Feb 9, 2014
✟911,108.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I must have been on so many 'coffee dates' withiut realisig they were actually dates. A date is more than just a meeting in my book.

Exactly, which is why most of those times, if not all, it was 'just meeting'.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
This could be a futile post, as your continual stating that you don't drink coffee shows that you're just not getting it, but I'll give it another try.

Coffee shops don't just sell coffee, and no one is going to insist that their date drink coffee if they don't want to. When some asks you out for coffee, what they're doing is inviting you to meet them somewhere where they can have a one-on-one interaction with you and spend some time getting to know you better.
Exactly. Even people who don't drink coffee know exactly what you mean when you say "Wanna grab coffee sometime?" They wouldn't refuse the offer because of that...
Well, i dont live in america. Sorry. We just dont do that here.
My New Zealand/Aussie friends seem to have the exact same attitude toward coffee as Americans do. What part of NZ are you from, out of curiosity? Is it rural?

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟213,019.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
The whole question and answer thing can be handled in a simple emailed questionaire. Lol.

Seriously? If a woman emailed me a questionnaire or insisted that I send her one, that would end things right there. I can handle slightly weird, but that would be going too far.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
I wish ppl would read the OP instead of trying to fix their coffee addictions.
You're really just not getting it. This is reality. There's a reason why nearly everyone is telling you the same thing. People go on coffee dates, often as a first date, so guys are telling you that they would offer this, and girls are saying that they would like this. New Zealand-specific statistics have been presented to you, and you're still insisting that it's all a crazy fantasy. I don't understand what you want to achieve in this thread if you're only interested in spending pages insulting the way that most other people in countries such as the US, UK, and NZ do things. Many, many people have read your OP and answered your question.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟86,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Doesn't the question of "where you'll go for your next date" really depend on the girl in question and what you both like?
Well yes, you are one of the few guys who gets it.
Why would a girl go to a coffee house with you if she hates starbucks?

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,839.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That's true. I mean there are Gala's and White Tie events, for example, but those are generally something else entirely. It's just so uncommon to hear someone say "I was dancing with this chick last night and I'm taking her out again tonight!" that I wouldn't count it as a remotely common occurrence. That might happen at a dance club, but usually the only thing happening afterwards is an R-rated feature that we are prohibited from discussing in this forum. ⊙.☉
A friend of mine actually heads up a salsa club (as in organization, not an establishment) that gives lessons before open dance. Assuming I get my skill level up to the point where I don't bore myself after 60 seconds, I'm going to assume that I would meet this woman on salsa night.

We would really, really, really need to hit it off if there is going to be a date that I'm getting out of it. It's a very casual atmosphere, you dance with other people's wives and girlfriends, and it's not a thing. You shoot the breeze
(usually with other guys, people are shy like that) when you step outside to take a breather.

That said, if a date happens, and if it immediately after, we're hitting a bar or a 24 hours restaurant like Denny's. I would think I have better chances of impressing at a bar. Particularly one that had one or more of the local microbrews on tap.

Well, i dont live in america. Sorry. We just dont do that here.
Out of curiosity, what country are you from/in?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟86,375.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
what do you mean is this for real?
Its on CF. Everything on CF is real. Unless you're just an imaginary christian? :)
Also..girl on fire, you posted in the wrong thread. Unless you change your avatar to 'boy' I wrote 'guy only' for this one. That's the rule. But you can make your own if you like.

I really don't know about some people. You think they are genuine then they just turn out to be joking. Sigh. Although I did mention a 'hypothetical single girl of your dreams you met at a dance who hates starbucks but wore a really nice dress who only wants to dance with you while having a conversation and then a drink that you will ask out on a date and she's wondering what you've got planned' so, you work out what 'hypothetical' means.

Reactions: Rhamiel
Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
She won't go to a pub.
Is this role-playing? Is that what's happening here? Why is this hypothetical girl such a complicated and unusual character? :sleep: I thought the point was just for the guys to share date ideas that they've had. Who cares if the ideas are appealing to every possible fictional girl? They don't need to be.

Reactions: TheGirlOnFire
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟438,900.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A friend of mine actually heads up a salsa club (as in organization, not an establishment) that gives lessons before open dance. Assuming I get my skill level up to the point where I don't bore myself after 60 seconds, I'm going to assume that I would meet this woman on salsa night.

We would really, really, really need to hit it off if there is going to be a date that I'm getting out of it. It's a very casual atmosphere, you dance with other people's wives and girlfriends, and it's not a thing. You shoot the breeze
(usually with other guys, people are shy like that) when you step outside to take a breather.

That said, if a date happens, and if it immediately after, we're hitting a bar or a 24 hours restaurant like Denny's. I would think I have better chances of impressing at a bar. Particularly one that had one or more of the local microbrews on tap.

Out of curiosity, what country are you from/in?

Me? Or Goodbook? I'm from the U.S. (Northern California).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.