Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This is a new definition of bravery to me. Blowing up oneself in order to achieve glorious martyrdom in heaven, and in the process blowing up innocent men, women and children.

Yes, that is certainly my idea of cowardice. In fact, I can't think of anything more craven.

Someone who dies for their beliefs is certainly a martyr. But someone who kills is a murderous bastard, nothing more.

I understand what you're saying. However, the reality of it is that strong faith and the delusion of 'absolute certainty', plays a major role in all of it, regardless the particular religion. In relatively recent times, Guyana comes to mind, along with the Branch Davidians, Timothy McVeigh, and of late, Scott Roeder. There are many more examples of the true danger of self-righteous, faith-based sociopaths.

Upvote 0

Col3_11n12

Oct 10, 2008
✟15,793.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Naw, I think the naive pulling-the-wool-over-your-eyes helps it much more effectively. Worked for the German population.

I could pull out so many incidents of what's happening in the U.S. I would hijack the thread. And I think you know that (if you wanted to...).

I will simply redirect people to a single incident, here:
http://www.christianforums.com/t7374152/

Police brutality caught on camera (let alone the other 95% not caught on camera) has become *SO* commonplace on the airwaves now, only 2 people even bothered to comment on it this time around. I precict it's a matter of several months before that number drops to 0. There's an "investigation" done and people just forget.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but, a police investigation of police brutality doesnt do anything.

The police protect their own before they'd protect a crack-head that they just beat the living heck out of.

Internal Affairs, SpecialInvestigationsUnit, etc, don't work either. The police will lie in court if it means protecting their reputation. So would anyone else.

its always their word against yours. And theirs is ALWAYS better.

---------------

but, anyway, I don't think we kill jews. We incarcerate and kill the poor. Did you know we have the most people in prison per capita of population out of any other country in the world? Thats disturbing. And for the most part its non-violent poor minorities with drug offenses that make up the majority of the prison system. THATS messed up.
-----------------

I do agree that we have become much more of a police state in the past hundred years than we'd like to realize.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Certainly NOT 'terrorists'- more like insurgent freedom fighters bringing an evil cabal to heel.

Yes, it is terrorism; killing a civillian public servant in pubic for religious or polical motivation IS terrorism in case you forgot.

Also, your support of such terrorists is noted.

I think the FBI is also noting this.

Upvote 0

Donkeytron

Veteran
Oct 24, 2005
✟17,374.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Certainly NOT 'terrorists'- more like insurgent freedom fighters bringing an evil cabal to heel.

yes, brave freedom fighters striving valiantly to return the united states to the laws of the 14th century. you lost, a long time ago. give it up already.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

katautumn

Prodigal Daughter
May 14, 2015
Atlanta, GA
✟24,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh please, not the south. I live in the south and I have decided to come up with some sort of emergency moving plan if Georgia gets some hair brained idea the US is becoming "too liberal" and tries to secede...again. I don't want to live in a sovereign "nation" with Sonny Perdue at the helm! :tantrum:

Reactions: mpok1519
Upvote 0