✟254,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Bruce was raised Lutheran but stated a dislike for organized religions:

Organized religions in general, in my opinion, are dying forms. They were all very important when we didn’t know why the sun moved, why weather changed, why hurricanes occurred, or volcanoes happened. Modern religion is the end trail of modern mythology. But there are people who interpret the Bible literally. Literally! I choose not to believe that’s the way.​
I believe there are a lot of things in the world that happen that are inexplicable but still happen. And I accept that, and that to me is part of what I call God. But God is also this snow, and God is also the little buds that come out on the trees, little babies that get born. That’s my God. But organized religion you can set on fire.​

Interesting that you delve into religion. When i simply states Bruce Willis, if he had ever believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life. His life would end well, no matter the state of his earthly body.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Interesting that you delve into religion. When i simply states Bruce Willis, if he had ever believed in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life. His life would end well, no matter the state of his earthly body.
I'm simply stating that Willis grew up in the Lutheran church. I'm not making any judgements on his salvation as that is God's business.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,919,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm simply stating that Willis grew up in the Lutheran church. I'm not making any judgements on his salvation as that is God's business.

One way or the other, he's in Aitch, isn't he?

• Haha
Reactions: Divide
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

But as should be known, growing up in a church means nothing really as an indicator to a persons belief or non belief in Jesus for Eternal Life. A person has to believe in The One who can give The Life of God to them.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
But as should be known, growing up in a church means nothing really as an indicator to a persons belief or non belief in Jesus for Eternal Life. A person has to believe in The One who can give The Life of God to them.
Maybe it is none of YOUR business either.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The brain is very much needed. Without the brain a person does not exist. You are your brain. There are no examples of minds existing without brains. The arrogance of this post is astounding. That one might call medical professionals who have studied the brain extensively and rely on decades worth of peer-reviewed literature and their own experience "ignorant". Just wow.

Aw your just reading the wrong literature. I know of thousands of examples of people exisiting without their brain.

What do we do now? my experience shows you to be being fairly ignorant yourself. Wow, just wow.

See what can happen when you read the wrong stuff?!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟247,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Aw your just reading the wrong literature. I know of thousands of examples of people exisiting without their brain.

What do we do now? my experience shows you to be being fairly ignorant yourself. Wow, just wow.

See what can happen when you read the wrong stuff?!
No clue what you're talking about.

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No clue what you're talking about.

I know. Because I'm speaking biblical precepts. Which you obviously disagree with, or simply just havent learned yet. But I promise you, it's in your bible.

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟247,531.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I know. Because I'm speaking biblical precepts. Which you obviously disagree with, or simply just havent learned yet. But I promise you, it's in your bible.
I don't believe most of the stories in your holy book so, I don't really care what it says. What does this have to do with anything? I don't see how it has anything to do with the topic of the thread. Are you just attacking me because I'm an "evil atheist?" since you don't know anything about me and what I have read or my level of knowledge? Seems that way. Do you have actual real-world examples of people walking around confirmed to have no brain matter in their skulls, but living perfectly normal lives?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Maybe it is none of YOUR business either.

Well coming from a person who thinks God is snow, your assessment does not carry much weight with me.

I was not making a judgement on the eventual destiny of Bruce Willis, but was saying that if (like anyone else) he at some point in his life did believe in Jesus for God's free gift of Eternal Life. That however bad his physical life may end up, it will be nothing compared to his life in eternity.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,631.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well coming from a person who thinks God is snow, your assessment does not carry much weight with me.

Psalti was quoting Bruce Willis there.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Divide

Apr 19, 2017
Columbus
✟81,211.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Against my better judgement...But can you give a specific example?

I'm impressed that anyone said hey give us one. I will. You will need deductive reasoning.

Do you understand how many personal Testimonies that I have heard from people? How many Testimonies have you ever heard where people give account of being taken up in spirit to somewhere else?

I'm as skeptical as the next guy but they can't all be lying.
What about all those people who say they've had a NDE and they did go somewhere else on the other side?

SO what do we do? Tell all of those people that they are lying? Or could we use deductive reasoning to conclude, hey if all these people have said these things, that they went someplace and met with people at the same time that their body is dead on the table, then there's more to it than his brain is dead, so who was it that went somewhere? See what I mean? They aint all lying. We're just not sure how they all tie together in function. We are spirit-sou-body and they can work together, but that consciousness can't continue outside of the brain when the brain dies is absolute nonsense in my opinion.

Everybody isn't lying about NDE's and divine visitations and so forth. There's too many to dismiss every one.

Upvote 0

Warden_of_the_Storm

Oct 16, 2015
Wales
✟361,617.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
I'm impressed that anyone said hey give us one. I will. You will need deductive reasoning.

Do you understand how many personal Testimonies that I have heard from people? How many Testimonies have you ever heard where people give account of being taken up in spirit to somewhere else?

I'm as skeptical as the next guy but they can't all be lying.
What about all those people who say they've had a NDE and they did go somewhere else on the other side?

SO what do we do? Tell all of those people that they are lying? Or could we use deductive reasoning to conclude, hey if all these people have said these things, that they went someplace and met with people at the same time that their body is dead on the table, then there's more to it than his brain is dead, so who was it that went somewhere? See what I mean? They aint all lying. We're just not sure how they all tie together in function. We are spirit-sou-body and they can work together, but that consciousness can't continue outside of the brain when the brain dies is absolute nonsense in my opinion.

Everybody isn't lying about NDE's and divine visitations and so forth. There's too many to dismiss every one.

Out of body experiences aren't really the same as someone existing without their brain. Out of body experiences are a whole separate thing to a person not having a brain and being able to live, as the OP claims.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0