somewhere
✟110,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
(Skype isn't a date (Texting far worse) but making kimchi together on Skype might be ahaha!
I've never dated but...
I'd maybe ask her for a shared activity like breakfast and coffee at a nice place before church if you go to the same church.
Maybe that or lunch somewhere that you both would like.
Just somewhere that's light duty, simple, nice, and not complex which fosters a calm environment for casual chatting.

Last edited:
Reactions: lnname
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ok this is for guys only.
You are taking out a girl you met at a dance for your first date together. What have you got planned?

Ps. Do not say you just gonna skype her or txt her. That is not a date. A date means going out somewhere together.

Depends on the woman.

Im not going to take a woman that like opera to a drag race.

Im not going to take a woman that loves Chinese food to a Mexican restaurant.

I custom my dates to the woman.... not a cookie cutter date. If all women were the same, Id have married the first woman I dated all those years ago and stopped looking for the woman I want to marry. Since women arent all the same, she gets a custom tailored date with me that is based off what I have learned about her.

Sure, I may end up taking her on a date to a place that doesnt suit her tastes because I didn't learn that about her until that date....... but that just means the next one (if it happens) will be that much more tailored to her tastes.

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟435,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ok this is for guys only.
You are taking out a girl you met at a dance for your first date together. What have you got planned?

Ps. Do not say you just gonna skype her or txt her. That is not a date. A date means going out somewhere together.

If I'm taking a girl out whom I met at a dance, then I must be in high school, so I'm probably taking her out to a movie to have her home by 8:00 to her mommy and daddy.

If I met a woman at an adult function or church or in class or something, then as a first date I would either take her out for coffee or a drink to get to know each other. Dinner is too much, and it can be a trap. If it's a bad date you may still have to wait for your food, but if you're just having a few beers or a scotch, then you can finish the drink and call it a night.

Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ok at the dance you do have a conversation with her and learn just a little bit enough to want to go on a date with her. Where do you go? Also, you have had a drink with her at this dance, so already had an opportunity to chat. (the drink, just meaning a drink, does not mean necessarily mean alcoholic, it could have been a cup of tea).

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟435,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Okay, if I was at a club and met a girl (which is generally one of the only places in America where adults dance, we don't have "dances" as adults here like high schoolers and middle schoolers do), and we were going to do something that same night, I would take her someplace quieter where we could talk. So probably a casual bar that had good cocktails. If we were going to go out the next day I would suggest coffee. If we hit it off at coffee and wanted to see each other again, I would suggest a walk in the park.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh gosh I thought people would have more imaginations but ok. I mean I dont even drink coffee or cocktails.

Also, there is coffee at the dance and any kind of drink you want.

So the real date is a walk in the park.
I dont count going out for coffee as a date. You can have coffee home, its nothing special. Its like going out for a smoko or morning tea, something you do on a break from work.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Goodbook

Reading the Bible
Jan 22, 2011
New Zealand
Visit site
✟78,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Depends on the woman.

Im not going to take a woman that like opera to a drag race.

Im not going to take a woman that loves Chinese food to a Mexican restaurant.

I custom my dates to the woman.... not a cookie cutter date. If all women were the same, Id have married the first woman I dated all those years ago and stopped looking for the woman I want to marry. Since women arent all the same, she gets a custom tailored date with me that is based off what I have learned about her.

Sure, I may end up taking her on a date to a place that doesnt suit her tastes because I didn't learn that about her until that date....... but that just means the next one (if it happens) will be that much more tailored to her tastes.
Top marks for asking a woman what she likes to do...

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
It depends on well I know her, if we've known each other a while, then probably dinner. If we don't know each other well, it's probably going to be coffee or drinks. If she doesn't drink I'll suggest ice cream/frozen yogurt. First dates should provide for a quick out if it goes to the crapper.

Upvote 0

MarkSB

May 5, 2006
✟68,196.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I dont count going out for coffee as a date. You can have coffee home, its nothing special. Its like going out for a smoko or morning tea, something you do on a break from work.

The point of a date is to get together and spend time with each other... I don't think there's any restrictions on which activities you go to do.

Coffee is a social occasion, one where people can have casual conversation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟435,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
If a girl doesn't drink coffee or alcohol then it's not likely I would take her out at all because right off the bat we do not have those two things in common.

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If I'm taking a girl out whom I met at a dance, then I must be in high school, so I'm probably taking her out to a movie to have her home by 8:00 to her mommy and daddy.
*sneaks into thread*

My thought exactly. ^_^ I miss dances...

Upvote 0

Tom Mix

May 31, 2015
Earth, for now.
✟11,536.00
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Dancing? Is this the big band era of 1942? Are you about 80 or something?

My dates are as this.........

We meet up and go run around and find some trouble for a couple of hours.

We then go get a really good double cheeseburger and large Dr. pepper.

We then go to the drive-in and make out in the back of my Jeep for a couple of hours.

If your up to making me a sandwich we go back to my place and you make me a sandwich.

Then if you have taxi money you go home so I can get some sleep.

Oops, hold on, that is the pre Christian me which I think is funny sometimes but not they way to be.

The way it is done now goes like this.......

We meet up and go run around and find some trouble for a couple of hours.

We then go get a really good double cheeseburger and large Dr. pepper.

We then go to the drive-in and make out in the back of my Jeep for a couple of hours.

After that I take you home where I shake your hand good night.

Reactions: Cearbhall
Upvote 0

Toro

Oh, Hello!
Jan 27, 2012
You don't get to stalk me. :|
✟338,520.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Top marks for asking a woman what she likes to do...

Why wouldn't I? I mean after all. If I am taking this woman out on dates it means I am trying to see if there is anything to build a relationship on. Relationships aren't one sided.... why should what we do be?

Now if she says she doesn't know what she wants to eat... then I will choose..... if she doesnt like it then she should have said something when I asked. Toro will feed a lady what she seeks, but will not wait all night playing the "I don't know, what do you want?" game. :p

When it comes to a hunger. Aint nobody got time for that.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.