???

you are either saved .. and a willful sinner
or you are a prisoner to sin and, as yet, unsaved .

you don't get to have it both ways .

Make up your mind,
choose this day whom you will serve .

The only unpardonable sin is the belief that the Lord Jesus died in vain. This is why mercy triumphs over judgement. Absolute statements like this instill fear, doubt, and guilt. At least discern your words before making confident assertions in ignorance. Otherwise someone may take these words (pure in intention) as words of death. So save the solid food for the mature, in order to build up. Otherwise it will tear new believers down and no one will know about it. Judgement without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. We are all saved in Christ Jesus, not because of anything we did. Many of the first will be last and the last first.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The only unpardonable sin is the belief that the Lord Jesus died in vain. This is why mercy triumphs over judgement. Absolute statements like this instill fear, doubt, and guilt. At least discern your words before making confident assertions in ignorance. Otherwise someone may take these words (pure in intention) as words of death. So save the solid food for the mature, in order to build up. Otherwise it will tear new believers down and no one will know about it. Judgement without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. We are all saved in Christ Jesus, not because of anything we did.
i agree to a point :) perhaps w should apply the letter to the Corinthians as example ;)

a crowds who were in Christ having some of the foundations of the gospel fully laid and yet were fully carnal in their living and service , lacking no spiritual gift yet living as if they had none . much like the goosebumps angle dust seeking anointing junkies who dont realize the anointing happened and has happened it does not continue to happen .and who do not then GO and obey the gospel but remain in their clubs singing songs while the world around them perishes while secretly abiding in their own favorite worldly sin practice ,when in truth .. they can be immediately free for the rest of their lives in chrsit and God and do ALL he has asked of his bride to do .

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Victor E.
Upvote 0