✟302,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
w - i - t - c - h - c - r - a - f - t

Yes. All those scientific discoveries were made by witches cooking a potion in their cauldron.

Besides, if you think so lowly of it, why do you benefit from the knowledge evolutionary theory gives us? Or do you not get antibiotics, flu shots, etc?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yes. All those scientific discoveries were made by witches cooking a potion in their cauldron.
Why is it everytime someone critiques macroevolution, the reply is from a microevolution standpoint.

Name one medicine we have in existence today, compliments of macroevolution.
KTS said:
Besides, if you think so lowly of it, why do you benefit from the knowledge evolutionary theory gives us?
I don't believe macroevolution has anything to offer us.
KTS said:
Or do you not get antibiotics, flu shots, etc?
I would get them on an as-needed basis, just as Jesus told me to do.

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why is it everytime someone critiques macroevolution, the reply is from a microevolution standpoint.

The process of macroevolution is the same as the process of microevolution, just over a different time scale.

Seriously, what you are saying is that walking a kilometer down the street to the shops is a fundamentally different thing to walking into the kitchen.

Name one medicine we have in existence today, compliments of macroevolution.

As I said, the process is the same. Your attempts to pretend that they are two different things is irrelevant.

I don't believe macroevolution has anything to offer us.

And you'd be wrong

I would get them on an as-needed basis, just as Jesus told me to do.

What passage is it where Jesus recommends getting your flu shots? Book and verse please.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The process of macroevolution is the same as the process of microevolution, just over a different time scale.
No, it isn't.

It's much more than that.
KTS said:
Seriously, what you are saying is that walking a kilometer down the street to the shops is a fundamentally different thing to walking into the kitchen.
Except evolution takes it further.

In evolution, once you get to the shops, you have to agree that the shops are an extension of my kitchen.

Taking baby steps from Boston to L.A. is not the same thing as believing Boston and L.A. are cousins.
KTS said:
As I said, the process is the same. Your attempts to pretend that they are two different things is irrelevant.
All that baby-step stuff shows is deep time.

Nothing more.
KTS said:
And you'd be wrong
I seriously doubt it.
KTS said:
What passage is it where Jesus recommends getting your flu shots? Book and verse please.

Luke 5:31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.

This passage is the beloved physician (Luke) quoting the Great Physician (Jesus Christ).

Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
No, it isn't.

It's much more than that.

No, the processes are the same in both.

Except evolution takes it further.

In evolution, once you get to the shops, you have to agree that the shops are an extension of my kitchen.

Taking baby steps from Boston to L.A. is not the same thing as believing Boston and L.A. are cousins.

You care to support this? Because none of the stuff I have read about evolution would indicate this.

All that baby-step stuff shows is deep time.

Nothing more.

And microevolution over deep time is macro evolution. Get it?

I seriously doubt it.

Doubt your wrongness all you want. You're still wrong.

Luke 5:31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
This passage is the beloved physician (Luke) quoting the Great Physician (Jesus Christ).

Sorry, I must have missed the words talking about flu shots in that. Perhaps you could highlight them for me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry, I must have missed the words talking about flu shots in that. Perhaps you could highlight them for me?
It's stuff like this that tells me the questioner isn't really trying to understand.

Upvote 0

TrannasapiensRex

Jun 10, 2006
some where over the rainbow
✟15,229.00
Faith
Agnostic
Politics
US-Others
A design requires a Designer, creation requires a Creator. Random chance could not have created the world we live in. The math simply does not allow for that. This world could not have created itself.
These designs do not require a Designer they are created by a purely natural process based on the random nature of fractal math.
There are designs like this found every where in nature.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/173881235588409807/
http://gem-sphalerite.com/inclusions-in-opal/133-dendritic-opal-509

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,270.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's stuff like this that tells me the questioner isn't really trying to understand.

If you mean that I'm not willing to make the same mental gymnastics that you must do in order to interpret a Bible verse to what you think it means, then no, I'm not.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If you mean that I'm not willing to make the same mental gymnastics that you must do in order to interpret a Bible verse to what you think it means, then no, I'm not.
Yet, you'll challenge me to do it, won't you?

Specifically, you'll challenge me to show you the words "flu" and "shots" next to each other in the Bible, else I can't get flu shots on an as-needed basis?

Speaking of "mental gymnastics," who's the one on the monkey bars?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I wonder how many atheist parents won't let their children, who believe in the Bible, get medical attention (or whatever) unless they first admit "it's not in the Bible" or "the Bible is wrong"?

Upvote 0

HitchSlap

PROUDLY PRIMATE
Aug 6, 2012
✟281,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many atheist parents won't let their children, who believe in the Bible, get medical attention (or whatever) unless they first admit "it's not in the Bible" or "the Bible is wrong"?
I give up. How many?

Upvote 0

Foxhole87

Feb 17, 2008
✟16,106.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I'd wager that number is eclipsed by the theist parents who won't let their children received medical treatment on the grounds that something in scripture could be interpreted to be critical of a necessary medical treatment.

Reactions: Kylie
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,227.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'd wager that number is eclipsed by the theist parents who won't let their children received medical treatment on the grounds that something in scripture could be interpreted to be critical of a necessary medical treatment.
Either way it's wrong.

Upvote 0