Not open for further replies.

LoveAlways

Apr 11, 2007
✟15,794.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
What are the ethics of child free couples? I personally believe it is unethical to be "child free". I believe it is selfish and frankly quite sickening. What are your opinions on child free couples?
You are sickened over my lack of children? Oh, hunny, you're wasting valuable time over something that does not concern you. If someone feels convicted that GOD approves, or even encourages, their lack of children, do you really think they are going to care what you have to say about it?

Upvote 0

Sign Of The Fish Burger

Black holes are where God divided by zero.
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2003
✟58,931.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
What about contributing to your wife's salvation?

P. A reading from Timothy, Chapter 2, verses 13-15:

1 Timothy 2:13-15
13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 Adam wasn’t deceived, but the woman, being deceived, has fallen into disobedience; 15 but she will be saved through her childbearing, if they continue in faith, love, and sanctification with sobriety.

P. The Word of the Lord.
C. Thanks be to God.

God's Word is quite clear about this: no babies = no salvation.
And what about all of us infertile couples out there? Am I going to hell too???

Reactions: UberLutheran
Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve. 14 Adam wasn’t deceived, but the woman, being deceived, has fallen into disobedience; 15 but she will be saved through her childbearing, if they continue in faith, love, and sanctification with sobriety.

P. The Word of the Lord.
C. Thanks be to God.

To all the people who are worried about losing their salvation (or their partner losing their salvation) because they aren't planning to have kids:

My response was FACETIOUS. Several of the conservative Christians here "cherry-pick" through Scripture to find the one perfect proof-text which justifies their belief about a given subject; so I decided to use the quote from 1 Timothy 2:13-15 to show what happens when Scripture is read too literally -- and out of context.

My own personal belief is exactly the opposite: whether or not one has kids is strict between the couple and God. If people decide not to have kids -- there are still plenty enough kids on the planet to make sure we can overpopulate for several more generations (and a good many of those kids on the planet go to bed hungry every night, as it is).

Reactions: HeyHomie
Upvote 0

BlackLamb

Dec 27, 2004
Visit site
✟8,156.00
Faith
Christian

P. The Word of the Lord.
C. Thanks be to God.

Hah. You had me going there until I saw who posted it. Nice. ^_^

Anyway, what about the people that simply don't like children? If everyone had to have kids, would you really want them raised in a home where they're not welcome?

I think it's selfish to expect everyone to have children, especially when, as others have pointed out, overpopulation is a problem in some areas of the world.

Upvote 0

ZuZu

Contributor
Dec 16, 2005
✟20,781.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Private
What are the ethics of child free couples? I personally believe it is unethical to be "child free". I believe it is selfish and frankly quite sickening. What are your opinions on child free couples?
:doh:These kinds of "personal" judgements would be better left unsaid. A decision about children is between a couple and God.

Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,681.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Umm, for one thing, I am not judging any one person. I am judging the attitude of being child free. I am not judging those who cannot have children because of financial difficulties or infertility or other just reasons. I just think it is selfish when a perfectly able couple chooses not to have children when they are perfectly able to do so.

Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

P. The Word of the Lord.
C. Thanks be to God.

You need to read alot more into that scripture. We all know that salvation comes from Christ alone. Not through a womans uterus. There is neither male nor female when it comes to Jesus. Woman can be saved from the guilt of this deception by child bearing. For the curese has been turned into a blessing for those who are in Christ. Read the whole of the curse of the woman. Which now we don't have for Jesus became that curse to us.

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Umm, for one thing, I am not judging any one person. I am judging the attitude of being child free. I am not judging those who cannot have children because of financial difficulties or infertility or other just reasons. I just think it is selfish when a perfectly able couple chooses not to have children when they are perfectly able to do so.

Why is it selfish though? Who does it hurt if a couple choose not to have children? If people don't want children, that's fine, whatever the reason. If a couple who don't want children have a child, it harms both the couple and the child. If they don't have a child, it harms nobody.

Reactions: fuzzymel
Upvote 0

IamAdopted

Nov 22, 2006
South Carolina
✟18,557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What does having Children have to do with not being selfish? This is my question. For those who do not want children or cannot have children they may have a different ministry. :) Not all are called to have Children.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Who are you to say what is selfish for anyone other than yourself? You can say you are not judging "any one person" all you like, but so what? Don Imus wasn't judging "any one person" when he made his infamous comment either, but he offended a whole group of people by doing so. That is what you are doing by saying you think child-free people are unethical, selfish, and immoral, and that you are sickened by them. You are saying that in a public forum. Do you think no child-free people read here? Do you think you are not imposing your own personal judgement on them?

Who are you to judge that an attitude is selfish?

If someone wants something, and they buy it, are they being selfish by doing so? If you want a new car, and you buy a new car, you are doing something solely for yourself, not to benefit anyone else. One could argue that is a selfish act.

If someone doesn't want something, and therefore they do not obtain it, who is to say that is selfish and not just their own preference? If I do not want peas for dinner, and I don't eat peas for dinner, am I being selfish? Am I hurting pea-farmers? My local grocery store? Green Giant? Or am I just not having something that I don't want?

Don't you think it is more selfish to not want a child, and have one anyway? Then you are hurting an innocent child who is stuck with parents who didn't want it. That is selfish.

You are "perfectly able" to keep your judgements to yourself. I think it is selfish for you not to do so.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Could you make a list of the all the valid reasons for childlessness, please?

Upvote 0

UberLutheran

Feb 2, 2004
✟20,440.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You need to read alot more into that scripture. We all know that salvation comes from Christ alone. Not through a womans uterus. There is neither male nor female when it comes to Jesus. Woman can be saved from the guilt of this deception by child bearing. For the curese has been turned into a blessing for those who are in Christ. Read the whole of the curse of the woman. Which now we don't have for Jesus became that curse to us.

I am merely reporting to you what Scripture plainly states.

Satan knew how to get to Adam via the weakest link, which was woman.

Had Adam not listened to the woman, there would be no sin today. Women are directly responsible for bringing sin into the world.

Therefore, it is through woman that sin is transmitted from generation to generation, and why God has ordained that women are to have NO authority over men for any reason, whatsoever.

I heard that expostulation from the minister at at my sister's very fundamentalist church when I visited, as a justification as to why women are supposed to obey not just their husband, but any man in authority and why women are to have NO authority, under any circumstances, over men.

(By the way: I walked out of the service and drove over to the Lutheran service, which is what I should have done in the first place.)

Upvote 0

Amélie Unbound

Just doing the best I can.
May 11, 2005
Canada
✟4,727.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'd rather discuss the ethics of people who don't own cats. I personally believe it is unethical to be "cat free". I believe it is selfish and frankly quite sickening. What are your opinions on cat free people?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

snoochface

Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.
Jan 3, 2005
San Marcos, CA
✟175,547.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I'd rather discuss the ethics of people who don't own cats. I personally believe it is unethical to be "cat free". I believe it is selfish and frankly quite sickening. What are your opinions on cat free people?
Obviously, people who don't own cats are lacking in common sense and morals.

Upvote 0

apsalmistspraise

Painting with the words of the Lord...
Apr 15, 2007
Anderson, In
Visit site
✟11,480.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
yeah ummmmm what about the child free couples with no choice. who are certain people to decide who is being sinful or MORALLY WRONG for not having a child when they have no clue what the reasoning is for them being childless. MINE IS being baron for years. Is this my fault? no.! Who is the judge here? you ? me? NOOOOO. no one can judge why someone is not reproducing.

Upvote 0

Pogue

left CF, please see profile for further details
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2006
http://www.thesonscafe.com/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15
✟59,840.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Greens
Obviously, people who don't own cats are lacking in common sense and morals.
:eek: Oh noes! I have a rabbit, will that do? What about a pretend ferret which only exists on my CF character?

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
I won't judge people who because of infertility or other health problems, or because of financial or other just reasons can't have cats.

But the people who choose to not have cats while they are perfectly able to have them, grrrrrrr. :mad: That makes me so, so sad. :sigh: I don't understand that lifestyle at all. :sick:

And I said this on behalf of my three cats, Minneke, Okki and Ada. God bless them. Someone did want them, thank goodness! (may God bless her, too! :holy: )

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.