Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I will make a prediction, because I do have opinions; Cruz will eventually bow out of this process.
That's an easy prediction. The odds are in your favor.

Not that I agree.
Winking_smiley.gif

odds-thumb_grande.jpg

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I agree. He will run out of money. Trump will call him a loser, and Cruz will go back to driving the Senate crazy.
My opinion is that Ted Cruz is likely to become attorney general if he doesn't get the nomination.

Upvote 0

Bible Page

White Lives Matter! ALL Lives Matter!
Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What will he say if Trump ends up on the 2016 ballot?

From the "this could get interesting," files: Cruz: Trump won't get nomination | The Hill

Asked during an interview with WABC's Rita Cosby if he could eventually defeat Trump based on his own principles, the Texas senator, who posted impressive third-quarter fundraising numbers Thursday said, "I think that's right.

"I think in time, I don't believe Donald is going to be the nominee and I think, in time, the lion's share of his supporters end up with us."

Ted Cruz says Donald Trump won’t be Republican nominee | Washington Times

“In time, I don’t believe Donald is going to be the nominee, and I think in time the lion’s share of his supporters end up with us,” Mr. Cruz said.
In the WABC-AM interview, Mr. Cruz continued to praise Mr. Trump, saying he liked and respected “Donald.”
Time will tell ...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Page

White Lives Matter! ALL Lives Matter!
Sep 22, 2015
✟952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Last edited:
Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
My opinion is that Ted Cruz is likely to become attorney general if he doesn't get the nomination.

Bumping this question for you:

If you think it is likely Cruz will be nominated for attorney general, who do you think will be nominating him for that position?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟374,472.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If it's at all possible, Ted is a bigger jackass than Donald Trump. Provoking a 13 day government shutdown over ACA repeal--an issue he knew had no chance of succeeding--is the worst kind of self-promotion. It accomplishes nothing other than pandering to his fringe supporters.. The govtrack.us link is informative. He's missed >11% of Senate votes--much higher than the lifetime median for his Senate colleagues. (Part of it is likely related to his campaigning. But Bernie Sanders, who's also on the campaign trail, has missed only 3%.) Ted's also looks to be below average on the leadership scale for Republican Senators. But for my money, as far as statesmanship is concerned, Ted Cruz makes Obama look like Winston Churchill. He has a jack squat chance of winning 270 EVs, and Republicans would be total and utter fools to make him their Presidential nominee.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/ted_cruz/412573

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Bumping this question for you:

If you think it is likely Cruz will be nominated for attorney general, who do you think will be nominating him for that position?
Now, that's an easier question ... using process of elimination.
Not Jeb Bush
Not Carly Fiorina
Not Lindsey Graham
Not George Pataki
Not Jim Gilmore
Not Rick Santorum
Not Chris Christie
Not Mike Huckabee
Not John Kasich
Not Rand Paul

That only leaves a few. ;)

Upvote 0

Black Dog

Sep 20, 2015
✟4,870.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
From the "this could get interesting," files: Cruz: Trump won't get nomination | The Hill

Asked during an interview with WABC's Rita Cosby if he could eventually defeat Trump based on his own principles, the Texas senator, who posted impressive third-quarter fundraising numbers Thursday said, "I think that's right.

"I think in time, I don't believe Donald is going to be the nominee and I think, in time, the lion's share of his supporters end up with us."

Ted Cruz says Donald Trump won’t be Republican nominee | Washington Times

“In time, I don’t believe Donald is going to be the nominee, and I think in time the lion’s share of his supporters end up with us,” Mr. Cruz said.
In the WABC-AM interview, Mr. Cruz continued to praise Mr. Trump, saying he liked and respected “Donald.”
Time will tell ...

They're both going for the Sarah Palin worshipers. It will be interesting, and undoubtedly humorous, watching Cruz and Trump battle for their loyalty.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Now, that's an easier question ... using process of elimination.
Not Jeb Bush
Not Carly Fiorina
Not Lindsey Graham
Not George Pataki
Not Jim Gilmore
Not Rick Santorum
Not Chris Christie
Not Mike Huckabee
Not John Kasich
Not Rand Paul

That only leaves a few. ;)

Who would those few be, that will nominate Cruz for AG?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Cruz is pretty far behind Trump right now in the polls, correct?

Do you agree or disagree with Cruz, that Trump will not be the nominee and that Cruz will pick up the bulk of Trump supporters, in the end?
He well might. To that extent, it's hard to dispute Cruz on this point.

If he does, it will be because of two things: 1) Cruz has resisted the urge to smear Trump at some time or other during the campaign so far. When Paul and Rubio and several others decided it would help them to light into Trump, it backfired on them. Also 2) Trump's main issue is illegal immigration, and Cruz has not been equivocal or vague on this issue the way that Bush, Rubio, Walker, and others have been.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0