Discussion The great Contradiction of the apostate church .

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who do you learn from? I suspect you live in a place that is dangerous for Christians, which is why you say you do not gather unto "men"... This leads me to believe that you are a self-taught Christian, belonging to no congregation at all. Perhaps you live in Turkey or maybe Indonesia?

....I'm not criticizing this by the way, but I will warn you, that if you do use the internet alongside your scripture then you might reconsider some of your internet sources. That's all. There is a lot of anti-Catholic sentiment on the internet that you should be skeptical of. And do not use the Islamic mindset of faith-bashing found on that side of the world either -both you should be cautious of.

Jesus is known to not criticize any of those who have gathered in his name.
Bkah blah..but u dont gather in his name.you gather in romes.
You will say it is not so ..
then i will ask you to renounce rome ,mary and pope.and you wont do it.and thus prove you dont gather in the name of Jesus alone.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You are obviously not a Westerner, and I'm sure English is not your first language. You seem to have an Islamic influence to you -as if you live in a place where many Muslims live.

...do you view the Cross as a graven image, or idolatry? Or what about images of Jesus like the following ones. Just wondering.
8934143506_ed6e963763_z.jpg

JESUS-620_1587358a.jpg

You are obviously not a Westerner, and I'm sure English is not your first language. You seem to have an Islamic influence to you -as if you live in a place where many Muslims live.

...do you view the Cross as a graven image, or idolatry? Or what about images of Jesus like the following ones. Just wondering.
Yes an image is an image..
dont you read the 10 commandments...?
an image of Jesus is an image of something in heaven..
forbidden.
thanks for proving the point ..you are of that very contradiction.
now stop promoting rcc doctrines here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Bkah blah..but u dont gather in his name.you gather in romes.
You will say it is not so ..
then i will ask you to renounce rome ,mary and pope.and you wont do it.and thus prove you dont gather in the name of Jesus alone.

Of course I will say "it is not so"... No Catholic anywhere, ever would ever agree with this because you are either a liar or extremely confused.

You have no idea what you're talking about when you slander me and my people. You're just too tender headed to get it.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wow..! I guess Armoured was right about New Zealanders all along.

EDIT: I'm going to let him know I said his name in a thread, because if someone mentioned my name, I'd probably want to know about it. :wave: @Armoured

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is the most Islamic thing I've ever heard any Christian say... You're mixing up the koran and the bible.

(BTW, does that avatar of yours represent the Holy Spirit?)
...here is what the holy bible states...
4"You shall not make for yourself an idol,or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earthbeneath or in the water underthe earth. 5

Making an "image " of jesus is making an image of something in heaven.
A direct violation of the word of God.
Implying the word ofgod is koran abd making silly accusations at me.will not change how wrong your actions are.

Upvote 0

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single

Exactly. You wont renounce mary infavor of jesus alone..
You divide your worship.
You are of that very contradiction the thread is about.
And te contradiction is the topic.
Lets get back to it.

You cannot say ..you dont saypeople can keep sinning when the very organisation your a part of continues in the practice of idolizing bothcreated beings and images and the denies doing so.when globally every one can see them doing it.
But i guess your in america?
You dont know what rcc folks do in other countries perhaps ..and rome pope) NEVER denouces it ,never corrects it.he encourages it byhis pointed silence.
Go research it for yourself .instead of hanging arounf here throwing insults about and calling me muslim lol.

You do know that the veneration of Mary is not a requirement to be Catholic, right? There is no canon law that states you must venerate Mary in order to be Catholic. I do not pray to Mary, I do not say Hail Mary or ask Mary for help.

I go to Jesus and Jesus only. Yet, I am still Catholic.

Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You do know that the veneration of Mary is not a requirement to be Catholic, right? There is no canon law that states you must venerate Mary in order to be Catholic. I do not pray to Mary, I do not say Hail Mary or ask Mary for help.

I go to Jesus and Jesus only. Yet, I am still Catholic.

This is true, and from a Catholic POV, the Marian revelations are merely "Private Revelations", which means they are not binding to all Catholics necessarily. Only "Divine Revelation" is binding -that which comes from Apostolic succession.

http://www.catholic.com/tracts/private-revelation

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
...here is what the holy bible states...
4"You shall not make for yourself an idol,or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earthbeneath or in the water underthe earth. 5

Making an "image " of jesus is making an image of something in heaven.
A direct violation of the word of God.
Implying the word ofgod is koran abd making silly accusations at me.will not change how wrong your actions are.

That fundamentalist bit comes from the old covenant, doesn't it? And do you remember when Peter spoke up at the Council of Jerusalem, and he said:
"Why then must you now strain the patience of God by trying to put on the shoulders of these disciples a burden which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear? Surely the fact is that it is by the grace of the Lord Jesus that we are saved"​

...You really expect Christians of the New Covenant to reject pictures or toys of dolphins, whales and clownfish? There are even childrens movies that are "in likeness to what is in the water"... This type of fundamentalism is now a burden to man in the age of the New Covenant.

You need to understand that councils, meetings, and gatherings are what Jesus had in mind when he healed the sick and fed large crowds and called together his Apostles. Then his apostles continued that tradition. The Church today still continues it. I urge you to join a congregation -to help you shake off these unnecessary burdens.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then if that's the case, do you eat Kosher food? Do you detest images of fish..? You might as well call yourself a Messianic Jew then if you're going by both covenants in their entirety. Now that would something.
those who love the lord Gd with all their hearts do not do unrighteous acts in opposition to him .. that IS the law of love .
not saying you love him with one hand and robbing with the other .
a person cannot say they love god and then do actions which are opposed to the very essence of his word and desire /

to do so would be to teach and live a contradiction .. which your doing

Upvote 0

nanookadenord

May 28, 2016
Florida
✟47,565.00
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
AND YET .. you , knowing it is wrong to do .. do not denounce it nor instruct them from doing what you know is sinful..

see the contradiction . though it is not the specific contradiction of the thread ..it is but another one of many .

It is not for me to tell the Catholic Church what it can and cannot do.

I just do not partake in the veneration as it is not a requirement. So there is nothing for me to denounce. Since I do not do it.

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
back to the topic .

there are those that use the term .."i'm just a sinner saved " to excuse and appease their conscience for the sin they continue to return to and do .
it is a self deception to do so and it is a self deception that is encouraged by "Some " man made organisations who both agree with that stance and promote it .

but it is not mans doctrines by which we are judged but Gods standards.
sin is never excusable , never acceptable and never to be tolerated in a holy Spirit filed life .
and by the scripture has NO PLACE us .
he has done all that is required to set us free ..and empower us in the new state of being he brings us into ,that we no longer are prisoners to sin and as we are no longer prisoners .. are free to choose .

people need to stop trying to blame some one else for the sinful action they themselves chose to DO .
if you refuse to stop doing it ... you remake it your master and you will perish in it . they are "works of iniquity "and if you keep doing them Jesus will say to you .. "depart from me you worker of iniquity i Do not know you "

do not be deceived.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
those who love the lord Gd with all their hearts do not do unrighteous acts in opposition to him .. that IS the law of love .
not saying you love him with one hand and robbing with the other .
a person cannot say they love god and then do actions which are opposed to the very essence of his word and desire /

to do so would be to teach and live a contradiction .. which your doing

Dont play your games with me. What you're saying is that I do not love God in the first place -which is why, in your opinion, I "sin" against him. You have no right to judge my level of love for God. Only a fool would do such a thing.

EDIT> You do realize that you are condemning an entire Church of 2 billion as well as every Christian who does not speak out against them as well..! That is the most radical form of idiocracy I have ever witnessed in my entire life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dont play your games with me. What you're saying is that I do not love God in the first place -which is why, in your opinion, I "sin" against him. You have no right to judge my level of love for God. Only a fool would do such a thing.

EDIT> You do realize that you are condemning an entire Church of 2 billion as well as every Christian who does speak out against them as well..! That is the most radical form of idiocracy I have ever witnessed in my entire life.
lol, nope . i am agreeing with the word of god .
we are not judged on the opinions of 2 billion people ..just the word of God .
truth is not based upon how many people "say it is truth ..it is based on the fact GOD said it . and he is not going to change it to match mans opinions .
you don't like what i'm saying ? you don't like what is written either i guess .

Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. The one who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning, because they have been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not God’s child, nor is anyone who does not love their brother and sister.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
back to the topic .

there are those that use the term .."i'm just a sinner saved " to excuse and appease their conscience for the sin they continue to return to and do .
it is a self deception to do so and it is a self deception that is encouraged by "Some " man made organisations who both agree with that stance and promote it .

but it is not mans doctrines by which we are judged but Gods standards.
sin is never excusable , never acceptable and never to be tolerated in a holy Spirit filed life .
and by the scripture has NO PLACE us .
he has done all that is required to set us free ..and empower us in the new state of being he brings us into ,that we no longer are prisoners to sin and as we are no longer prisoners .. are free to choose .

people need to stop trying to blame some one else for the sinful action they themselves chose to DO .
if you refuse to stop doing it ... you remake it your master and you will perish in it . they are "works of iniquity "and if you keep doing them Jesus will say to you .. "depart from me you worker of iniquity i Do not know you "

do not be deceived.

All you do is condemn others while picking and choosing doctrine yourself. You then hide behind the shadows without stating what YOU believe. That is not Christ-like. It's shameful.

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
lol, nope . i am agreeing with the word of god .
we are not judged on the opinions of 2 billion people ..just the word of God .
truth is not based upon how many people "say it is truth ..it is based on the fact GOD said it . and he is not going to change it to match mans opinions .

Like I asked earlier, which old covenant laws do you follow and which do you not -you refuse to answer. If you are perfect as you seem to claim, then you must admit that you know all the old laws and follow them all in their entirety as well as the new. So speak. Do you or not?

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All you do is condemn others while picking and choosing doctrine yourself. You then hide behind the shadows without stating what YOU believe. That is not Christ-like. It's shameful.
i believe what the word of God states ,, plainly and unambiguously .

Upvote 0

Landon Caeli

Supporter
Jan 8, 2016
CA
✟561,158.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i believe what the word of God sates ,, plainly and unambiguously .

Then you are an Orthodox Jew and an Orthodox Christian? No, you're hiding in the shadows again. Come out from there!

Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟94,492.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then you are an Orthodox Jew and an Orthodox Christian?
I am a deciple of the lord Jesus .born again by the Spirit of God ,made a new creation in Christ Jesus,learning to go and do what he does and to become like my master , who is the messiah , JESUS . the LORD . made a co-heir with Christ and becoming a partaker of the divine nature having His spirit in me ,the same Spirit that rose Christ from the dead -as is written .
learning to walk in the holy Spirit every day and obey the lord Jesus and not be conformed to this world .
i am not a follower of the religious organisations of men -we cannot serve TWO masters. the lord Jesus said so.. we follow him or we follow another , but never ever both . if you wont renounce any other but Christ then you follow another .. its not for me to judge that in you .. you judge yourself .

now
back to the topic please

Upvote 0