Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
From the "this could get interesting," files: Cruz: Trump won't get nomination | The Hill

Asked during an interview with WABC's Rita Cosby if he could eventually defeat Trump based on his own principles, the Texas senator, who posted impressive third-quarter fundraising numbers Thursday said, "I think that's right.

"I think in time, I don't believe Donald is going to be the nominee and I think, in time, the lion's share of his supporters end up with us."

Ted Cruz says Donald Trump won’t be Republican nominee | Washington Times

“In time, I don’t believe Donald is going to be the nominee, and I think in time the lion’s share of his supporters end up with us,” Mr. Cruz said.
In the WABC-AM interview, Mr. Cruz continued to praise Mr. Trump, saying he liked and respected “Donald.”
Time will tell ...

Reactions: brinny

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Clash of over-inflated egos....grabbing the popcorn
latest

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
From the "this could get interesting," files: Cruz: Trump won't get nomination | The Hill

Asked during an interview with WABC's Rita Cosby if he could eventually defeat Trump based on his own principles, the Texas senator, who posted impressive third-quarter fundraising numbers Thursday said, "I think that's right.

"I think in time, I don't believe Donald is going to be the nominee and I think, in time, the lion's share of his supporters end up with us."

“In time, I don’t believe Donald is going to be the nominee, and I think in time the lion’s share of his supporters end up with us,” Mr. Cruz said.
In the WABC-AM interview, Mr. Cruz continued to praise Mr. Trump, saying he liked and respected “Donald.”
Time will tell ...

Cruz is pretty far behind Trump right now in the polls, correct?

Do you agree or disagree with Cruz, that Trump will not be the nominee and that Cruz will pick up the bulk of Trump supporters, in the end?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He is ... but he has an extremely stable base which has not wavered from supporting him.
Do you agree or disagree with Cruz, that Trump will not be the nominee and that Cruz will pick up the bulk of Trump supporters, in the end?
I don't have a crystal ball, bhsmte. :(

Would you like me to consult my magic 8 ball?

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

Time will tell ...

I agree.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He is ... but he has an extremely stable base which has not wavered from supporting him.

Stable base far behind in the polls doesn't mean much.

You seem to post all sorts of stuff about republican candidates and their current status that appear contradictory.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Do you need a crystal ball to have a personal opinion on whether Cruz is correct or not?

I am quite certain, you have personal opinions about things without using a crystal ball, don't you?

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Stable base far behind in the polls doesn't mean much.

You seem to post all sorts of stuff about republican candidates and their current status that appear contradictory.
LOL, the Republican candidates are contradictory? :scratch:

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do you need a crystal ball to have a personal opinion on whether Cruz is correct or not?

I am quite certain, you have personal opinions about things without using a crystal ball, don't you?
When I feel certain about political events ... I usually tell you.

Politics at the moment though is unstable. Neither the political elite nor the challengers know what the outcome of the current challenges is going to be. The media pundits don't know what the outcome is going to be ... though they do know that their time honored techniques to bring down challengers are not working.

Why is it you believe I should know who among the Republican challengers will end up holding the mantle when the current firefight ends?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟363,350.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

This may be the first time anyone has referred to Cruz supporters as "stable."

Reactions: stamperben
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Politics at the moment though is unstable. Neither the political elite nor the challengers know what the outcome of the current challenges is going to be. The media pundits don't know what the outcome is going to be ... though they do know that their time honored techniques to bring down challengers are not working.

Why is it you believe I should know who among the Republican challengers will end up holding the mantle when the current firefight ends?

Do you need to feel certain about something, before you can have an opinion about it?

People have opinions about things all the time, they may not be 100% certain about, but they still have an opinion, based on how they interpret information.

I guess this doesn't apply to you?

Upvote 0

stamperben

It's an old family tradition
Oct 16, 2011
✟53,694.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private

Never mind knowing who will end up the "mantle holder", I want to know who it is that you keep calling the "political elite?" Please name names.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Cruz is far behind Carson as well ... a little behind Rubio ... and most polls also have had him slightly behind Fiorina and Bush, though polling for these latter candidates has been sinking in more recent polls.
This may be the first time anyone has referred to Cruz supporters as "stable."
It was in a stochastic, or statistical, sense.
Winking_smiley.gif

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟781,037.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Do you need to feel certain about something, before you can have an opinion about it?

People have opinions about things all the time, they may not be 100% certain about, but they still have an opinion, based on how they interpret information.

I guess this doesn't apply to you?
I don't feel a sense of certainty ... or inevitability. :(

Upvote 0