1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Fight Is At Your Doorstep: Who're You Standing For?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Brother Christman, Jan 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brother Christman

Brother Christman Constitution Party->11.04

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kelly: Thanks and may Jesus our Lord bless you, sis. [​IMG]

Godz and Sociopath: "Gay" people, by definition, do not serve Christ because they are unrepentent of homosexuality. That's like a thief adopting the robbery "lifestyle" (and or using kleptomania as an excuse rather than putting faith in Jehovah Rofe) and then professing to be a "sticky-fingered" Christian.

1 John sums it up: "But those who keep on sinning have never known Him or understood who He is."

2. Sociopath4Jesus

Sociopath4Jesus .

Faith:
    Atheist
    I don't know about Yonge St. anymore, but in this country it's an equal protection issue.

3. Godzman

Godzman Peace

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    Now I believe that God forgives all sins, but we all sin everyday, to say just because someone is living a homosexual lifestyle, doesn't mean they don't want to change.

4. Brother Christman

Faith:
    Baptist
    Exactly: Now that the alien, immoral values are being thrust upon the majority, it's time Christians sought equal protection.

5. Godzman

Godzman Peace

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    true, people should have equal protection not special protection,for anybody, including Christians.

6. Kelly

Kelly Dungeon Master

Faith:
    Non-Denominational
    You're welcome but I'm a d00d. I get it all the time.

7. Sociopath4Jesus

Sociopath4Jesus .

Faith:
    Atheist
    "Gay" people, by definition, do not serve Christ because they are unrepentent of homosexuality.

Jesus never said a **** thing about gay people. They way you lot carry on about this stuff you'd think the Gospels were entirely devoted to Jesus' various condemnations of homosexuality. Unfortunately, none of the evangelists saw fit to record Jesus' thoughts on the subject. I wouldn't be at all surprised if, like most people, Jesus couldn't have cared less about people's sexual orientation. So long as they were loving each other, why would Jesus care? After all, Jesus' primary message was one of love, was it not? Of course you'd never know it from perusing some of the threads and posts by various self-styled "Christians" around here.

8. DianeCourt

DianeCourt My Dog Wants Steak

Faith:
    Christian
    Enlighten me, what rights have Christians been denied?

9. Godzman

Godzman Peace

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    actually just to use the gospels as scripture is clearly wrong jesus supported the scripture that was written down the OT, and we all know the views on homosexuality, but it is not exclusive to that sin though

10. Brother Christman

Faith:
    Baptist
    I should clarify: I do believe homosexuals who're truly repentent can end the practice, seek salvation, and should be accepted into churches. Those who profess to be "gay" and Christian, however, have gone apostate (and arrogantly assuming we can or should just go back and edit the Bible to deny the truth won't change the facts in His eyes).

Agreed. Unfortunately, homosexuals have a distinct advantage. Their rights, according to the SCOTUS, for example, outweigh Christian's.

That ain't equal.

11. Sociopath4Jesus

Sociopath4Jesus .

Faith:
    Atheist
    Exactly: Now that the alien, immoral values are being thrust upon the majority, it's time Christians sought equal protection.

lol - non sequitur of the month.

12. Sociopath4Jesus

Sociopath4Jesus .

Faith:
    Atheist
    Unfortunately, homosexuals have a distinct advantage. Their rights, according to the SCOTUS, for example, outweigh Christian's.

Citation please.

13. Brother Christman

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yup. He said He hadn't come to destroy the Law or prophets "but to fulfill".

In a nutshell, if He didn't give us a memo on a particular change, a given Law still stands. This isn't meant to say that we must all keep Kosher, but it affirms passages like Leviticus 18:22.

14. Godzman

Godzman Peace

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    there are people who still use drugs, and lie, and steal, and get drunk and are Christians, as long as they are striving to end the behaviour they are serving Christ.

15. Sociopath4Jesus

Sociopath4Jesus .

Faith:
    Atheist
    This isn't meant to say that we must all keep Kosher, but it affirms passages like Leviticus 18:22.

Why is that? Are you picking and choosing which OT "laws" to follow and which ones to ignore?

16. Brother Christman

Faith:
    Baptist
    Read a newspaper about sodomy laws being struck down in the face of the majority who do not support homosexual "marriage". Note how the UN is being petitioned to eliminate freedom of religion.

17. Godzman

Godzman Peace

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    jesus fulfilled the law of the sacrifice of atonement, and the NT deals with Jewish tradition and oral Law and how gentiles should deal with them.

18. draper

draper Perspicacious Poster

Faith:
    Agnostic
    This thread is ridiculous. To the thread starter, you are no better then any gay person, and really by sitting here trying to oppress them, you're jeopardizing your place in Heaven.

19. Godzman

Godzman Peace

Faith:
    Pentecostal
    i think a lot of us agree, even the thread starter

20. Sociopath4Jesus

Sociopath4Jesus .

Faith:
    Atheist
    Read a newspaper ...

Oh no, you're not getting off that easily. You said:

Their rights, according to the SCOTUS, for example, outweigh Christian's.

Now, give me the citation(s). Cite the case(s).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.