The convicted cop-murderer featured in a Trump ad came to U.S. under Bush and used AR-15 Republicans

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
The convicted cop-murderer featured in a Trump ad came to U.S. under Bush and used AR-15 Republicans refuse to ban

A new racially-charged ad released by President Donald Trump and the Republican Party on Wednesday featured a convicted cop-killer who was in the United States illegally. The man, Luis Bracamontes, was convicted in February and sentenced to death in April for the murder of two California deputies in October 2014.

The president’s new ad, which remained pinned to the top of his Twitter profile as of Thursday, claimed that “Democrats let him into the country,” and “Democrats let him stay.”

Trump further encouraged those who saw the video to “vote Republican now!” because it was “outrageous what the Democrats are doing to our country.”

But Bracamontes, in fact, returned to the country under the watch of Republican and Democratic administrations, and remained in America under both Republicans and Democrats.

After being deported by President Bill Clinton and again by President George W. Bush, Bracamontes reportedly returned to the U.S. illegally his final time under Bush where he remained until the 2014 shooting of the two sheriff’s deputies.

In addition, the president’s ad fails to mention that Bracamontes used an AR-15 assault rifle to murder the two police officers, a popular weapon of choice for mass shooters and one that Republicans, Trump included, do not support banning.

The man accused of murdering 11 people at a synagogue in Pittsburgh last week, who critics say was inspired by the kind of racially-dividing rhetoric that the President and the GOP support in campaign advertisements like the one featuring Bracamontes, was also armed with an AR-15 rifle.

Trump's ad also fails to mention that Bracamontes was arrested on drug charges but let loose by his good buddy / convict Sheriff Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Twice.

Aryeh Jay

Gone and hopefully forgotten.
Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Did the AR-15 kill the police officers by itself or was it the person behind the trigger? I say this because I currently have three that have not killed anyone and my wife wants to go out to the range tomorrow to learn to shoot them. If the guy potentially coming to murder me at my house of worship is going to be carrying one when he commits mass murder, I would like to have the ability to respond with my own AR-15 instead of a single shot shotgun or Brown Bess Muzzleloader.

Reactions: Sketcher
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟327,377.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Seems I remember that day George Bush drove down to the border and picked him up in Limo 1. Even gave him the AR-15 if I remember right. I guess the guy wasn't an illegal alien after all.

Your version of things has more truth to it than what Trump pulled out of his [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] to wave in front of his base.

Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,115,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Trump's ad also fails to mention that Bracamontes was arrested on drug charges but let loose by his good buddy / convict Sheriff Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Twice.
Small correction. Records showed that he spent 4 mths in Arpaios jail and was released to ICE. The second time Arpaio had him records show he was released but the records don't say why. Could have been a false arrest, no charges brought, who knows.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Small correction. Records showed that he spent 4 mths in Arpaios jail and was released to ICE. The second time Arpaio had him records show he was released but the records don't say why. Could have been a false arrest, no charges brought, who knows.

Could have been a crooked deal, or it could just have been incompetence. Arpaio also dropped the ball on prosecuting child molestation cases.

"Both cases were among more than 400 sex-crimes reported to Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's office during a three-year period ending in 2007 — including dozens of alleged child molestations — that were inadequately investigated and in some instances were not worked at all, according to current and former police officers familiar with the cases.

"In El Mirage alone, where Arpaio's office was providing contract police services, officials discovered at least 32 reported child molestations — with victims as young as 2 years old — where the sheriff's office failed to follow through, even though suspects were known in all but six cases.
Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio Under Fire For Mishandled Sex-Crime Cases

Arpaio did apologize, saying his people had been overwhelmed by cases. It's understandable; at the time, he had a team of investigators in Hawaii, trying to determine if President Obama had been born in Kenya.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,438,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It hardly matters. Bush and Obama were both terrible on border security.

The United States Congress has utterly failed to address comprehensive immigration reform. There have been bi-partisan moments of opportunity - such as the Senate bill in 2013 - but the House Republicans killed it. The so-called Freedom Caucus saw to that.....

• Agree
Reactions: Go Braves
Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
The United States Congress has utterly failed to address comprehensive immigration reform. There have been bi-partisan moments of opportunity - such as the Senate bill in 2013 - but the House Republicans killed it. The so-called Freedom Caucus saw to that.....

They were probably reminded of the Democrat President that gave all the illegals amnesty back in 1986.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟371,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
They were probably reminded of the Democrat President that gave all the illegals amnesty back in 1986.

Wouldn't it be great to hear what Ronald Reagan might have to say about the clowns running things today?

Upvote 0

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Wouldn't it be great to hear what Ronald Reagan might have to say about the clowns running things today?

I suppose that he would be shouted down.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aryeh Jay

Site Supporter
Jul 19, 2012
MI - Michigan
✟520,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Reagan would be much too moderate for this crowd. Yup, a RINO, just like McCain. Don't you dare work with those across the isle.

I prefer people who weren’t captured or former Democrats…

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟279,478.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Obama actually set a record for the number of illegal aliens deported.
Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President
Obama Has Deported More People Than Any Other President

If you think that's "terrible", then you're in favor of open borders.

That canard again? That article is talking about people intercepted crossing the border. The were so numerous because so many came to the border to take advantage of Obama's softness. If you read further down the article, you'll see that the number of deportations from the interior was very low - which speaks to the systemic non-enforcement of immigration law during his administration. Those are deportations that Obama couldn't stop if he wanted to. The headline's assertion that Obama deported them is a bald face lie.

The last President who truly showed any strength in this regard was Eisenhower.

wing2000 said:
The United States Congress has utterly failed to address comprehensive immigration reform.

If you're talking about another amnesty like in 1986, then it's to their credit that they haven't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hank77

Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2015
✟1,115,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That canard again? That article is talking about people intercepted crossing the border. The were so numerous because so many came to the border to take advantage of Obama's softness. If you read further down the article, you'll see that the number of deportations from the interior was very low - which speaks to the systemic non-enforcement of immigration law during his administration. Those are deportations that Obama couldn't stop if he wanted to. The headline's assertion that Obama deported them is a bald face lie.
Between 2009 and 2015 his administration has removed more than 2.5 million people through immigration orders, which doesn’t include the number of people who "self-deported" or were turned away and/or returned to their home country at the border by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP).

I'm not seeing what you are talking about. Would you quote from the article, please?

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
It hardly matters. Bush and Obama were both terrible on border security.

It matters tremendously since Trump's whole point was to try to fault Democrats. He's bent over & talked from his behind about this right into the microphone.

Upvote 0

2tim_215

Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2017
New York
✟105,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Did the AR-15 kill the police officers by itself or was it the person behind the trigger? I say this because I currently have three that have not killed anyone and my wife wants to go out to the range tomorrow to learn to shoot them. If the guy potentially coming to murder me at my house of worship is going to be carrying one when he commits mass murder, I would like to have the ability to respond with my own AR-15 instead of a single shot shotgun or Brown Bess Muzzleloader.
Responsible people like yourself should be allowed access to AR-15s but people like this individual should not. The problem is how do you distinguish between the two and nothing seems to be happening to try and figure this out? No discussions even and whenever it comes out, people cry (especially the NRA) second amendment! I guess even nut jobs/fanatics have second amendment rights. What about first amendment rights, the right to life? I believe the founders made it first for a reason.

Upvote 0