Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Supreme court orders the lower court to vacate it's ruling.

Snip : "“The Biden administration had argued that the Supreme Court did not need to weigh in on the border wall funding case because the project was closed down by the new administration,” Newsweek noted."

The court did not buy the silly argument made by Biden...

Supreme Court rules in favor of Donald Trump's plan to use $3.6 billion for border wall

This will deal a terrible blow to refugees without ladders, spades, or ropes.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparagmos
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How did yiu determine that?

The majority of illegal immigrants in the US, around 70%, arrive in the country legally and then don't leave. Numbers of people crossing the border, with some ups and downs, have steadily decreased from a high point of around 1.6m to less than half a mil, since 2008. There's no evidence to suggest the wall on the border, as planned, would have any significant impact even on those numbers. Something equivalent to the Berlin wall, complete with guards, and going down more than a few metres into the earth, would do the job but Trump's fence is a largely pointless vanity project.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟154,419.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
The majority of illegal immigrants in the US, around 70%, arrive in the country legally and then don't leave. Numbers of people crossing the border, with some ups and downs, have steadily decreased from a high point of around 1.6m to less than half a mil, since 2008. There's no evidence to suggest the wall on the border, as planned, would have any significant impact even on those numbers. Something equivalent to the Berlin wall, complete with guards, and going down more than a few metres into the earth, would do the job but Trump's fence is a largely pointless vanity project.

Whether it is 70% and what is significant could
be discussed, but one thing few could disagree
with, I think is that US I migration policy is
hearless and insane.

Upvote 0

spiritfilledjm

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2007
Indianapolis, Indiana
✟225,404.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This will deal a terrible blow to refugees without ladders, spades, or ropes.

Refugees enter legally at a border seeking asylum. They don't cross illegally.

• Agree
Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

Tom 1

Optimistic sceptic
Site Supporter
Nov 13, 2017
Tarnaveni
✟818,769.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Refugees enter legally at a border seeking asylum. They don't cross illegally.

A refugee is a refugee, however they cross into the US they are seeking refuge.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Snip : "“The Biden administration had argued that the Supreme Court did not need to weigh in on the border wall funding case because the project was closed down by the new administration,” Newsweek noted."

Supreme Court rules in favor of Donald Trump's plan to use $3.6 billion for border wall
Nor did the Supremes mandate it be built.
"The District Court should consider what further proceedings are necessary and appropriate in light of the changed circumstances in this case," the Supreme Court added. The Court did not provide an explanation for its decision beyond mentioning the change in circumstances under which the case has been considered.

Upvote 0

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Well it they Democrats were not busy with their own infighting over the budget and the so called "Infrastructure" bill I'm sure this would renew calls to pack the court.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praise GOD this is good news. Left always wanted the wall until Trump said he wanted the wall. OBAMA is for the wall as in you can't have open borders. People only want all those people to come in until they come to your city take the jobs.. take the less pay on and on. There is a legal way of coming in..

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟374,730.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,965.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Praise GOD this is good news. Left always wanted the wall until Trump said he wanted the wall. OBAMA is for the wall as in you can't have open borders. People only want all those people to come in until they come to your city take the jobs.. take the less pay on and on. There is a legal way of coming in..

I gotta say the whole Democratic party talking points on the Wall has been one of the biggest gas lighting I think in history. aka saying with a straight face "The Wall is too expensive" and "walls don't work" etc.

It really makes me wish that God would grant me dictatorial powers so I could impose their same standards on them whenever they feel insecure and want to erect a razorwire fence around the Capitol building. "Nope. as you mentioned walls don't work etc. so your request for fencing and national guard troops is denied, so instead carry some pepper spray and get a concealed carry permit ASAP".

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: JustSomeBloke
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟566,402.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I gotta say the whole Democratic party talking points on the Wall has been one of the biggest gas lighting I think in history. aka saying with a straight face "The Wall is too expensive" and "walls don't work" etc.

It really makes me wish that God would grant me dictatorial powers so I could impose their same standards on them whenever they feel insecure and want to erect a razorwire fence around the Capitol building. "Nope. as you mentioned walls don't work etc. so your request for fencing and national guard troops is denied, so instead carry some pepper spray and get a concealed carry permit ASAP".

Strawman much?

Dems' claims about its cost or efficacy, while probably being more-or-less correct, are little more than thin obfuscations for the fact that they don't like the optics of the wall and the anti-immigrant message it sends. OTOH, Trump's fixation on the wall was built on the same foundation - it had nothing to do with the efficacy of the wall, and everything to do with the optics. He wanted to send a message that immigrants weren't welcome. Based on the rate of migrants trying to cross the border, his messaging seems to have been effective.

That said, the comparison between a border wall and a security perimeter around a single building is asinine. Nobody has argued "walls of any sort never work in any context." That would be stupid. Obviously walls work in some places.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please, come to my city and take jobs. We need workers.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Congress sent him a bill with $30 billion for a border wall and amnesty for DACA immigrants. Trump did not sign the deal.

Upvote 0