Russellville, AR
✟637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Around Christmas time, I don't think that I have had Christmas until everyone and even some of the animals have had at least three gifts each. I could care less about getting anything. I just love the idea of giving. It is fun just to see the looks on other's faces when they see that I wrapped a gift card up with a concrete block in an odd shaped box. I like sitting back and looking at the tree and there being no room to walk around it.

I LOVE to give. It is a ton of fun for me. People look at me like I am nuts, which I guess I am. All normal people like to get, so I know i am nuts.

But this Christmas, there is something that I am wanting for myself. I have hesitated to even post this, but maybe if others pray with me to have this, my Christmas wish will come true.

Due to my diabetes and hypertension, my eyesight is not very good. Everything has to be either enlarged or I have to have a magnifying glass to read. I want an extra large print, bonded leather, thumb indexed, King James Version(cause that is what I have always read), or New King James would be fine too, Bible with my name on it. Something that I can read without straining my eyes and ending up with a headache. A good concordance in the back would be great, too, with center references.

I had one one time. But it was when I was with my ex and he ripped it to shreds because I made him mad.

I have checked into getting one, but with us being on a fixed income, the bills, Shadrach and Cody always comes first.

Haven't been reading like I should. I know that there is a lot of spiritual growth contained between the covers of the Bible. And there is a lot to learn about God and there are things that He wants to show me. I also think that there is a gift that He has given me, and I want to know if I am just losing it or if it really is a gift.

So, ever how stupid it sounds, that is what I want for Christmas. Even if it take til my birthday, 5 days after Christmas, or even for next Christmas. I know that it is not really anything that I NEED, as far as food, means of transportation, utility bills paid, and so on. So maybe I am being selfish. But it is my request anyway.

Reactions: NYkravitz

kericson

Servant
Oct 9, 2010
New Jersey, USA
Visit site
✟20,972.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
This is not stupid at all. I understand what you are saying. Sometimes the only sanity on earth comes from Heaven through the Bible. I think God is pleased with this request :amen:

Dear Heavenly Father I lift this request to You. I pray You will provide a Leather bound NKJV Bible for my sister- with a concordance. Please provide the money to whoever You choose to buy it for her. Thank You for Your Word Father.

In Jesus Name, Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brandlynn

Nov 13, 2010
Russellville, AR
✟637.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you all. God will provide at sometime. He has got to. I mean, Cody reads to me. But when I really want to search something out for myself, I like to see it in black and white or red and white for myself. These eyes of mine don't like to work very well. When I do read the smaller stuff, it gives me a sick headache.

Upvote 0