Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
(AHN) - A study of 950,000 Swedish men reveals taller men get a better education.

The study, to be published in the International Journal of Epidemiology, suggests short people are discriminated against as they are expected to be low achievers, according to researcher Finn Rasmussen at Sweden's Karolinska Institute.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7002236028

tqpix

Deist
Apr 18, 2004
Vancouver
✟16,046.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Robert43 said:
(AHN) - A study of 950,000 Swedish men reveals taller men get a better education.

The study, to be published in the International Journal of Epidemiology, suggests short people are discriminated against as they are expected to be low achievers, according to researcher Finn Rasmussen at Sweden's Karolinska Institute.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7002236028
I'm tall, but I'm dumb as an ox. :scratch:

Upvote 0

simplicity

incredibly ordinary member
Jun 29, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
✟3,507.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm really short. Tall people do concern me. It's something about their height. It's okay when they're sitting down. But when they get up it's like, woah, look how tall this person is. It's true they seem to more educated while I'm a chronic underachiever. It's not right. Short people should get like special tax breaks and stuff like that to make up for their natural handicap. Why should I pay more bus fare when I take up the same amount of room as a 12 year old?

Upvote 0

butterfoot

Formerly Known as cameronw
Dec 16, 2004
✟9,595.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
simplicity said:
I'm really short. Tall people do concern me. It's something about their height. It's okay when they're sitting down. But when they get up it's like, woah, look how tall this person is. It's true they seem to more educated while I'm a chronic underachiever. It's not right. Short people should get like special tax breaks and stuff like that to make up for their natural handicap. Why should I pay more bus fare when I take up the same amount of room as a 12 year old?

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

I suppose you are going to say that Tall people should have assigned seating in the back of the movie theater. That they should pay more for airplane tickets because they occupy more space in the airplane(headspace). And that legislators should put restrictions on tall people so that the Majority Short people have the same opportunities as tall people.

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Oh by the way I am 6'2"

Upvote 0

Phylogeny

Veteran
Dec 28, 2004
✟2,426.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Hey, don't know about education but certainly tall people have an advantage in finding jobs and dates in China. My parents come from Sichuan, long known for having some of the shortest people in China---no surprise that one of the first questions asked by my mother of any potential boyfriend is 'how tall is he?'. The country is obsessed with height! Being tall compensates for so many other shortfalls, I'm starting to think there should be some type of law against short people in China.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Oidhche

The Mysterious Stranger
Mar 3, 2004
✟210.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
cameronw said:
I suppose you are going to say that Tall people should have assigned seating in the back of the movie theater. That they should pay more for airplane tickets because they occupy more space in the airplane(headspace). And that legislators should put restrictions on tall people so that the Majority Short people have the same opportunities as tall people.

Perhaps it would be easier to cut their feet off. :D

Upvote 0