Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Who would those few be, that will nominate Cruz for AG?
Whoever wins the nomination.
Winking_smiley.gif

I could be wrong of course but I sense general goodwill between the remaining presidential contenders. That often translates into either cabinet positions or the VP nod. Now, I seriously doubt that Ted wants to be VP ... and I also doubt that any of the others wants him to be their VP. That leaves administration positions.

Perhaps just wishful thinking on my part but, hey, you do keep asking for my opinions.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Whoever wins the nomination.
Winking_smiley.gif

I could be wrong of course but I sense general goodwill between the remaining presidential contenders. That often translates into either cabinet positions or the VP nod. Now, I seriously doubt that Ted wants to be VP ... and I also doubt that any of the others wants him to be their VP. That leaves administration positions.

Perhaps just wishful thinking on my part but, hey, you do keep asking for my opinions.

As long as you keep posting all of these OP's, highly likely I will keep asking for your opinion of them.

Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He well might. To that extent, it's hard to dispute Cruz on this point.

If he does, it will be because of two things: 1) Cruz has resisted the urge to smear Trump at some time or other during the campaign so far. When Paul and Rubio and several others decided it would help them to light into Trump, it backfired on them. Also 2) Trump's main issue is illegal immigration, and Cruz has not been equivocal or vague on this issue the way that Bush, Rubio, Walker, and others have been.

Is it your opinion then, that Trump will eventually drop out of the race and Cruz will get the bulk of current Trump supporters?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is it your opinion then, that Trump will eventually drop out of the race and Cruz will get the bulk of current Trump supporters?
No. I have no feeling about whether Trump will drop out or not. But if he should drop out, I think Cruz is on good grounds to think he'll get the lion's share of the Trump delegates or backing in the public opinion polls.

He might not--because these things are very fluid and we don't know what the lineup of candidates will look like if and when Trump does withdraw--but Cruz' comment is reasonable from all that we know now.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0