Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
http://www.comcast.net/articles/news...ller.Shooting/

Its crazy that this happened. Its sad.

Just more proof that theres a hard-nosed fundamentalist right-wing agenda with people willing to kill folks with their wal-mart bought fiearms just to show the world that they have religious conviction pointed in any which direction which can cause the most pain and hardship.

Terrorists are also here at home willing to kill people for funamentalist religious convictions.

No different than the hijackers of nine-eleven in my opinion.

But, its safe to say that the murderer was mentally ill; any murderer or, well, anyone who loves guns, weapons and the power to cause pain is probably ill.

Pray for the Tiller family; and pray for the family of the murderer; they have a rough challenge ahead as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

lux et lex

light and law
Jan 8, 2009
✟12,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Its crazy that this happened. Its sad.

Just more proof that theres a hard-nosed fundamentalist right-wing agenda with people willing to kill folks with their wal-mart bought fiearms just to show the world that they have religious conviction pointed in any which direction which can cause the most pain and hardship.

Terrorists are also here at home willing to kill people for funamentalist religious convictions.

No different than the hijackers of nine-eleven in my opinion.

But, its safe to say that the murderer was mentally ill; any murderer or, well, anyone who loves guns, weapons and the power to cause pain is probably ill.

Pray for the Tiller family; and pray for the family of the murderer; they have a rough challenge ahead as well.

I'll quote this for emphasis. Praying for the family and I hope justice is brought for the very depraved person who did this.

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran
Tiller's killer is a vigilante, not a terrorist.

Pro-life murderers, right?

This is why when they call themselves "pro-lifers" I only hear "hypocrites"
Shooting abortionists is actually the consistent thing to do if you believe abortion is murder. If abortion is murder, shooting an abortionist as he's about to perform an abortion is A-OK. IIt would simply be defense of others, like shooting an armed robber.

The government not banning or punishing egregious acts leads to vigilantism, and so we get incidents like this.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jonathan David

Revolutionary Dancer
Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟21,356.00
Faith
Judaism
No Blackguard, that is most likely incorrect. This guy has intentionally targeted and killed a civilian in order to kill the individual and, most likely, to cause fear among a particular community in order to alter social policy. At least that's what every other attack on abortion clinics and doctors has been about.

I'm pretty sure that's what we call a terrorist these days.

Reactions: Joachim
Upvote 0

Joachim

The flag is a protest for state flags
Jan 14, 2009
Bob Riley is my governor
✟17,703.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat

You are aware that Walmart sells only shotguns and rifles right, and nothing all that high power or high capacity? Find me the Wal-Mart that sells pistols and AK's and I'll retract this.

Oh we have domestic terrorists for reasons more than religious. The Klan, Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, Aryan Nations, and so forth.

But, its safe to say that the murderer was mentally ill;

Not necessarily. This looks pretty premediatated to me. It would have taken some stalking to know where they guy went to church and when he went to church.

any murderer or, well, anyone who loves guns, weapons and the power to cause pain is probably ill.

No. Many murderers are fully competent. Also, as a gun owner, I find it insulting that you consider me mentally ill because I am a gun owner and enjoy guns.

The murderer is in Kansas and Kansas has a very weak justice system. The killer will probably get off with life in prison and in protective custody to boot. In a real justice system, he'd be on the express lane to a proper punishment.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

You are aware that Walmart sells only shotguns and rifles right, and nothing all that high power or high capacity? Find me the Wal-Mart that sells pistols and AK's and I'll retract this.

So? They sell machines that for the longest time have been used to deal homocide for years; hunting rifles and shotguns doesnt mean y'cant hunt people with em.

Oh we have domestic terrorists for reasons more than religious. The Klan, Black Panthers, Nation of Islam, Aryan Nations, and so forth.

Lobbyists too. lol

Not necessarily. This looks pretty premediatated to me. It would have taken some stalking to know where they guy went to church and when he went to church.

No. Many murderers are fully competent. Also, as a gun owner, I find it insulting that you consider me mentally ill because I am a gun owner and enjoy guns.

The murderer is in Kansas and Kansas has a very weak justice system. The killer will probably get off with life in prison and in protective custody to boot. In a real justice system, he'd be on the express lane to a proper punishment.

My mom is apart of the Kanas justice system. thats insulting. =P

And I said those who love guns, not enjoy. do you love your guns? Do you love them as you love your fellow human?

Premeditation of murder doesnt exclude the possibility of mental illness, though. I was emphasizing the fact that those who love guns and thier right winged fundamentalist agenda aprobably do have something wrong with their heads.

I just find it amazing that there are people out there willing to defend Tiller's murderer.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2008
✟16,310.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

No, a terrorist is someone who commits acts of violence in furtherance of a political or religious agenda, which I presume fits the profile of the shooter. He is a terrorist. Anyone that sympathizes with him supports anti-abortion terrorism.

Shooting abortionists is actually the consistent thing to do if you believe abortion is murder. If abortion is murder, shooting an abortionist as he's about to perform an abortion is A-OK. It would simply be defense of others, like shooting an armed robber.

Not by the law of this land, and in any case he was shot during a church service.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Shooting abortionists is actually the consistent thing to do if you believe abortion is murder. If abortion is murder, shooting an abortionist as he's about to perform an abortion is A-OK. It would simply be defense of others, like shooting a gun who comes at you with a knife.

The government not banning or punishing egregious acts leads to vigilantism, and so we get incidents like this.

should this be treated as a hate-crime? It is religiously motivated.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2008
✟16,310.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I don't think the Black Panthers or Nation Of Islam are terrorist groups, but I could be wrong. I met a Black Panther once and he didn't strike me as the type to go around committing acts of violence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

fated

The White Hart
Jul 22, 2007
Illinois (non-Chicago)
✟26,223.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Already in this forum it is clear that this murder foments prejudice against pro-life persons, even though they and their groups proclaim their taking offense of this murder. I seem to have been called a terrorist or murderer, right at the begining of the thread. Ah, well, we might just see a bunch of innocent people treated harshly under oppressive laws because one person was to stupid to see that more children will be saved through protest than by murdering a doctor.

It is important that every pro-life person remember to call this killing a murder, because it could quickly be construed somehow of guilt by the pro-abortion lobby that would like to curtail the rights of people who have done and planned no harm.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
No Blackguard, that is most likely incorrect. This guy has intentionally targeted and killed a civilian in order to kill the individual and, most likely, to cause fear among a particular community in order to alter social policy. At least that's what every other attack on abortion clinics and doctors has been about.

He most likely either did it to...

Defend who he thought were children getting killed directly.
Or.
Defend who he thought were children getting killed indirectly, by causing terror.
Or.
Both.

If the former, he is not a terrorist. If either the latter, he is.

That being said, can ever a terrorist be justified (and I would say that an attack on a soldier to cause terror for some greater objective is terrorism as well)?

Upvote 0

Joachim

Jan 14, 2009
Bob Riley is my governor
✟17,703.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think the Black Panthers or Nation Of Islam are terrorist groups, but I could be wrong. I met a Black Panther once and he didn't strike me as the type to go around committing acts of violence.

I would call what they were doing in Philadelphia during the election as terrorism. As for the NOI. All you need to know about them is that they teach that white people were invented by an evil mad scientist who was out to destroy black people.

Southern Poverty Law Center considers both to be hate groups.

Upvote 0

Joachim

Jan 14, 2009
Bob Riley is my governor
✟17,703.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
So? They sell machines that for the longest time have been used to deal homocide for years; hunting rifles and shotguns doesnt mean y'cant hunt people with em.

You can't stop people from hunting people with their cars either, so where is your rant about that?

My mom is apart of the Kanas justice system. thats insulting. =P

Well, your state doesn't really use the death penalty, and you keep your prisoners in clean prisons and don't force them to do farmwork in the 100 degree summer heat, or industrial work in a prison room that has no air conditioning and with only limited water breaks. To me, that is a weak justice system.

Premeditation of murder doesnt exclude the possibility of mental illness, though. I was emphasizing the fact that those who love guns and thier right winged fundamentalist agenda aprobably do have something wrong with their heads.

What about those with a left-wing agenda?

I just find it amazing that there are people out there willing to defend Tiller's murderer .

When did I ever defend his murderer?

Upvote 0

Blackguard_

Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos.
Feb 9, 2004
Tucson
✟18,992.00
Faith
Lutheran

His targeting of the individual leads me to think this is more about vigilantism. He targeted the person directly responsible for what he considered heinous crimes and not say, pro-choice politicians or his family. That Tiller was a civilian is irrelevant. Can vigilantes not intend to inspire fear in 'criminals'? This is why i don't like the term "terrorism". It can be too broad at times.

Not by the law of this land,
hence vigilantism. The Stare won't do justice(in his eyes), so he took it into his own hands.

and in any case he was shot during a church service.
Right. This case was murder. I didn't mean to imply it wasn't.
That being said, can ever a terrorist be justified (and I would say that an attack on a soldier to cause terror for some greater objective is terrorism as well)?
Do you beleive war can ever be justified?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
May 12, 2008
✟16,310.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I would call what they were doing in Philadelphia during the election as terrorism. As for the NOI. All you need to know about them is that they teach that white people were invented by an evil mad scientist who was out to destroy black people.

That stupid display at the polling place, where they left without any violence committed? That's a pretty low bar to set for what constitutes a terrorist act.

Southern Poverty Law Center considers both to be hate groups.

A hate group isn't necessarily a terrorist group, even though they often go hand in hand.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2008
✟16,310.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, your state doesn't really use the death penalty, and you keep your prisoners in clean prisons and don't force them to do farmwork in the 100 degree summer heat, or industrial work in a prison room that has no air conditioning and with only limited water breaks. To me, that is a weak justice system.

Christians call that 'mercy'.

Upvote 0

mpok1519

Veteran
Jul 8, 2007
✟28,850.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can't stop people from hunting people with their cars either, so where is your rant about that?

well, cars can kill you two ways; running you over, or poisoning you by filling the air full of pollution. I got a big rant about that one; wait till I bust out all the stuff about environmental injustice. Did you know almost all US toxic or radiological waste is dumped in poor minoity populated areas in the south? oh man, its terrible.

Yeah, cuz, most prisoners aren't really violent; most prisoners are non-violent drug offendors; a non-violent drug offender doesn't deserve t be imprisoned in the first place. Wehave a weak justice system because we're still throwing people in prison for years for possessing drugs. Theres no justice there, just forms of acceptable inhumanity. This is a ign Kansas believes in humane treatment and rehabilitation of our 'criminals', even though most of them are good, hard-working individuals who decided to sell some drugs for a little extra profit. People act as if if you're in prison, you are atomatically a bad person, when, it can be perfectly legal to be an evil person who cuts down trees and rapes the land for profit. You act as if prisoners aren't even people.

What about those with a left-wing agenda?

The people who believe in evolution, progression of medical science with stem cell research, and increase civil liberties of the populous? Yeah, theyre way cooler than the radicals who think its okay to kill fully grown adults for their religious beliefs, imho. I think the let-wing agenda is a little more civillized and logical than the right-winged agenda of trying to get ID taught in schools, not let gys get married, bombing abortion clinics, etc.

When did I ever defend his murderer?

I don't think you did; but do you have some level of sympathy for Tiller's murderer?

Upvote 0

platzapS

Expanding Mind
Nov 12, 2002
Sunshine State
Visit site
✟5,263.00
Faith
Humanist
If abortion is really the moral equivalent of murder, this guy did nothing wrong. He sacrificed his freedom (and maybe his life) to save thousands of others in the future, and is quite honorable.

This leads me to believe that those anti-abortion activists who honestly condemn Tiller's killer either:

A) are absolute pacifists who think no killing is ever justified, or

B) don't really believe abortion is morally equivalent to murder

Last edited:
Reactions: seashale76
Upvote 0